Dreams

betteremily

It's awful to wake up when you're having a good dream, isn't it? When I've had dreams of Mr. Page he usually appears with Mr. Plant behind bars in some sort of jail - and I keep hoping to find some way of getting them out of there! - but once you're as famous and popular as them it's not easy I guess.

That's odd. Money and Fame in this world IS ALL the power. Those with power are the first to have the "get out of jail free" card.

Perhaps in your subconscious mind you feel they are being held against their own will from doing something.

Last night I dreamt I was in Greece at a some sort of a hotel/restaurant with some friends (in reality I've never been to Greece) and the owner - some Greek fellow in his mid-60's - was helping to prepare dinner for us and his family and the rest of the guests, but he was upset about something he didn't want to talk about and instead kept saying "Some changes need to be made". I woke up thinking "well, what exactly does he expect me to do, what can I do?" Weird!

An aged man would symbolize wisdom, right? "Some changes need to made." He was talking about you or to you. You should examine your metaphorical dinner plate. :)

I am curious as to why some of you have so many dreams about the fellows of Led Zeppelin. From which some of you speak, it seems as though this occurs often. I wonder why Led Zeppelin is often seeping into the subconscious mind?

In my personal experience, dreams are a form of guidance through life and an overall built-in problem-solving system.

So what do you think? Is this frequent dreaming caused by Led Zeppelin related unrest in your waking day??

Is it your frequenting of Led Zeppelin forum? Or is it merely all fantasizing?

My intention is not to offend anyone. I only wish to understand because I do not experience this myself. :blink:

That's odd. Money and Fame in this world IS ALL the power. Those with power are the first to have the "get out of jail free" card.

Perhaps in your subconscious mind you feel they are being held against their own will from doing something.

Could be.

An aged man would symbolize wisdom, right? "Some changes need to made." He was talking about you or to you. You should examine your metaphorical dinner plate. :)

Aged yes, but not much older than me ... and it seemed like he was expecting me to use my influence as a housewife, mother and monk promoter to make some changes - but I've been doing that for years and it's not as easy as he might hope or imagine, but he seemed to be ingrossed in very severe problems and wasn't interested in reasons or excuses ...

• 4 weeks later...

... but tonight I woke up at 3 a.m. from a dream where he was riding on a long, wide bus with a rowdy group of people and saying loudly "My favorite line from the movies is the one where that fellow asks "Why Why WHY is some crazy bast*rd always porting this world to a prison camp? Did you hear me? Why Why WHY is some crazy bast*rd always porting this world to a prison camp?""

He spoke the lines with an absolutely hilarious British accent, and I woke up laughing so hard I started crying ... cool.gif

... and last night the same rowdy group was back in my dreams again - and one was pointing at the Led Zeppelin group (not sure at exactly whom, maybe Jimmy Page?) and saying " Now let me tell you one thing - he sure as hell ain't no damn parakeet ! "

So ... what was that all about? :rolleyes:

In my personal experience, dreams are a form of guidance through life and an overall built-in problem-solving system.

So what do you think? Is this frequent dreaming caused by Led Zeppelin related unrest in your waking day??

Is it your frequenting of Led Zeppelin forum? Or is it merely all fantasizing?

Who knows? :zzz:

Perhaps in your subconscious mind you feel they are being held against their own will from doing something. ...

An aged man would symbolize wisdom, right? "Some changes need to made." He was talking about you or to you. You should examine your metaphorical dinner plate. smile.gif

Are you talking about Monopoly? If so, there are two types of those cards:

Get_out_of_jail_free.gif

Getoutofjailfreecc.jpg

But ... Which change should be made, and How should it be made ?

The first change looks painful and risky, whereas the second seems to add years to one's age ... :bubble:

This morning I awoke at 4:30 a.m. from a very upsetting dream.

