JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Led Zep Cafe...from in around the Internet, this link....

"I did manage to walk to the other side of Kep to go to the Led Zep cafe (it'd be rude not to :-). They had pics on the wall of all of the guitar greats, including several of Led Zeppelin in action. The Pizza and fresh lime juice helped a lot as well (shame it wasn't lemon juice though :-):"

ledzepcafe.jpg

Text/Led Zep Cafe....

http://visitmyblogat...zep-in-kep.html

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/planetPage_bucket/Towerankorwat.jpg]Towerankorwat.jpg

The Temple of Angkor Wat, dedicated to the Hindu God Vishnu, was erected as his state temple and capitol city by Suryavarman II, an early 12th-century king. With the decline of the ancient Khmer empire, Angkor Wat was turned into a Buddhist temple; that continuous maintenance has helped its preservation. The temple, the epitome of the high classical style of Khmer architecture, has become a symbol of Cambodia, appearing on its national flag and becoming the country's prime attraction for visitors. In 1992, the UNESCO World Heritage Committee declared the monument and the whole city of Angkor a World Heritage Site.

The Denver arena can host 12.000 people! It's quite amazing Grant managed to put them in front of such big audiences right at the start! I wonder how he managed to do that? I know the times were really good for rock and roll, but he must have had some pretty good connections because of the previous acts he did!?

12/25/11

122511.jpg

Towerankorwat.jpg

The Temple of Angkor Wat, dedicated to the Hindu God Vishnu, was erected as his state temple and capitol city by Suryavarman II, an early 12th-century king. With the decline of the ancient Khmer empire, Angkor Wat was turned into a Buddhist temple; that continuous maintenance has helped its preservation. The temple, the epitome of the high classical style of Khmer architecture, has become a symbol of Cambodia, appearing on its national flag and becoming the country's prime attraction for visitors. In 1992, the UNESCO World Heritage Committee declared the monument and the whole city of Angkor a World Heritage Site.

Thank you aen and PlanetPage. I love Jimmy's photo and description of Angkor Wat on Christmas morning! We were there in mid-summer, during the monsoon season, so the ambiance was quite different - very beautiful with the lush foliage and banyan limbs lying over the sides of the temple ruins like elephants' trunks. Although the poverty (and history) in the villages around Siem Reap was among the most abject I've ever witnessed (and I've spent a lot of time in impoverished countries), the people were so kind and generous with their time and smiles - it was poignant.

Photos from Goa - (I guess we can only imagine Beautiful James Patrick Page on the Beautiful Beaches of Goa) :wub::):elvis2:

http://GOAMainPHOTO.jpg

Can you imagine that beautiful sight, PlanetPage? Do you know if this was Jimmy's first trip to Goa? Had he been there before, during his earlier visit to Bombay? I was interested to see that he entered India through Bangalore because when we were in Goa we entered the country via Bombay (there weren't yet any international flights into Bangalore). The beaches of Goa, when we were there, were beautiful and white, studded with palm trees. We never went back to Goa as our preferred beaches in India are in Pondy.

Do you and your friends know if this place in my photo is still in Goa? Inside was a sign with The Doors' lyric - This is the End, beautiful friend - it was paradise.

IndiaGoaEndoftheWorld2.jpg

Can you imagine that beautiful sight, PlanetPage? Do you know if this was Jimmy's first trip to Goa? Had he been there before, during his earlier visit to Bombay? I was interested to see that he entered India through Bangalore because when we were in Goa we entered the country via Bombay (there weren't yet any international flights into Bangalore). The beaches of Goa, when we were there, were beautiful and white, studded with palm trees. We never went back to Goa as our preferred beaches in India are in Pondy.

Do you and your friends know if this place in my photo is still in Goa? Inside was a sign with The Doors' lyric - This is the End, beautiful friend - it was paradise.

