JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Well, I now know a bit more about this date. So the show being hosted by Michael Wale, as a last minute replacement for the Flying Burrito Brothers is false. Anyway, I've seen one of Tony's films from this time period before 'All My Loving' (which is a good representation of what the music industry was like at the time).

Too bad the episode of Led Zeppelin no longer exists, according to this site Communication Breakdown aired the same day they performed, which is unusual: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2087217/ The show probably wasn't successful as a result of this, after all it was a pilot program.

Well, I now know a bit more about this date. So the show being hosted by Michael Wale, as a last minute replacement for the Flying Burrito Brothers is false. Anyway, I've seen one of Tony's films from this time period before 'All My Loving' (which is a good representation of what the music industry was like at the time).

Too bad the episode of Led Zeppelin no longer exists, according to this site Communication Breakdown aired the same day they performed, which is unusual: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2087217/ The show probably wasn't successful as a result of this, after all it was a pilot program.

Woops now I see how this worked, it was a pilot for an arts discussion program directed by Tony Palmer and the show was hosted by Michael Wale, as a last minute replacement for the Flying Burrito Brother.

Crackback is badass, I was pretty thrilled to hear Page and Jones dig into a riff like that after all those years...

It's my favorite post-Zeppelin song from any of them. It also gives some sort of insight what could have been had Bonham, Jones, & Page released something after the o2.

Thank you, AEN! I love this and I can tell that Mr. MSG will love this even more than I.

PlanetPage, it reminds me somewhat of an electrified version of the kind of music that Pandit Ravi Shankar would play when we used to go to his concerts at Occidental College and other venues. This sort of trance-like meditative droning is that kind of sound that he and his trio would produce - it seemed to go on for hours (and often did as the concerts extended into the wee hours of the morning as people sat meditating at his feet). Don't give up on Page - you have another shot at it on Thursday and he may yet grace your premises.

....MSG and AEN, indeed My premises are graced by James Patrick Page afterall...

I finally purchased the Standard Edition (if nothing else, I still have my 70's Turntable, I will purchase a turntable no problem, I can also play my Classic Bombay FIlm Music from the 70's...we still have few vinyls intact, ....and including the B52's)

They did send me email but I was at work and even there was not able to focus right away...it was sold out when I did check after few hours...

I am content - I truly love all the music...This is Page, as I idolized him along with all of you...

Is there any audio source from this gig today on his site?

I think Jimmy's post today could be translated ," went to a club had a few beers, the rest is a bit hazy but I might have jammed with a band...could

anyone help out."!

03/23/2012

32312.jpg

Jimmy did jam with The Reputations at The China Club in New York on this day for about half an hour; one song was 'Further On Up The Road'. So far as I know there's no recordings in circulation. Two nights later (March 25th) he, Steve Howe, & Brian May jammed with Les Paul during his regular Monday-night stint at Fat Tuesday's.

Jimmy did jam with The Reputations at The China Club in New York on this day for about half an hour; one song was 'Further On Up The Road'. So far as I know there's no recordings in circulation. Two nights later (March 25th) he, Steve Howe, & Brian May jammed with Les Paul during his regular Monday-night stint at Fat Tuesday's.

Steve, are there any pictures or recordings of the gig with Les Paul that you reference? I have his blues jam for Les Paul's birthday in '87 (I think), and I've always wondered how many other occasions he stopped by one of Les's Monday night gigs. I was lucky enough to go to a few of them between the late 90's and Les's last year, what a treat.

Steve, are there any pictures or recordings of the gig with Les Paul that you reference? I have his blues jam for Les Paul's birthday in '87 (I think), and I've always wondered how many other occasions he stopped by one of Les's Monday night gigs. I was lucky enough to go to a few of them between the late 90's and Les's last year, what a treat.

No photos or recordings from the Page/Howe/May jam with Les Paul come to mind. So far as I know Jimmy didn't attend any of Les' other Monday night gigs through the years but it is possible. Jimmy actually performed during two Les Paul birthday celebrations in '87, the first at Fat Tuesday's on Mon, June 8th (with his wife Patricia, Jeff Beck, Rick Derringer, Al Di Meola and Nile Rodgers attending) and the second on June 9th - Les' actual birthdate - at the Hard Rock Cafe on 57th Street. That party was hosted by Gibson Guitars...Jimmy attended with Patricia... they were seated with Jeff Beck & his blonde friend, Phil Carson and his brunette friend…Jimmy got up and jammed with Les Paul and Al DiMeola.

24 Mar'12

http://RSJP.jpg

On Tue, July 16th 1985 (just days after Live Aid) Jimmy, Keith & Ronnie jammed all night at RPM Studios in NYC. The next day Jimmy recorded his overdubs for 'One Hit to The Body'. The Stones weren't getting on very well amongst themselves during the 'Dirty Work' sessions so musician friends were often invited in to help ease the tensions.

No photos or recordings from the Page/Howe/May jam with Les Paul come to mind. So far as I know Jimmy didn't attend any of Les' other Monday night gigs through the years but it is possible. Jimmy actually performed during two Les Paul birthday celebrations in '87, the first at Fat Tuesday's on Mon, June 8th (with his wife Patricia, Jeff Beck, Rick Derringer, Al Di Meola and Nile Rodgers attending) and the second on June 9th - Les' actual birthdate - at the Hard Rock Cafe on 57th Street. That party was hosted by Gibson Guitars...Jimmy attended with Patricia... they were seated with Jeff Beck & his blonde friend, Phil Carson and his brunette friend…Jimmy got up and jammed with Les Paul and Al DiMeola.

Thanks for the detail Steve. I have the one from Fat Tuesday, I've never heard the one with DiMeola, is it in circulation?

Thanks for the detail Steve. I have the one from Fat Tuesday, I've never heard the one with DiMeola, is it in circulation?

I don't have a recording but one probably exists given this particular event was covered by the media and publicized in advance.

03/25/2012

32512.jpg

What a disappointing OtD...they really phoned it in on this one. I've got so many vivid memories of this gig I don't know where to begin, let alone end. I remember a black London taxi pulling up to the curb out front and Charlie Jones stepping out and walking unnoticed into the artist's entrance. I remember the ticket touts asking for and getting more than 110 quid a ticket as those already queing watched their breath rise into the chilly, foggy night. You could definitely feel the electricity in the air, this being their first UK

gig since 1995. The performance was spirited and very well received. Easily among the top 5 gigs I've ever witnessed.

What a disappointing OtD...they really phoned it in on this one. I've got so many vivid memories of this gig I don't know where to begin, let alone end. I remember a black London taxi pulling up to the curb out front and Charlie Jones stepping out and walking unnoticed into the artist's entrance. I remember the ticket touts asking for and getting more than 110 quid a ticket as those already queing watched their breath rise into the chilly, foggy night. You could definitely feel the electricity in the air, this being their first UK

gig since 1995. The performance was spirited and very well received. Easily among the top 5 gigs I've ever witnessed.

So, which was it, "phoned in" or "among the top 5 gigs" you've ever witnessed?

Archived