Greensboro, NC- Coliseum- January 29, 1975

DavidZoso

This show has been called one of the worst ever. Robert Plant is still trying to get over a flu and Jimmy's finger still hasn't healed from the injury that happend on a train before the tour started. I do have this show and yes it is a lil sloppy but it is not as bad as some people say. The version of Communication Breakdown is quite good. This was one of the last live outings of How many More Times. they had already dropped The Wanton Song and When the Levee Breaks from a few shows earlier in the tour.

SetList:

Rock and Roll

Sick Again

Over the Hills and Far Away

In My Time of Dying

The Song Remains the Same

Rain Song

Kashmir

No Quarter

Trampled Underfoot

Moby Dick

How Many More Times

Stairway to Heaven

Encores:

Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog, Communication Breakdown

Rock and Roll

PN004485.jpg

Rock and Roll

PN004365.jpg

Rock and Roll

lz19750129_04.jpg

Rock and Roll

lz19750129_01.jpg

Possibly Over the Hills and Far Away

750129-01.jpg

PN004647.jpg

PN004587.jpg

PN004566.jpg

652c686d.jpg

How Many More Times

PN004550.jpg

How Many More Times

NS-084.jpg

How Many More Times

PN004589.jpg

How Many More Times

PN004638.jpg

How Many More Times

PN004585.jpg

How Many More Times

PN004569.jpg

I think I am some of them playing Whole Lotta Love but have to do some more checking and I want to give full credit to Neal Preston as he took all those pics from Greensboro and so many more amazing shows.

• 1 month later...

From Luis Rey's book:

This is it: the "Worst Ever!" A real disaster. Neither Page or Plant exist on the stage; their efforts during "How Many More Times" are pathetic. Plant apologizes constantly about the shape of the group although the rhythm section seems fairly healthy; this even adds a disgraceful effect of unevenness to the already sluggish performance. Even the rarities from the previous concerts have been dropped. A night to forget!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It might be called the worst show ever but it was great to me. if you were there you saw me and many more come down from the second level on belts. I was front and center of the stage and one of my friends passed out from lack of oxygen and the security pulled him into the area between the band and us.

• 1 month later...

Archived