I was in an office somewhere and some fellow arrived telling me it was "time" and that now I had to "give up the land". Then, we went to the land, a rolling field of grassy hills with a few streams and filled with black and white bunny rabbits - beautiful little creatures, some white, some black, some spotted, some other mixtures of black and white coloring - they were healthy but looked a bit crowded on the land. I was upset and asked "What's going to happen to the bunnies? Who's going to take care of them? They aren't going to be eaten are they?" and nobody would answer (by then there were several men around me). I wanted to gather the bunnies and take them with me but I had no place to take them to ... one fellow was trying to console me (I guess) by saying "Remember when you first got this land there were just a few bunnies, and now look how many there are! You should be proud of what you managed to do" ... then they grabbed me by the arms on both sides and started walking me away and somebody said "Aren't you going to clean out the jewelry box?" There was a box associated with the land that contained a few items, some interesting things - not really jewels and not really valuable but still worth taking along as it all could fit in one of my pockets. I wanted so much to take the bunnies with me but was told "No, they stay with the land". I asked again "What's going to happen to them?" but nobody would answer ... and I was so upset I woke up crying. :boohoo:

In "real" life my husband and I are part-owners of a small piece of land that we have no intentions of selling, neither are we being forced to sell (at least as far as I know) ... our family lives in a small apartment with a balcony and we have a 5-year-old bunny that is white with a black nose, grey tail and grey paws.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning my husband and I woke up at about the same time from different nightmares.

Mine was of an airplane flying overhead near our apartment that made lots of noise - but not exactly a crash - as it landed into-or-next-to (I couldn't see exactly where it landed from our apartment) the road/yards/apartment complexes nearby. Then I opened our apartment door and people started running in with all kinds of stuff (clothes, blankets, etc.) in a big hurry - I asked if people were hurt and they said yes, that the landing was really bad. I wanted to go help but couldn't get out the door with everyone running in like that and wondered where I was going to put everybody (our home is small) and then woke up really alarmed about the whole situation.

Instead, my husband's nightmare was that he and I were sleeping at night on the ground in a park near where he grew up in Rome (in reality they close that park at night) - so he woke up disoriented, sort of scared and wondering what the heck he was doing there. :unsure:

This morning I woke up early once again from a another nightmare - but this time I was at a doctor's office. In this dream I was pregnant, approaching the delivery date, and the female technician that was giving me an ultrasound announced "Oh my, this fetus is severly deformed". I asked what was wrong and she replied "It has quite a few deformities but the biggest problem is that it doesn't have a head" and I thought to myself how could that be possible? Then she said "We ought to go ahead with an abortion" with a strange, insincere look on her face. I told her no, that I'd prefer to go ahead with the pregnancy and let God handle the matter - then I woke up wondering if what she had said was even possible (how could an 8+ month-old-fetus not have a head?), why she would be lying, thinking I needed to get a second opinion, and wondering about the risks connected with a stillbirth. Then I realized it was all just a silly dream and was quite relieved!

In "real life" I've been pregnant three times - one healthy live birth - but two of the pregnancies were miscarried at 3 months (once accidentally, once by the doctor due to an empty sac) - and I'm very much against abortion.

• 2 weeks later...

Although both my parents are deceased they appear in my dreams almost every night, especially my mom. Anyway the other night I dreamt that dad was standing under a very big, very old tree and that there was a ceiling fan hanging off of one of its lower branches. He told me to go ahead and switch it on (I was standing next to a wall with a light-switch) so I did and when the fan started spinning it started chopping off some of the lower (mostly dried-out) branches and dad took off running ... that's when I woke up with a start ...

I don't remember my parents being in my dreams that often when they were "in reality" still alive - how about you all?

This morning I had another one of those "falling tower" dreams that went on and on and on ... anybody else ever have something similar?

In this dream I had to catch a connecting flight in a place that resembled New York, and the N.Y. airport was at the top of a huge tower. The wind started blowing hard and the tower started to sway and everyone thought it was going to topple over but instead it fell over to lean against a nearby skyscraper. Strangely enough, many people seemed content to remain in that leaning tower, but I wanted to get out of there and back on solid ground and kept wondering why I had ever decided to take a flight that connected through such a crazily designed "airport" anyway ...

So basically this dream consisted of trying to get out of the leaning tower, trying to find the staircase downwards - every few flights or so the staircase would vanish into offices - so then I'd go around asking people how we could go down and out of the tower but most didn't seem to care, they were busy with their office parties and many seemed to be having a good time! Every now and then when I would finally find a staircase downward there were some people running down the steps - extremely intent on getting out of the tower themselves individually but not too concerned about helping others out, not concerned about going out together as a group. Quite a few times people living/working in the tower would give misleading directions - sometimes because they didn't know how to exit but wanted to appear as if they did, sometimes because they knew but didn't want to tell how, sometimes because they didn't care and didn't seem to think it was important to get out of that leaning tower!