Thank you so much for all this information MSG and PlanetPage. He continues about Goa tonight. I can see him there too. This such a coindence that a friend and girl I work with is on her way to India right now. :D

Thank you aen and PlanetPage. I love Jimmy's photo and description of Angkor Wat on Christmas morning! We were there in mid-summer, during the monsoon season, so the ambiance was quite different - very beautiful with the lush foliage and banyan limbs lying over the sides of the temple ruins like elephants' trunks. Although the poverty (and history) in the villages around Siem Reap was among the most abject I've ever witnessed (and I've spent a lot of time in impoverished countries), the people were so kind and generous with their time and smiles - it was poignant.

...MSG Thank you for your wonderful comments always so very informative and just beautiful...

...Jimmy's words are poetry in motion as always, full of grace and charm, just like him...perfect chemistry between his imagery and his thinking;

MSG, I must admit I can't help but wish that John Bonham was still with us,.... John Paul Jones, Robert and Jimmy sharing so much with us (and I am so very thankful they still Grace this period of our lives), very culturally inclined Musicians, I wish to see this aspect of him as well - ... there was so much more that we just didn't know - He was truly gifted musician....

.... and MSG I couldn't find the Bell Tower of the Temple, the exact Tower Location where Jimmy says he greeted the Christmas Morning...

MSG; - Absolutlely I can imagine this...... (lots of practice from the 70's - "Jimmy Fantasy Land") ;)

...Jimmy is arriving from Far East Cambodia to India/Goa, in this direction he will encounter Banglore First, then Bombay, so forth to West/Home;.

I will look into this Photo through some contacts who have business in Goa/Hotels;

MSG as for if Jimmy has been in Goa before, I cannot confirm this, perhaps SAJ might know more accurate details...while they visited Bombay '72, I have never heard that any of the musicians from Bombay went with them to Goa;

I do wonder what writer Stephen Davis has written that Jimmy travelled before '67 (in Hammer of Gods) to India and that he returned when he was ill;

second, Jimmy's personally confirmed visit to Bombay/Santa Cruz Airport after the Australian Yardbirds Tour'67 (their last) - here he might have gone to Goa (but nothing is ever know, except that he mentioned earlier in this archive that "he had been to India"...(although it appears he stayed in Bombay for Sitar Lessons);

On this note, I do recall Pete Townsend visiting Goa (I have seen his photo long while ago) during the Popular days of "His Generation" who loved Goa so much....

AEN27 Thanks for all of the lovely Photos that you always manage to post.........

Today`s collection, I have seen some of the photos in the recent few films, ...I love Jimmy`s passport photos too...I truly feel like I am on a journey with him as he takes us through the world over......there is so much more to Jimmy Page, so glad he is healthy and happy to share with us all of these wonderful moments that personally belong to him...

another beautiful photo from Goa (I have some in our collection from Baga Beach, Goa, but I don`t know how to scan yet)

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/planetPage_bucket/paolematdusk.jpg]http://paolematdusk.jpg

Am I correct in understanding those are Lord Page's own photos of Goa posted on his site? They are lovely, full of character.

Side note: I'm a bit puzzled that in the '69 record review he didn't recognize Fairport Convention. I would've thought they'd be right up his Pentangle-lovin' street, but he was a very busy man and there was so much great music around.

Jimmy's OTD for the 23rd of December recognizes a turning point in the evolution of LZ. Thank you for the additional information, PlanetPage...and especially for the beautiful photo of Jeff! I believe this photo was also taken at the Chateau Marmont:

20k9hyb.jpg

My husband and I have our own special memories of the Chateau Marmont. We loved the history and the character of the place, especially in the late 1970s/early 1980s, before Belushi's death there and before many of the renovations took place.

Were the renovations extensive? My brother & I stayed at one of the cottages (close to the pool) in the early 90's and it was similarly spartan to the look of the '68 photo with Jeff Beck posted here. The desk clerk was kind enough to show me into penthouse suite 29 where Jim Morrison often stayed. Not to be morbid, but I've never been clear on where John Belushi died - was it one of the high bungalows, far away from the rest of the property?

Archived