Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
SteveAJones

JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

...AEN welcome back so very nice to be part of your company..

:toast:

Thank you, PlanetPage!!! :D :D

A bit of further information relating to the OTD for 17 April 2012:-

Source: www.Wikipedia.co.uk

Mickey Finn or occasionally Micky Finn (born Michael Norman Finn, 3 June 1947 — 11 January 2003)[1] was the percussionist and sideman to Marc Bolan

Different guy. Jimmy never played with the percussionist named Mickey Finn (as far as I know).

..Eddie Cochran C'mon Everybody...

Jimmy Page...

"The guitarist reveals that he considers one of his instruments to be his most prized possessions. "I have an Eddie Cochran guitar and it started off not his guitar, but Buddy Holly's," he said."

http://www.boldsky.c...ion-260609.html

Probably a Strat.

04/21/2012

42112.jpg

I'm surprised he didn't mention the album had been titled Most High, but changed to Walking Into Clarksdale just prior to release. Unfortunately the album cover wasn't changed...I've always found it as dull as the Most High promo video. A stong collection of songs doomed by Steve Albini, IMHO.

Edited by SteveAJones

Hmm...first ever documented live performance of Livin' Lovin' Maid...?

Many shows are either unheard or incomplete and rare songs are likely to be hoarded for $$$$ IF there are recordings of them, so it isn't that unlikely. Same with other songs "not known" to have been performed.

04/24/2012

42412.jpg

Jimmy Page from Circus Magazine...

"I can tell you when I knew we'd broken through, which was at San Francisco, there were other gigs like the Boston Tea Party, Kinetic Circus in Chicago which has unfortunately disappeared as venues, where the response was so incredible we'd knew we made our impression....but after the San Francisco Gig it was just ....Bang!"

Source Link w/ add. articles on Ten Years After/Led Zeppelin

http://www.alvinlee.de/1969.htm

Additional Audio/Info. Filmore San Francisco

http://www.ledzeppelinguitar.com/concerts/live-at-fillmore-west-04-27-69.html

^ Fast!! biggrin.gif

Here is the page as it looks 8/23/11

82311.jpg

Audio Promo/YB 93 KHJ LA for this show... (The Very Beautiful James Patrick Page "Only" for $10 Dollars, U.S.) ;) ;)

Edited by PlanetPage

04/27/2012

42712.jpg

Great picture, disappointing commentary for this entry! Would have loved to see Jimmy comment on the Destroyer soundboard bootleg that might be one of the biggest live unauthorized Zep releases this side of Blueberry Hill!

Maybe tomorrow Jimmy, do the 2nd Cleveland show on this day, and comment that the bootleggers should have gotten the soundboard for the 2nd Cleveland night instead of the 1st Cleveland night, as it's been widely reported to have been a better show than the 1st Cleveland '77 show!

04/27/2012

42712.jpg

Synchronicity in Cincinnatti...not. April 20 1985 is The Firm's Cleveland date.

Coincidence In Cleveland...not. April 27 1985 is The Firm's Cincinnati date.

Other than that, great job jp.com. icon_rolleyes.gif

Edited by SteveAJones