So, after going 'round and 'round and 'round I never managed to get out of that silly leaning tower and woke up exhausted again. :coffee:

Doesn't anybody else around here dream?

Anyway, last night I woke up in the middle of the night from a disconcerting dream that I was one among a bunch of people who were following some lady to her wedding ... her wedding dress was mostly white but low-cut with colory flower embroidery around her cleavage and she seemed quite flighty, almost a floozy-type-of-woman and I wondered why she was getting married but then it was apparent that she was pregnant. People were joking about the situation saying "well how long do you think that marriage is gonna last" and I thought they were a bit rude but probably just being honest ... then I wondered why I was even there watching because I really didn't know her personally, and therefore I shouldn't try to catch her bouquet afterwards -- but I never made it that far because the smell inside the gym where her wedding was to be held was so nauseating (strong urine scent) :faint1: I had to leave immediately ... and then I woke up at about 3:00am thinking thank heavens that stink wasn't real and what a stupid dream that was!

In reality I haven't been to a wedding in about 15 years or so.

I am curious as to why some of you have so many dreams about the fellows of Led Zeppelin. From which some of you speak, it seems as though this occurs often. I wonder why Led Zeppelin is often seeping into the subconscious mind?

Last night U2 and Bono somehow seeped in - they pop in my dreams more often than any other "stars" - and last night I was traveling through a one-way-4-lane-tunnel with my family and some other people in a rolling motor home that looked something like the one here

http://happydayvinta...ver-streak.html

and U2 was in a van in the right-hand-lane going at about the same speed but there was a little car that kept bothering them trying to run them off the road then actually shot at them and then both U2's van and the little car skidded into the tunnel wall - that's when I woke up at 3:00 a.m.

Anyway, before all that happened my mobile home was parked in some sort of a mobile home park and there was all-of-a-sudden a big flood that swept us away floating ... I remember thinking I hope the floor holds and doesn't leak because a stinky mess was leaking into the river as if maybe some waste treatment plant had let loose without processing - then finally we reached a tunnel that was dry so we could start rolling along - which is about when U2 appeared with that irritating chaser car ...

In reality no one in my family has ever owned a mobile home or camper of any sort and I've never travelled in one in my entire life.

Last night U2 and Bono somehow seeped in - they pop in my dreams more often than any other "stars" -

But last night Sting was in a dream indicating some sort of esoteric book he wanted me to read but I showed him a much larger, more comprehensive book and said "that and much more is written in this book" - then he asked if I was aware of his signatures - I looked at a piece of paper where he had signed his name several times and then woke up at 4 a.m. itching all over. Then I went back to sleep again ...

- and last night I was traveling through a one-way-4-lane-tunnel with my family and some other people in a rolling motor home ...

... but this time my cousin John was driving family, friends, me and a bunch of Latin American people in a super-modern rolling motor home down a steep hill, then his mother Lou yelled at him "What the heck are you doing?" and it flipped over front-ways upside-down but fortunately nobody got hurt so they grabbed the pizza they had brought with them and started eating it outside, almost as if nothing had happened. Weird!

• 2 weeks later...

Although both my parents are deceased they appear in my dreams almost every night, especially my mom.

And again this moning ... I dreamt that I was in my parent's home (a tri-level) and I had gotten up in the middle of the night to go down to the kitchen (located on the middle floor) and heard a tremendous ruckus coming from the basement and thought some crazy group of people must be trying to break into the house. I yelled to my husband who (was sleeping upstairs) to come down (I was standing on the middle-level-landing) and right after he arrived the noise stopped and mom came up the stairs from the basement. I asked "What's going on mom, was that you making all that noise?" and she didn't answer but gave me a a big hug and a bunch of kisses on the cheek. That whole dream situation was very disturbing but I was glad to wake up relieved.

Any dream involving Robert and Jimmy, I couldn't repeat here wink.gif . ...

- just realized that's my husband's name and father's name - anyway, yesterday morning my wake-up-dream was incredibly stupid: I was looking at some man's two-dimensional face talking from an empty kitchen sink (the face looked as if it was coming from an image projector) complaining and carrying-on in a crazy and confusing way.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if there is a thread for Led Zep dreams so here it goes anyhoos...

I had a cracker dream about a year ago, in it I was in a large function room with a host of interviewers and photographers. On one side there was Jimmy and Robert and on the other side facing was JPJ,.

