JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Page/Plant played the "original" Boston Garden on April 9 & 10, 1995 and returned later in the year on October 23, 1995 to play the new Fleet Center (now known as TD Garden, and built next door to replace the old Boston Garden).

If I'm correct, Page/Plant certainly played the last concerts ever by anyone at the Boston Garden. Not sure if these were the last events of any kind here. Can anyone verify this?

Man, I'm getting bored with Jimmypage.com. How exciting it was last summer, the promise of new music. Now I get to read what they did on every random day in the 60's, 70's, 80,'s and 00's. Hate to say this, but it's become a big letdown. I wonder how many people actually care? If Jimmy Page wants to highlight what he is doing today, or what he will do in the coming months, I think his website strategy is a big step backwards.

Come home from work, take care of the kids, fix dinner, and read about what Zep did in 1974? It holds the attention of the Zeppelin fanatics maybe, but please....it's time for Jimmy to release new music, or at least talk about his ideas for the near future, or dare I say this, the shutdown the website. No thanks to soundtrack music from 1982. Give us a clip of Jimmy playing a new riff, and I would be excited. Anything would be good at this point, 4+ years after the London show that hinted at the possibility of something new.

Time to move forward.

If I'm correct, Page/Plant certainly played the last concerts ever by anyone at the Boston Garden. Not sure if these were the last events of any kind here. Can anyone verify this?

If I recall correctly Page/Plant were the last music act to perform at the Boston Garden, however the final event to be held at Boston Garden was a preseason hockey game between the Bruins and the Montreal Canadiens on September 28, 1995. The Garden was demolished in 1998.

[responding to BigJetPlane's "I wonder how many people actually care?"]

To quote Ali McGraw's character in Love Story, "I care! I care!"

It's very lovely that the maestro is sharing personal memories with his fans. This is a bloke who's been extremely private for decades - I don't take it lightly that we get to hear from him every day. Sure, I'd like to hear new music from him but the great man (who is soon to turn 68 remember) has contributed so much to music already. He certainly doesn't owe us anything! I plan to telepathically send him waves of appreciation on Monday, i.e. World Jimmy Page Day.

[responding to BigJetPlane's "I wonder how many people actually care?"]

To quote Ali McGraw's character in Love Story, "I care! I care!"

It's very lovely that the maestro is sharing personal memories with his fans. This is a bloke who's been extremely private for decades - I don't take it lightly that we get to hear from him every day. Sure, I'd like to hear new music from him but the great man (who is soon to turn 68 remember) has contributed so much to music already. He certainly doesn't owe us anything! I plan to telepathically send him waves of appreciation on Monday, i.e. World Jimmy Page Day.

I totally agree with you, FireOpal. We are not the only ones, I can assure you! :D

...Hi MSG, I remember about this meeting also, Texas Pop Festival backstage it was.....

Here is the Forum Discussion:

Video Robert discussing Meeting Janis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgCyGHr35To

Hi PlanetPage! Thank you so much for this...yes, it's exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote my post. :)

01/06/2012

1612.jpg

Banned in Boston

Does anyone know who in the LZ entourage was informed of the mayor's decision? Would it have been Peter Grant? When and who decided to fill that date with a show at Nassau? While at the 1975 MSG shows my friends and I met a group of guys who were in college in the Boston area and were "making up" the missed concert by traveling to see as many shows as they could in the northeast (the "preppies", as we called them, surfaced about a year and a half later, at the TSRST premiere).

Banned in Boston

Does anyone know who in the LZ entourage was informed of the mayor's decision? Would it have been Peter Grant? When and who decided to fill that date with a show at Nassau? While at the 1975 MSG shows my friends and I met a group of guys who were in college in the Boston area and were "making up" the missed concert by traveling to see as many shows as they could in the northeast (the "preppies", as we called them, surfaced about a year and a half later, at the TSRST premiere).

Here are the Boston Globe articles associated with the canceled Boston Feb. 4, 1975 date - they provide a timeline of all relevant events:

December 31, 1974:

th_74-12-31BostonGlobe.jpg

Jan. 7, 1975:

th_75-01-07paint.jpg

January 8, 1975:

th_75-01-08BostonGlobe.jpg

th_75-01-08BostonGlobea.jpg

January 9, 1975:

th_75-01-09BostonGlobe.jpg

January 10, 1975:

th_75-01-10BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 14, 1975:

th_75-01-14BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 17, 1975:

th_75-01-17BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 20, 1975:

th_75-01-20BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 23, 1975:

th_75-01-23BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 24, 1975:

th_75-01-24BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 26, 1975:

th_75-01-26BostonGlobe-1.jpg

February 16, 1975:

th_75-02-16BostonGlobea-1.jpg

th_75-02-16BostonGlobe-pagea15articleed.jpg

... Zoom Widge and Wag is so lively, both of the musicians so energetic, a perfect fit, I must say; - I love the way Jimmy made this entry remembering His Late Friend/Colleague with such warm and genuine thoughts....

