Spine-Tingling Musical Moments

bouillon

Admirers of Gimme Shelter might enjoy these:

Ruth Copeland and Parliadelic (presumably that's the great Eddie Hazel wailing away in the background):

Merry Clayton herself:

And for anyone else who's ever lived their life in black, here's the majestic Sisters Of Mercy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GQDSCi00HQ&feature=related

Admirers of Gimme Shelter might enjoy these:

Ruth Copeland and Parliadelic (presumably that's the great Eddie Hazel wailing away in the background):

Merry Clayton herself:

And for anyone else who's ever lived their life in black, here's the majestic Sisters Of Mercy:

+3

While I'd heard of Sisters of Mercy, I'd never actually heard them.

And though I could find no mention of them while reading Type O's wiki, Sisters of Mercy simply had to have been an influence for Type O Negative.

+3

While I'd heard of Sisters of Mercy, I'd never actually heard them.

And though I could find no mention of them while reading Type O's wiki, Sisters of Mercy simply had to have been an influence for Type O Negative.

Glad you liked them. And yes, they were a clear influence on TON, inter alia. I really can't recommend them strongly enough. I think you should consider it your duty to DL & worship these, in this strict order:

Some Girls Wander By Mistake (compilation of most of the stuff on their legendary early EPs)

First And Last And Always (only album by the original band - a masterpiece of misery)

Floodland (big production, touched by the hand of Steinman. Epic stuff)

Vision Thing (ditto)

Although they're still active, they haven't made an album since VT in 1990 - Eldritch fell out with the record company, and has steadfastly refused to record for them ever since.

Right. So then you click 'Watch On Youtube', and Youtube opens up & plays it. So you might as well just post the link, like you did.

Thanks. :)

The 5 - 10 seconds of Cream's intro to "Tales of Brave Ulysess" from The Grande Ballroom bootleg.....tingles my spine every time.

You thought the leaden winter (I always thought he said 'Latin winter') :D

Would bring you down forever

But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun

Gotta be some LSD influenced lyrics to that song. B)

This is one I always liked.....

Archived