Thinking that I would be able to get JPJs' signature first and quickly before Jimmy and Robert had finished their interview, I went over to him and handing him a piece of paper, asked him for his autograph.

If i'm right thinking that JPJ has a dry sense of humour in "real life", took the page out of my hand and scribbled the word "autograph" on it.

Realizing that the paps where finishing with Robert and Jimmy and they were all about to leave and not being able to come over to them to get thier autographs, I panicked and said to JPJ that I didn't want the word autograph written but his name!

All along with me glancing across the room and seeing Robert about to leave, smirking at me and saying something about JPJ "winding up that girl"

BTW.....I didn't get ANY of those autographs...... :mad:

^^^^^^^^

Is this any help....

To dream that your mate, spouse, or significant other is cheating on you highlights your insecurities and your fears of being abandoned. You feel that you are being taken for granted. You may feel some lack of attention in the relationship or that he or she is being less affectionate. Alternatively, you may feel that you are not measuring up to the expectations of others

No, I don't think any of that applies, unless I'm worried about anything subconsciously. Certainly I think I'm 'measuring up' - although she did say something quite hurtful the other day, but I can't repeat that here. Thanks anyway though, FITR.

Just to be on the safe side, I've had a look around today, and settled on a 5-camera surveillance system, which was quite reasonably priced on Amazon. My only problem now is how to conceal them, and when to install it, because that will probably take several hours and she's rarely out of the house on her own for that long. Maybe I should follow someone else's recommendation elsewhere, and send her off on a 'spa day'?

'Major'

If you are going down that route, don't bother just go for a good Divorce Lawyer.

Never heard anything so stupid, spying on a Loved one all because of a Dream.

If I was your Wife and found out that you were spying on me, I would Kick your Arse 'BIG' time. And take you for every penny!!

Maybe better off working on your 'Trust' Issues...

I think maybe she would smell the paint, and the dust from the plaster would tell her that you had been doing some DIY?

So maybe you had better take sometime off from work and undertake the complete redecoration of the bedroom, unless it has been done recently...

Then again if that is something that would be totally out of character for you, that could cause your Wife to have suspicions about you, and possibly then start to SPY on you and invade your Privacy...

As for Divorce, If you have no trust in her, you would drive her away... :P

Well I could cook a stinky curry to disguise the paint smell - they will only be small patches anyway, and modern emulsions are almost odourless. And before you ask, no, she won't get suspicious over me cooking a curry - I'm the main chef in our home. As for the dust, I do know how to use a hoover, thank you very much!, although I rarely do. That's one of her chores. And in any case, I wasn't planning on putting a camera in the bedroom - the hall, living room and stairway, and maybe the bathroom will be fine. No, I wouldn't want to revisit those dreamtime bedroom horrors again, in the flesh this time, as it were. If I see her being chased upstairs by 3 or 4 men, that will tell me all I need to know.

It's going a little far to say I have no trust in her. Before this stupid dream, I had no reason to doubt her at all. So far, she's been by far the most honest, dutiful and obedient of my three wives, and I love her dearly. But you can never know for sure, can you?

Then Trust in that old saying.. 'What you don't know..Can't hurt you'...

There is some truth in that, FITR. But it's not always the case, and it's never nice to find out you've been cuckolded...especially if you find out via an unpronounceable social disease, which is the first I knew of my 2nd ex-wife's cheating ways.

You know, I think I might put a camera in the bedroom after all. Who knows, maybe she's cheating on me with another lady? I wouldn't want to miss that, LOL.

Enough of this now, it's doing my head in - I'll post again, if & when I have anything to report.

:) Hope you have a better night's sleep tonight...

• 1 month later...

I don't know if we have any Charmed fans on the board, but I have had quite a few dreams that I was "The Source of All Evil". Two that I remember distinctly: 1) I was standing in front of a mirror & Freddy Krueger appeared behind me and stabbed me with his razor claws but it didn't affect me at all, then I used my powers to vanquish him to hell. 2) I was at my old high school as the Source & I vanquished the Charmed ones with my fireballs. In fact, I've had quite a few dreams that take place in my old high school. Don't know what that means or if dreaming that I'm the embodiment of all evil says anything about me...

