JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

...Tks AEN27 once again, There is every reason to love today's entry, Scripted in Bengali with deepest Respect to P. Ravi Shankar....One of Jimmy's priceless journies to the East, I am indebted to the Legendary Musician for sharing such beautiful details with us - he had somewhat mentioned this visit to India in '77 interview with Steve Rosen? and once or twice before; and more recently with Brad Tolenski in GuitarWorld...this is true essence of Jimmy Page...we have discussed this particular passion of Jimmy many times before... I think it is important to him when he says he was the only passenger getting off, I could only imagine Beautiful English Gentleman, James Patrick Page, Lost in Translation with Guitar in Hand, wandering about the roads of Bombay, Oh...the atmosphere would be HOT!!! absolutely stunning!!!

http://IMG_9170.jpg

Yes he did, PlanetPage. I remember. "The rest of the group went to San Franiscio. I arrived at 3 oclock in the morning at Bombay airport, just on my own.." I remember him saying it in his beautiful soft voice. I was actually just looking at this page from his book today. Thanks so much for the pictures at the Ravi's school. I can also imagine a beautiful Jimmy as he looked in 1967 getting off the plane...and getting help to take his special instruments back to London.

Yes he did, PlanetPage. I remember. "The rest of the group went to San Franiscio. I arrived at 3 oclock in the morning at Bombay airport, just on my own.." I remember him saying it in his beautiful soft voice. I was actually just looking at this page from his book today. Thanks so much for the pictures at the Ravi's school. I can also imagine a beautiful Jimmy as he looked in 1967 getting off the plane...and getting help to take his special instruments back to London.

....Thanks AEN27 for confirming this...You very welcome for the photos...I read this book...and it is an amazing journey of a Legendary Musician who has see the beginning of Century to Present day...

When I read this autobio of PR Shankar, I thought of Led Zeppelin, specificially John Bonham on the Road, touring...even though P.R. Shankar grew up in very strict orderly environment, he even stated that just how easy it is to succumb to "Road Life"......

The Kinnara School opened in July 1962 Officially..

...and AEN27, I could imagine "Little Jim" loading the big Tanpura/Sitar into a taxi (small I bet) to take it home.. what a sweet scene at the airport.... ;) ;)

....Feb. 5, Jimmy Page This Day Unavailable...

For the Record Zep are at the Plaza Hotel This Day - 1975/Feb. 5 .... Jimmy in his "Versailles Palace", and Bonham "as long there is Pool Table in his room...he could do without just about everything, including running water"... Richard Cole, STH, "Page 251...

...The Starship takes off next day to Great White North, Montreal...

....Thanks AEN27 for confirming this...You very welcome for the photos...I read this book...and it is an amazing journey of a Legendary Musician who has see the beginning of Century to Present day...

When I read this autobio of PR Shankar, I thought of Led Zeppelin, specificially John Bonham on the Road, touring...even though P.R. Shankar grew up in very strict orderly environment, he even stated that just how easy it is to succumb to "Road Life"......

The Kinnara School opened in July 1962 Officially..

...and AEN27, I could imagine "Little Jim" loading the big Tanpura/Sitar into a taxi (small I bet) to take it home.. what a sweet scene at the airport.... ;) ;)

You welcome, PlanetPage. It made a huge impression on me that he talked about it at all. His return would have made a very cute scene. :D

Gee Wiz I suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion. But do I really disagree with those that present Jimmy as some kind of living ghost or something just because he has a thing in his web site called "on this day" (I find that stuff almost tantamount to black propaganda). I actually think its really cool that hes sharing this stuff with us and some of the things I've actually never heard of before. I for one really appreciate it and will say keep it coming Jimmy! thanks.

I dont think that most fans who have the "Jimmy stuck in past" opinion mean any harm, I simply think their misguided (mostly by false data thats been put forth in the media over the years). IMO.

LOL Superstatic. Jimmy is not living in the past? Its the media? Haven't heard that one before! I do disagree. The man is the past, though a great past!!

I miss David... funniest person I've ever known. Here's some pics I've posted before from the session:

post-5-0-07626500-1328063086.jpg post-5-0-69471700-1328063086.jpg post-5-0-47849700-1328063087.jpg post-5-0-58975000-1328063088.jpg

Thank you for sharing the memories of your friend, Sam. From everything I've read about Lord Sutch he sounded like quite a character and a very lively man. Was this series of photos taken at the Mystic Studio? Do they date from the same time as that well-known photo of Jimmy and Lord Sutch on the roof of a building in Hollywood?

Thank you for your kindness,Steve.I've sent you an e-mail.

Thank you for your warm and gracious comment,MSG!Yes,we were very sorry that Jimmy didn't visit Nagasaki because of the great disaster,but I'm sure he will come to see Japanese fans again in the near future.I was really fascinated by Jimmy's outfits and I was sure again that he had been very thin and had a great style.Of course Charlotte's ones were also beautiful.I also love her native American dress.Though we don't understand it in the photo,the hem of the dress is asymmetry line.I think it is so cute.

It isn't permitted that we freely take pictures in the museum in Japan,so I could not get any photos inside the museum.I feel so sorry for it.

You're welcome, Alice. I hope that Jimmy and many of us who love Japan will have an opportunity to visit again soon.

I couldn't tell if Charlotte's Native American dress from Eric is an antique - but the turquoise and silver necklace and the pair of moccasins look authentic and antique (not reproductions) so I think the dress is an antique too. I don't know it was intentionally cut asymmetrically or if that was the way that the suede naturally stretched during the years.

....MSG and I spoke about the Architecture of British Era here is the cover photo of Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus)

commemmorating Queen Victoria...

http://chhatrapati-shivaji-terminus-station-mumbai-big.jpg

Link:

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/945

This was one of my favorite OTDs (although there have been many favorites). :) The sitar version of White Summer and his descriptions of his trip to India were wonderful...and so familiar. The flights we took to India in more recent years have arrived in the morning but years ago, as with Jimmy's, our first flight arrived in the middle of the night...and it was surreal. I don't remember the plane being sprayed with insecticide but at our hotel (where the Air India crew also stayed) our luggage and the halls were routinely dosed with something that looked and smelled like DDT.

That's a beautiful photo of the magnificent Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus. One of our favorite cities for viewing the gems of the Architecture of British Era was Kolkata/Calcutta.

AEN and PlanetPage, as always, thank you for the links.

http://MSGLZ.jpg

...and that you were so very beautiful, and that you live to tell today.....

Isn't that the truth? Good to be alive in 1975 and even better to be alive today.

My second to last LZ concert...a few days later it would be the last time I would ever see all four play together. But it was time to move on (sort of like a "To Sir with Love" moment). My best friend and concert-going sidekick was graduating early, leaving for college and Europe (and I would follow her the next year). The days of giggling girls, hair straighteners flashing about, hair dryers buzzing, music blaring, getting dolled up to go see the LZ guys were coming to a close...time to turn the page on that phase of our lives.

Isn't that the truth? Good to be alive in 1975 and even better to be alive today.

My second to last LZ concert...a few days later it would be the last time I would ever see all four play together. But it was time to move on (sort of like a "To Sir with Love" moment). My best friend and concert-going sidekick was graduating early, leaving for college and Europe (and I would follow her the next year). The days of giggling girls, hair straighteners flashing about, hair dryers buzzing, music blaring, getting dolled up to go see the LZ guys were coming to a close...time to turn the page on that phase of our lives.

Oh thank you for sharing, MSG! I think that was so lovely to learn. Delightful! :D

Jimmy is so sweet and gracious about tonight's. I remember being so hurt for him, but I am so happy he was credited.

Archived