JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Is it true Jimmy Page produced this track and three others under the name Jimmy Robinson.

Jimmy Robinson (born James Kelly Robinson II, July 29, 1950) is an American recording engineer, record producer, and musician; best known for his engineering techniques with both analogue and digital audio recordings with prominent popular pop and rock records in American music from the late 1960’s to the present. In addition to his recording expertise, Robinson is also an accomplished musician and has received gold records as both a saxophonist and bass guitarist.

What a classic OTD today ! It's got the lot.

An iconic Page History moment , complete with that achingly cool 60s film poster - and the music attached : wonderful.

Then ( talk about sitting on the fence ) a brilliant alternative in the Jools Holland Page/Plant performance.

And it wouldn't be Jimmypage.com without a hint of contradiction/inaccuracy : how to reconcile the headline " I attended... " with the detail " We weren't invited ... " ?

Love it.

It wouldn't be Jimmypage.com without a hint of contradiction/inaccuracy : how to reconcile the headline " I attended... " with the detail " We weren't invited ... " ?

The April 22, 1967 issue of 'New Musical Express' reported the film would premier in Cannes on May 8th, but I'm not sure if it stated The Yardbirds would be attending. I show they actually did attend, and perhaps Dreja or McCarty may be able to confirm or deny it.

May 8, 1998 was merely the air date for the Jools Holland program, the performances were recorded on May 5th at BBC Television Centre - Studio 4 in White City (London).

I may be taking some risk here but - I'm getting tired of the "On This Day" feature of Jimmy's web site. Really, It's run its course and now

I'm hoping for news as to what Jimmy is doing "TODAY" and not 20 - 30 years ago. I want Jimmy in the present day and not in the past.

OTD was interesting for a while but I am hoping Jimmy does what Robert has done since 1980 - form a new band and give us some new

creative music. Even now Robert has his new version of the Strange Sensation and is playing live again. Jimmy, Robert is vital and not

a museum artifact, can't you follow his lead and play live again? Even in a small venue - just like Les Paul did in the final years of his career.

I may be taking some risk here but - I'm getting tired of the "On This Day" feature of Jimmy's web site. Really, It's run its course and now

I'm hoping for news as to what Jimmy is doing "TODAY" and not 20 - 30 years ago. I want Jimmy in the present day and not in the past.

OTD was interesting for a while but I am hoping Jimmy does what Robert has done since 1980 - form a new band and give us some new

creative music. Even now Robert has his new version of the Strange Sensation and is playing live again. Jimmy, Robert is vital and not

a museum artifact, can't you follow his lead and play live again? Even in a small venue - just like Les Paul did in the final years of his career.

Nirvana, I agree with you :) - there is occasonally a piece of information, or a photo, which we did not already know about - but I am wondering how OTD can proceed after its first anniversary. I remember a couple of years back, Jimmy was supposed to be recording in Brazil - what happened to the material? What about the stuff he was developing with JPJ and Jason after the O2?

05/16/201251612.jpg

51612setlist.jpg

51612ticket.jpg

51612tourbook.jpg

51612review.jpg

Great memories, thanks for this entry Jimmy! I attended this night, the next night at the Forum and both Irvine Meadow shows in October that year. Haven't looked at my concert stubs in ages, so was a little taken aback by the ticket price of $35 for this show. Seemed a little steep at the time, but there was NO WAY I wasn't going to go to any of these 4 shows in 1995! When I think about these two LA Forum shows I remember being somewhat dumbfounded when they played HHWCID...never ever thought I would hear that song live, and it sounded great both nights! They changed the set lists at Irvine Meadows, so those Forum shows where the only 2 occassions I got to hear Jimmy play it and Robert sing it together!

I thought $35 for a ticket was quite reasonable at the time, especially considering they could have charged much more. Plant said in an interview that prices were kept low as a direct response to the Eagles, who were charging upwards of $100 for a ticket during this same time period. Once the Eagles started charging that much and others noticed that fans would actually pay it, lots of other bands (reunited and otherwise) also began jacking up the price of tickets. Thankfully, Page & Plant didn't.

Is that photo of Jimmy from Knebworth in 1979 and not Earls Courts from 1975? Seems as it may be. His hair is shorter and looks like that blue style shirt he wore for both Knebworth gigs. Can't completely tell with the lighting and lasers in the photo.

05/17/2012

51712.jpg

Is that photo of Jimmy from Knebworth in 1979 and not Earls Courts from 1975? Seems as it may be. His hair is shorter and looks like that blue style shirt he wore for both Knebworth gigs. Can't completely tell with the lighting and lasers in the photo.

When we saw this earlier tonight, my friends and I thought that Jimmy had posted the Knebworth photo in order to show how the use of laser beams onstage had evolved from 1975 to 1979. He uses the expression: "but from little acorns, mighty Oaks do grow!" and shows himself using the laser bow. When I first saw the band use lasers in 1975, I remember them as greenish glowing beams of light (no pyramid or bow yet).

I personally love the OTD feature. I hope he never gets rid of it. I love being able to read Jimmy's thoughts and memories on things he's done. That's the one bright spot in my day, being able to read his thoughts on things. He's such a wealth of knowledge and the fact that he's even sharing his thoughts with us the fans is a priviledge. It speaks volumes about him and how much his fans mean to him.

Archived