JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

03/02/2012

3212.jpg

3212box.jpg

3212hipflask.jpg

..here is link to our Official Site discussion from fans and Interview from Bulgaria - Page/Plant:

http://forums.ledzep...interview-%231/

...and this recollection :

In Bulgaria with Led Zeppelin, feral dogs, and wrestling thugs....

http://thehecklist.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/in-bulgaria-with-led-zeppelin-feral-dogs-and-wrestling-thugs/

In ref to todays pic of the boys, in connection to the John Peel session. I've seen a serious amount of Zep photos in my time, but I don't think I've ever seen this one before. Has anyone else clocked this one previously ? If so, can you name the book it appears in, if indeed it does ? Was it taken at the Playhouse session ?

In ref to todays pic of the boys, in connection to the John Peel session. I've seen a serious amount of Zep photos in my time, but I don't think I've ever seen this one before. Has anyone else clocked this one previously ? If so, can you name the book it appears in, if indeed it does ? Was it taken at the Playhouse session ?

This photo is actually not that rare and has been around for quite a long time. Here's a full, uncropped version of it:

th_tumblr_l9dl4pRfP21qbgaydo1_1280.jpg

This photo is definitely from the March 3, 1969 Playhouse Theatre session. The ornate background fixture is from the Playhouse Theatre.

Mar. 4''12

http://MemphisPP.jpg

TEXT:

Did not get the keys to city, did not have to slip out of town, did not gain entry to Graceland but did play a great show in the memory of Elvis Presley, Scotty Moore, Bill Black and D.J. Fontana.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

SETLIST

Voyage Of Bran

Immigrant Song/The Wanton Song

Bring It On Home

Celebration Day

Thank You

Dancing Days

Shake My Tree

Lullaby

No Quarter

Wonderful One

Hey Hey What Can I Do

Gallows Pole

Hurdy Gurdy Solo

Nobody's Fault But Mine

The Song Remains The Same

Since I've Been Loving You

Friends

Calling To You

Four Sticks

In The Evening

Black Dog

Kashmir

AUDIO: My Baby Left Me (Elvis Presley)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0wfGbWrPFc

Didn't see anything for OTD for March 4th. The usual apology and picture of Jimmy. Checked last night and this morning. Perhaps it came up late with the Memphis '95 feature. Great city as I've been there back in 2005. Stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel in the Graceland Suite. It was unbelievable and totally Elvis. Seven TVs in the room and a mini waterfall to resemble the one of the Jungle Room. A great experience, if you have a few friends with you to keep the price down. One of the better themed hotels I've stayed at. Not much for the rest of the hotel as far as amenities, bar, restaurants etc. The themed suites are good, but can't say much for the rest.

"On this Day" is the best part of the site....how about some rare live releases or some new stuff released via this website! Just dont make the FLAC versions unavailable in the USA sans the Stones Archive site!

I guess Jimmy wasn't crazy to say the least about "Goodnight Sweet Josephine". Not a great song for me either, but great innovative guitar work by Jimmy. Ahead of his time as usual. His playing is great...the song isn't. Not awful, but fun.

03/06/2012

3612.jpg

3612a.jpg

...according to the Official Site of Saturday Club, the Yardbirds appeard on Episode 493, which aired on March 16, 1968 (of pre-recorded live performances)

Link to the Official site of vintage Saturday Club....

http://www.epguides.com/saturdayclub/

aired from: Oct 1958

to: Jan 1969 536 eps

Episode: 493 03/16/1968 ....The Spencer Davis Group, The Yardbirds, Lemon Tree, The Dalys with The Des Champs Orchestra

"Saturday Club was a pop music programme which started life as Saturday "Skiffle" club in 1957 hosted by Brian Matthew and produced by Jimmy Grant. The Skiffle part was eventually dropped to become Saturday Club opened by the familiar Saturday Club theme music "Saturday Jump" The programme was broadcast from 10am to 12noon Saturday mornings on the BBC Light Programme from Oct 4th 1958 to Sept 23rd 1967 then BBC Radio2 from Sept 30th 1967 to Jan 18th 1969. The show consisted mainly of "live" pre recorded performances by artists and bands of the time as there were restrictions on the amounts of "Needle Time" (record playing) at that time."

Links:

http://www.saturdayclub.info/

Didn't see anything for OTD for March 4th. The usual apology and picture of Jimmy. Checked last night and this morning. Perhaps it came up late with the Memphis '95 feature. Great city as I've been there back in 2005. Stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel in the Graceland Suite. It was unbelievable and totally Elvis. Seven TVs in the room and a mini waterfall to resemble the one of the Jungle Room. A great experience, if you have a few friends with you to keep the price down. One of the better themed hotels I've stayed at. Not much for the rest of the hotel as far as amenities, bar, restaurants etc. The themed suites are good, but can't say much for the rest.

....How beautiful to experience Elvis....I would like to same;

as for Page/Plant dedicating the '95 show to Elvis, among others, the 1970 show was also dedicated to Elvis by Robert when they got the "Keys" to the City....it's a long endless love affair with charm of Evergreen and Handsome Elvis Preseley...

03/07/2012

3712.jpg

3712setlist.jpg

.....Phillpe Paringaux/ Paris Jounalist Inteview mentioned In this Day...I found the last part of said interview'70 in French Forum link below:..I translated by means of Internet...

Discussion on the posted picture above...

http://lpzep9.free.f...c.php?f=1&t=117

What is amazing about this picture is that the audience is squarely on the scene, as if they were attending a snooze with friends! No barrier, no security guards, not onstage ...

....And I can not resist the pleasure to recopy the end of this article 36 years old. It gives an idea of ​​the emphasis (and length of sentences ...) rock journalists (by Philippe Paringaux) time, when this music was still an affair initiated by us, despite record sales of comfortable especially the first album and II who passed around in spring 70:

...............................................Interview:

"... Led Zeppelin has electrified blues (and rock as well, since the final quarter of an hour was devoted to a medley of old themes hurled against the rock scene with a wild-eyed crowd and made to kneel in prayer, one of the worshipers of the god page) to the bottom of his old bones and does something else, a language so different from what it originally was that the question of authenticity does not even arise. What was human became mechanical, but this particular machine has a pretty terrifying power of those to whom it speaks, comparable only to that of another set that does not make sense, the Iron Butterfly (already the name ... ): the power to make its listeners giddy sense of the term. Page, who I asked after the show what he thought, looked surprised, as if this problem he had never occurred to me, as if it was not surprising to see a boy of fifteen years to roll to his feet and worship, pray. Pray for Jimmy Page! The latter he had he put his boot in the face, the kid would have said thank you and licked the blood from his lips touched by God. "It feels fantastic to make people so happy," he said. Happy? Perhaps, after all ...

Led Zeppelin was huge and ominous, as the red sky projectors, crackling furnace in which the gods were twisted-puppets of the great decline. "

Phillipe Paringaux Photo/Publishing...

http://bd.casterman....ail.cfm?id=3200

..and The All Time Classic From Jimmy....this day...

Archived