...and I love the way Jimmy arrives in the posted video, walking with his killer instrument in hand, in such vintage era capturing London beautifully...

Video Footage of the Day

http://www.jimmypage.com/

..bit of the video also appears here with Bobbie Graham:

....and AEN27 tks as always and can you imagine if we run into him at the corner, Jimmy would say in his gentle voice, Elegantally, ..Oh you silly Pagettes......... ;)

1966 - Bobby Graham/Jimmy Page Teensville......

If I recall correctly Page/Plant were the last music act to perform at the Boston Garden, however the final event to be held at Boston Garden was a preseason hockey game between the Bruins and the Montreal Canadiens on September 28, 1995. The Garden was demolished in 1998.

Thanks for clarifying this Steve. As usual, we don't need the Encyclopedia Britannica here when we have you. And that's a compliment. You're very much appreciated as I'm sure you're aware of. Keep up the stupendous work! :D:thanku::thumbsup:

Archived. :)

Sorry about the quality, I screen captured it, so compression is shown.

..thank you for this...your are so very attentive...

Here is another video which shows the interior of the Olympic Studios in 1966...it is a British Pathe Film and Olympic Studios bit starts at about 04:49, a look at life in London...

..not edited for typing..

01/08/2012

1812.jpg

Just a quick correction to "On This Day":

"He had been given a solo deal and his first single was 'Skin Deep' - a classic Gene Krupa number -"

---------------------------------------

"Skin Deep" was actually Louie Bellson's featured number with Duke Ellington. Bellson composed the tune himself.

--Eric

... Zoom Widge and Wag is so lively, both of the musicians so energetic, a perfect fit, I must say; - I love the way Jimmy made this entry remembering His Late Friend/Colleague with such warm and genuine thoughts....

...and I love the way Jimmy arrives in the posted video, walking with his killer instrument in hand, in such vintage era capturing London beautifully...

Video Footage of the Day

http://www.jimmypage.com/

..bit of the video also appears here with Bobbie Graham:

....and AEN27 tks as always and can you imagine if we run into him at the corner, Jimmy would say in his gentle voice, Elegantally, ..Oh you silly Pagettes......... ;)

1966 - Bobby Graham/Jimmy Page Teensville......

That is a wonderful thought, PlanetPage. :D It gives me goosebumps just to think about. :D I can't wait for tonights to see what he will do for his 68th birthday tomorrow. :D

Thank also from me, LedZepfilm, for the video. I have it as DVD from Bobbie Gramham's DVD talking about Jimmy which is really nice and he shows that footage on that. Also when I saw it, I thought about how Olympic Studios is now no more.

01/09/2012

1912.jpg

I played the Albert Hall with Led Zeppelin

Every member of the band was nervous and for good reason. We had played the Albert Hall previously on the Pop Proms, but today in 1970 we were to headline our own show at the most prestigious venue at that time. During the previous year we had been putting in a lot of time in America and recorded the second album, released on 22nd October 1969. It was going to be a critical test of our ability; not only to our fans, but to the press and our families and all in attendance that evening. That evening I met Charlotte, my daughter Scarlet's mother.

Also on this day in 1969 was the first night at The Fillmore in San Fransisco; my birthday and an historic night for Led Zeppelin.

19121.jpg

19123.jpg

19124.jpg

1912setlist.jpg

1912review.jpg

http://youtu.be/wpe6k3FzCOo

.... Jimmy Page writes about RAH and not about his fucking birthday. Even the setlist was wrong.

Did you even scroll all the way down on this entry? He DOES mention his birthday, in the same sentence as we played SF Fillmore on this date in 1969!

I do find it funny on the Royal Hall setlist, that they don't list Since I've Been Loving You, but it's listed in the review of the show!

Did you even scroll all the way down on this entry? He DOES mention his birthday, in the same sentence as we played SF Fillmore on this date in 1969!

I do find it funny on the Royal Hall setlist, that they don't list Since I've Been Loving You, but it's listed in the review of the show!

Yes I did but I said it wouldn't surprise me if they webmasters didn't know, eesh.

I deleted that when I saw that it was there. And they forgot Thank You, and WIAWSNB is misplaced!

Archived