1563055-8x04_071_source_large.jpg

I've also been having a lot of dreams about playing instruments in particular playing No Quarter and various other Zeppelin songs although in real life I can't play an instrument worth a damn. I always seem to play the No Quarter from the second Knebworth show & I remember having a dream where I was playing Over The Hills And Far Away and just as I was about to tear into the solo I woke up. Damn!

:guitar_mood::piano:

• 3 months later...

Alright, this thread needs resurrection..

It's going a little far to say I have no trust in her. Before this stupid dream, I had no reason to doubt her at all. So far, she's been by far the most honest, dutiful and obedient of my three wives, and I love her dearly. But you can never know for sure, can you?

5 months later..any relevance in that dream of yours?

I've also been having a lot of dreams about playing instruments in particular playing No Quarter and various other Zeppelin songs although in real life I can't play an instrument worth a damn. I always seem to play the No Quarter from the second Knebworth show & I remember having a dream where I was playing Over The Hills And Far Away and just as I was about to tear into the solo I woke up. Damn!

:guitar_mood::piano:

...One night I had this dream...I was playing my guitar, but I mean I was really kicking ass and I thought to myself "Man, I can actually play this thing!" That dream actually came true..Strange..maybe you saw your future. Perhaps you should pick up a guitar?

Okay, so a while back I was wondering why people have "Zep" related dreams because I'd never had one...and not long after I did.

I walked into this large room. (Accompanied by somebody else. This happens in all my dreams. This person has no image, yet I feel like I've known them all my life(?) ) This room was just jam-packed full of people ..who strangely all had their own distinctive faces..I remember a couple of these strangers actually making eye contact with me..They were all talking and drinking..so as I try to make my way through this party I notice Jimmy Page off in the corner of the room behind the bar. He's standing there mixing drinks! He wasn't drinking them, just mixing. It wasn't just like two drinks, it was an overabundance of drinks. I remember thinking, "What is he doing with all those drinks?" It didn't seem right..

He wasn't talking to anyone and no one was talking to him or actually acknowledging his being there. He was totally withdrawn and he appeared as if something was seriously bothering him...

Somehow or another I end up with the keys of one of MANY luxury sports cars parked outside in like..an alley of brick buidings? I was told to "repark it". This car was parked infront of a building and behind another sports cars and sports cars parked on either side. Completely blocked in. Well, I tried anyhow and ended up smashing the sports car in the rear of the one ahead of it. :lol: ..and then I woke up.

I think I pretty much have that dream figured out..but what really disturbed me was the fact that I saw complete faces and made eye contact with total strangers...that's never happened before or since. :Thinking:

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

No, nothing that I've ever discovered. However, I am now considering filing for divorce, on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour.

I have nothing much to say about your dream, but I'm concerned to hear that you never 'see complete faces and make eye contact with total strangers'. I'm no expert in these things, but have you considered consulting a doctor, or a shrink?

:( Sorry Major...I hope things work out for the best.

So what you're saying is you see complete faces and make eye contact with total strangers in your dreams? Please, tell me more.

I only really see the faces of people I've known in my life..a lot of times strangers are just a blur that I can vaguely make out...other times I just have a knowing of who people are...lol I don't believe I need a psychiatrist?

Hello all...Dream interpretation is a fine art indeed. Though Freud pretty much came up with the whole concept I am not a big fan of Freud's interpretations for obvious reasons...not everything is about sex and death!!! I prefer Jungian dream interpretation since his approac is much more dynamic and is the foundation for modern dream interpretation. The reason why dream interpretation is even possible is because Jung understood the concept of archetypes, that is, common elements of representation every living human beig shares and relates to. Take for instance the imagary of a house, a house usually represents the dreamer, that is to say the dreamers sense of self and security. If the home is like an Eicher painting or constantly changing or is very abstract, it usually means the dreamer is in a state of personal flux or change. If the home is confining and the dreamer cannot get out it usually means the dreamer is feeling restricted in life, limited choices or others having too much influence. Also, the cards of the Tarot represent the first known European expression of the archetypes.

Every once in a while I have "Zeppelin" dreams myself. Usually, I am back in time (obviously) and it is usually a early gig (68 - 69 era). I start out in the crown simply watching the concert and then I am Jimmy Page on stage. They are amazing dreams as I really get the sense of being on stage and performing live in front of a few hundred fans.

Of course there is also the dream about a midgit, a goat, and a jar of vasaline but I don't think I should go there.

Archived