JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Oh thank you for sharing, MSG! I think was so lovely to learn. Delightful! :D

Jimmy is so sweet and gracious about tonight's. I remember being so hurt for him, but I am so happy he was credited.

Thanks AEN27 as always, you are so kind to timely presentation....Indeed Jimmy always so honest and warm in his feelings.....I have come to understand his unique presentation of reality in every topic...I think he never "skims" around the edges of Truth, he dives into it in his unique trademark, very humble, warm, and most of all accepting - He remains to date, beloved and deeply respected Artist....always will be...

Isn't that the truth? Good to be alive in 1975 and even better to be alive today.

My second to last LZ concert...a few days later it would be the last time I would ever see all four play together. But it was time to move on (sort of like a "To Sir with Love" moment). My best friend and concert-going sidekick was graduating early, leaving for college and Europe (and I would follow her the next year). The days of giggling girls, hair straighteners flashing about, hair dryers buzzing, music blaring, getting dolled up to go see the LZ guys were coming to a close...time to turn the page on that phase of our lives.

...Indeed MSG - how fortunate we all are after all of the decades we all still part of each other's lives...God Bless James Patrick Page - his beauty and charm still makes this world more beautiful...

..Thanks for sharing your legacy with Led Zeppelin...it is true we move on, we all had to at various stages....and I picked up Zep where you left off late '74-early '75 I remember going to stores with my friends and looking at Jimmy/Robert's photos (barely able to read English, but I was beginning to understand how the Entertainment Rock Groups work in this part of the world (I never thought people could sing their own songs, limiiting only to films in Indian Cinema, so it took a while for me to understand just what Led Zeppelin was, a group of people who could actually sing their own songs) (as you already know from your travels, a song in Indian FIlm Industry goes through several transitions to final composition...

...'77 remains my most cherrished year... 1st year of High School, Zeppelin so Popular, unbelievable......and Bonham's passing (which I still remember hearing the news, and realizing in my heart to be very sad and frightening, and made me wonder about myself, the young people and my complicated cultural surroundings - after this in the early eighties, it was time to move on to New CIty and College...

...and MSG, Do I ever remember the strong dangerous fumes of DDT Spraying in our neighbourhoods in early 70's in India...who would think it was dangerous...it was just accepted order from Government, no protests...LOL!!!

Sun Studios is an amazing place. I visited there back in January, 2005. Unbelievable, the music that has been created there. Even got to grab one of those old mike stands in the actual studio and have a little fun. :thumbsup::elvis2: Take the tour if you ever get down to this part of the U.S. Very informative and a lot of fun! :D

The only problem is that Led Zeppelin did not play Memphis in 1969. The keys to the city were given to Led Zeppelin in April 1970 (the mayor signed the certificate on April 6th, and the band played the gig on April 17, 1970):

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/AlbumZeppelin/70-04-17keystocitya.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/AlbumZeppelin/70-04-17keystocityb.jpg

As for driving to Miami right after receiving keys to the city, that's incorrect since they performed in Phoenix the day after the Memphis show.

Reasons why I'm pretty confident they did not play Memphis in 1969:

- After the first song of the evening on April 17, 1970, Plant says: "We've waited for a long time to come to Memphis, ever since we were born I think."

- The kind people at the Memphis library did some major research for me. They reviewed underground newspapers, college newspapers, and other Memphis newspapers and came up completely empty.

The only problem is that Led Zeppelin did not play Memphis in 1969. The keys to the city were given to Led Zeppelin in April 1970 (the mayor signed the certificate on April 6th, and the band played the gig on April 17, 1970):

http://i15.photobuck...keystocitya.jpg

http://i15.photobuck...keystocityb.jpg

As for driving to Miami right after receiving keys to the city, that's incorrect since they performed in Phoenix the day after the Memphis show.

Reasons why I'm pretty confident they did not play Memphis in 1969:

- After the first song of the evening on April 17, 1970, Plant says: "We've waited for a long time to come to Memphis, ever since we were born I think."

- The kind people at the Memphis library did some major research for me. They reviewed underground newspapers, college newspapers, and other Memphis newspapers and came up completely empty.

...tks for this info......

^^^^^Then why does the website show that the dates that Jimmy are referring to are correct? http://www.ledzeppel...m/timeline/1969

Probably because a Memphis 1969 date had been listed in tour itineraries for the past 25 years - not that there's been any evidence so suggest a gig was played. The only thing remotely close to "evidence" is a reference to a potential Memphis gig in a Boston After Dark (Feb. 5. 1969) article: "From Boston, the L.Z. goes to the Fillmore East, Toronto, Chicago, (would you believe) Memphis and a closing date in Miami."

Plant's remarks in the 1970 show would seem to indicate a 1969 gig was not played. I also find it hard to believe that were wasn't a single ad or listing for the gig in any underground, college, or "standard" Memphis newspaper (and, according to the library researchers, there were plenty of other concert listings). One thing is absolutely sure - the band received the keys to Memphis in 1970 and NOT 1969 (the image I posted was signed on April 6, 1970, and the concert was played on April 17, 1970).

http://BombayFeb13.jpg

....NEW FOOTAGE TODAY FROM JAMES PATRICK PAGE: (in addition to one existing previously from last year)

http://www.jimmypage.com/

From Richard Cole Staiway to Heaven...Page 174;

In early Februrary I joined Led Zeppelin for the flight to Australia......The Plane made a stopver to Bombay, where we had arranged in advance for a break in our trip - the chance to unwind for a few days before resuming the journey to Australia...

it was a blessing just to get off the plane...In Bombay we called Mr. Razark, who drove us to a beach where we rode camels for an entire afternoon......He also took us to a music store where John Paul bought a beautiful set of drums...

(the drum set taken away by Australian Airport due to animal skin, later)

Archived