JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Other than that, great job jp.com. icon_rolleyes.gif

saj,

The thing that bewilders me about the mistakes in the OTD feature, is that his daughter and son-in-law are supposed to be on board with this project. Surely they have a vested interest in getting details right? Makowski also has a connection to JP's management company.

saj,

The thing that bewilders me about the mistakes in the OTD feature, is that his daughter and son-in-law are supposed to be on board with this project. Surely they have a vested interest in getting details right? Makowski also has a connection to JP's management company.

Tom Brown & Pete Makowski served as memory joggers and Scarlet contributed some photos. All the OtD features were hashed out some time ago. Given the life span of each is meant to be 24 hrs there doesn't seem to have been much concern for accuracy.

One of the co-admins of FBO The Led Zeppelin Mailing List claimed he was contacted by the site administrators this week to further discuss the site's inaccuracies and horror stories stemming from the slip-shod processing & shipping of the jp.com vinyl releases. It

remains to be seen if this outreach will lead to any substantive improvements.

Tom Brown & Pete Makowski served as memory joggers and Scarlet contributed some photos. All the OtD features were hashed out some time ago. Given the life span of each is meant to be 24 hrs there doesn't seem to have been much concern for accuracy.

One of the co-admins of FBO The Led Zeppelin Mailing List claimed he was contacted by the site administrators this week to further discuss the site's inaccuracies and horror stories stemming from the slip-shod processing & shipping of the jp.com vinyl releases. It

remains to be seen if this outreach will lead to any substantive improvements.

Thanks for that. I said from the start of the OTD feature that you were the ideal person for them to consult with. It is long overdue for you to get proper recognition. You share your archive willingly with the members on this site, and you ensure that the info in your postings is as accurate as can be. :wall:

Thanks for that. I said from the start of the OTD feature that you were the ideal person for them to consult with. It is long overdue for you to get proper recognition. You share your archive willingly with the members on this site, and you ensure that the info in your postings is as accurate as can be. :wall:

Seeking neither acceptance nor recognition, though as a presence I like to be felt. In the end it's all just dust and dreams, as are we.

I agree with kenog- jimmypage.com really needs someone who is knowledgable, detail-oriented and has an extensive archive of Page history to help with the OTD feature- and my vote also goes to SteveAJones.

I"m wondering though what will happen with OTD when the first year is up- will there be repeats of last year's segments, new ones or the elimination of OTD altogether, possibly replaced by a different feature?

I agree with kenog- jimmypage.com really needs someone who is knowledgable, detail-oriented and has an extensive archive of Page history to help with the OTD feature- and my vote also goes to SteveAJones.

I"m wondering though what will happen with OTD when the first year is up- will there be repeats of last year's segments, new ones or the elimination of OTD altogether, possibly replaced by a different feature?

I'm happy to accept it for what it is, Jimmy reminiscing. It doesn't bother me that there are small errors. All worth it for the occassional gem he drops.

I'm happy to accept it for what it is, Jimmy reminiscing. It doesn't bother me that there are small errors. All worth it for the occassional gem he drops.

I agree, tyler19. It's the closest thing I think he'll get to an autobiography.

Given they've been archived here and elsewhere online it seems to me repetition would be pointless.

The wedding was held at St. Mary's Parish Church in Stone, England (near Kidderminster). The Heath Hotel in Bewdley hosted the reception, during which Jason joined them for five songs.

I don't think Jimmy is writing the segments - the wording on this one is a bit strange - 'wedded?'; 'to suitably celebrate?'. I am also cynical about JPP using his son-in-law, Tom Brown, for the JimmyPage.com site and for the research on his photographic book. I somehow doubt that Brown had much LZ knowledge prior to meeting Scarlet Page. It would have been best for both projects to stick to either you or our Webmaster, Sam Rapallo, for input.

I don't think Jimmy is writing the segments - the wording on this one is a bit strange - 'wedded?'; 'to suitably celebrate?'. I am also cynical about JPP using his son-in-law, Tom Brown, for the JimmyPage.com site and for the research on his photographic book. I somehow doubt that Brown had much LZ knowledge prior to meeting Scarlet Page. It would have been best for both projects to stick to either you or our Webmaster, Sam Rapallo, for input.

Jimmy's definitely not writing all of them (remember "muse flat"..."Alexis Corner"...?). As for Tom Brown, he as well as Scarlet is a photographer and the evidence suggests whatever level of Zep knowledge he brought to the jp.com project was deemed sufficient.

I'm sure everyone involved are good people, I'm not so sure the website & limited edition vinyl offerings are helping Jimmy's legacy.

05/01/2012

5112.jpg

On this day… 01 May 1971

Roy Harper released his album 'Stormcock'

The stormcock, being the only bird reputed to sing through a raging storm. I played on a track called ‘The Same Old Rock’. The engineer was John Leckie. I vividly remember Roy playing this song to me for the first time and it was an heroic epic of Roy proportions. I’ve always been happy with my contribution to Roy’s remarkable work. On the credits of this album, Roy gave me the pseudonym 'S. Flavius Mercurius'!

http://youtu.be/KlBr1eVYq90

Jimmy's definitely not writing all of them (remember "muse flat"..."Alexis Corner"...?). As for Tom Brown, he as well as Scarlet is a photographer and the evidence suggests whatever level of Zep knowledge he brought to the jp.com project was deemed sufficient.

I'm sure everyone involved are good people, I'm not so sure the website & limited edition vinyl offerings are helping Jimmy's legacy.

In the past I have agreed and dis-agreed with Steve on many Zep related topics and opinions.

However his statement here - "I'm sure everyone involved are good people, I'm not so sure the website & limited edition vinyl offerings are helping Jimmy's legacy."

is absolutely spot on!

No Steve, the web site and the L.E. Vinyl are most definitely NOT helping Jimmy's legacy and in fact they are puzzling and only serve to cloud the man and his

body of masterpieces to this point in Time.

So, well said Steve, well said.

30 apr/12

http://LoneStarJP.jpg

Although I did enjoy this Jimmy submission for this day, I would have really enjoyed the OTD if Jimmy would have commented on the record setting attended Detroit '77 April 30 show.

I know Jonesy has said these big shows (Detroit, Seattle) felt like a huge soundcheck in the dark, but Jimmy's insight into this massive show would have been much appreciated!

Archived