JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Today's entry is the collaboration with Puff Daddy which was released on this day in 1998. Is this accurate as the movie "Godzilla", which the song came from was released on May 20th of that year? Perhaps someone can look into this?

2080898.jpg

• 10080898.jpg
  • 1080898.jpg
  • jp000981bbb.jpg

On this day… 08 Aug 1998

'Come with Me' which I recorded with Puff Daddy is released

I recorded my guitar at CTS Studio in Wembley, London via an ISDN line to Sean Combs at the Record Plant in LA and a video link between the two venues. After the guitar recording a director was on hand to film my part of what was to become the promo video for the song. I was working to a blue screen on this and I thought they did a clever job the way they included the performance in the final cut.

I wore a Raf Simmons jacket and a snakeskin print shirt that 'Mr.Daddy' had made positive remarks about during the link up! This was a fun project to be involved with. When the recordings were completed at CTS, Diddy said he was off to overdub the orchestra on it.

These photographs were taken at Daddy's House Studio in New York City. This was the first time for me to hear the final mix. He had clearly applied a lot of imagination to this and he'd done a really good job.

Today's entry is the collaboration with Puff Daddy which was released on this day in 1998. Is this accurate as the movie "Godzilla", which the song came from was released on May 20th of that year? Perhaps someone can look into this?

It's beyond inaccurate.

Page & Puff Daddy performed the song on "Saturday Night Live" 5/9/98.

The soundtrack album was released 5/19/98.

The film was released 5/20/98.

The single was released 6/9/98.

The single peaked at #2 on the Billboard chart on 7/25/98.

The remix maxi-single was released 7/28/98.

Oh, and JIMMY'S OWN WEBSITE lists the song's release date as 7/28/98!!

In summary, "August 8, 1998" does not correspond to ANY significant date in the history of the song "Come With Me".

It's starting to get embarrassing.

It's beyond inaccurate.

Page & Puff Daddy performed the song on "Saturday Night Live" 5/9/98.

The soundtrack album was released 5/19/98.

The film was released 5/20/98.

The single was released 6/9/98.

The single peaked at #2 on the Billboard chart on 7/25/98.

The remix maxi-single was released 7/28/98.

Oh, and JIMMY'S OWN WEBSITE lists the song's release date as 7/28/98!!

In summary, "August 8, 1998" does not correspond to ANY significant date in the history of the song "Come With Me".

It's starting to get embarrassing.

:slapface:

Agreed. I can add to this that Jimmy's recording session at CTS Studios (located adjacent to Wembley Arena) was held February 14, 1998.

1090894.jpg2a.jpg

On this day… 09 Aug 1994

I played with Robert Plant in Marrakech, Morocco

Part of the early stages of the Unledded project involved some field recording in Morocco, echoing the musical footsteps of Alan Lomax. Just outside Marrakech, in a 13th Century courtyard, we filmed with the Gnawa musicians and the Berber tribeswomen. The sedate Gnawa were uncomfortable around the Berber tribeswomen's fierce music - it felt like the women could have eaten the Gnawa alive. It was a bit like mixing oil and water in a musical sense, definitely something that all of us would be unlikely to experience again.

3a.jpg4a.jpg

Video link wasn't working for me, but here it is on YT:

Thanks aen27 and Ledzepfilm for posting these today. "Wah Wah is probably my favorite of the original material off the "Unledded" album. One of the few videos Jimmy has posted so far. Mostly audio so far. Waiting with baited breath for some Zep audio and video clips. We can only hope. We'll see.

The link on Jimmy's site didn't work for me either. Don't know why, but since others had same problem, another miscue on the new web site. :(

This could be interesting. It's just about how you go upon doing it, whether you use a site of post it on here some how with good graphics on a world map.

I think all details should be included with countries, cities, venues, dates, personnel, event etc.

Archived