JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Thank you PlanetPage for saving these while all of us while I can't do so this week. I have loved them all.

That he talked about Alister Crowley on Easter :D A special one just for the 'stormtrooper' out, that he can't remember everything from so long ago from the Toby Jug one and this most recent one.. I loved what he said about Paul at the end. That was so lovely. :D

...thanks for your attentiveness as always AEN; How sweet of him to be just so natural and gentle, and the mystery surrounding his other comments felt like I travelled back to the 70's time-machine for a moment or two...He was/is very mysterious, very much so, as stated so many times...I remember this aspect of his imagery/personality very much in the Press/Mag's...and he did look so hot of course!!!

...and love tonight's Dancing Days...so many songs to remember, so many memories of those special years personally for me....

...it was truly magikal...

...thanks for your attentiveness as always AEN; How sweet of him to be just so natural and gentle, and the mystery surrounding his other comments felt like I travelled back to the 70's time-machine for a moment or two...He was/is very mysterious, very much so, as stated so many times...I remember this aspect of his imagery/personality very much in the Press/Mag's...and he did look so hot of course!!!

...and love tonight's Dancing Days...so many songs to remember, so many memories of those special years personally for me....

...it was truly magikal...

I will the same way PlanetPage, though I was very young when Jimmy was in his 20s and 30s. I loved that he did one for Dancing Days. I loved it too. I just recieved my LR album yesterday and reading his liner note, he is so sweet and I am so honared he has allowed us to see into his world. He is truely magikal. :D

And it also just makes me want more. :D

I will the same way PlanetPage, though I was very young when Jimmy was in his 20s and 30s. I loved that he did one for Dancing Days. I loved it too. I just recieved my LR album yesterday and reading his liner note, he is so sweet and I am so honared he has allowed us to see into his world. He is truely magikal. :D

And it also just makes me want more. :D

...happy for you...I must update myself on my order, track it, I suppose, as I have not received it yet, I hope I didn't miss it due to work/schedue...

...and yes those youthful years truly were "Dancing Days"...I have narrowed at least three songs from Bombay/Film Industry which could be possible inspiration as these songs were Superhit in India and those songs like Led Zeppelin's songs are now blueprint for future gen's....

...AEN, I must track down my order, bit concerned..

8th apr'12

http://CarioJP.jpg

...some add. video:

Thank you for saving all of these OTDs and for including the added information, PlanetPage. I have so much to catch up on, I hope to be back tomorrow. This OTD that you've shared here was, naturally, very interesting for me to read. Not just because Jimmy made the journey to Cairo on the centenary of Alestair Crowley's channeling "The Book of Law" but because Jimmy chose to share it with us during the Thelemic High Holy Season.

Nuit Night. "I am the blue-lidded daughter of Sunset; I am the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night-sky. The Goddess Nuit" Temple of Dendera

1hquyg.jpg

Jimmy's OTD coincided with the Western Easter but Eastern Orthodox Easter (the religion in which I was raised) was being celebrated in Egypt when Crowley was there and I've wondered if Crowley observed the Eastern Orthodox Easter mass and it later influenced him when he wrote the Gnostic Mass (which to me looked familiar, with some similarities to the Eastern Orthodox mass).

Thanks again, PlanetPage.

Thank you for saving all of these OTDs and for including the added information, PlanetPage. I have so much to catch up on, I hope to be back tomorrow. This OTD that you've shared here was, naturally, very interesting for me to read. Not just because Jimmy made the journey to Cairo on the centenary of Alestair Crowley's channeling "The Book of Law" but because Jimmy chose to share it with us during the Thelemic High Holy Season.

Nuit Night. "I am the blue-lidded daughter of Sunset; I am the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night-sky. The Goddess Nuit" Temple of Dendera

1hquyg.jpg

Jimmy's OTD coincided with the Western Easter but Eastern Orthodox Easter (the religion in which I was raised) was being celebrated in Egypt when Crowley was there and I've wondered if Crowley observed the Eastern Orthodox Easter mass and it later influenced him when he wrote the Gnostic Mass (which to me looked familiar, with some similarities to the Eastern Orthodox mass).

Thanks again, PlanetPage.

MSG thanks for that additional detail, I looked into this and there apppears to be a similar speculation elsewhere on various sourcers on the internet as you say it here. The Eastern Orthodox Church in Egypt dates back to 1904 from what I could gather...interesting that Crowley was perhaps observing...

Oh my, I didn't connect that it was the same Micky Finn from T.Rex - he was gorgeous. It's hard to recognize him in the old photo on Jimmy's web site.

That's really, really cool that JP owns a Cochran/Holly guitar. Imagine the mojo on that thang!

Oh my, I didn't connect that it was the same Micky Finn from T.Rex - he was gorgeous. It's hard to recognize him in the old photo on Jimmy's web site.

That's really, really cool that JP owns a Cochran/Holly guitar. Imagine the mojo on that thang!

I reconignzed the song from It Might Get Loud. I loved getting to hear it all. It was so sweet his tribute to Eddie Cochran.

I am so happy to be able to back on line again.

17 apr/12

http://bluemenJP.jpg

audio:

...this is the 2nd entry, the First Entry is here 12 March 1963 This Day... Post #2142 few pages back...

http://forums.ledzep.../page__st__2140

Alleged Commet from Mike Stannard..."Jimmy Page played ONLY Blues Harp on few of our records..."

....http://www.myspace.com/finneymick/blog/488454931

...In this rare long Radio Interview Page verbally states... Left N. Christian when I was about Seventeen, went to **art college for 18 months.."".

starts on 3:47 min...

...many conflicting theories as to just what was the time period for our Beloved Musician for Art School? (much discussion on this in Mystery Thread also)

Sutton Art College it was, from my knowledge...

**corrected for audio/clarity**

I reconignzed the song from It Might Get Loud. I loved getting to hear it all. It was so sweet his tribute to Eddie Cochran.

I am so happy to be able to back on line again.

...AEN welcome back so very nice to be part of your company..

:toast:

Archived