Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
andyc

Who would you choose to support Zeppelin?

No one. The fans support Led Zeppelin.

They didn't need an opening act then, and don't need one now.

I agree.

But, to give an answer, a hypothetical answer to this question, I would suggest:

Roy Harper

For sheer guitar brilliance how about Ted Nugent and his group The Amboy Dukes (who are still around playing in the states without Ted)should tour alongside Zep if they deside to go on the road.

I saw Ted back in 1981 in Seattle whilst visiting relatives,for sheer skill,noise and presence on stage he takes some beating.

A Ted and Page guitar duo would make for some really interesting music.

i saw ted in '78....awesome show. loads of energy, frenetic fretwork, very appealing to a 16 year old (which i was at the time). i had cat scratch fever and double live gonzo on 8-track. ted had 3 or 4 good songs, and like i said, an awesome stage act.

Then....

i read an interview in the late 80's or so where he allegedly said (and i paraphase): "jimmy page is a real fumble-fingers, talk about atrocious.." (does anyone else remember or know what i am talking about?)

i was astonished! i mean, ted's good and all, but like i said, 3 or 4 good songs, while page is responsible for co-writing, playing on, and producing one of the two greatest canons (bodies of work) in rock and roll history. i mean, play me 2 nugent songs that don't sound alike, please?

that tore it for me.

so, since then, my attitude has been

"f**k TED"

no opening act -my preference

i have to pick? ok..

crowes

lenny kravitz

beck (jeff)

beastie boys

santana

derek trucks

wolfmother

later,

beat

Edited by beatbo

The Black Crowes.

then if zepp come to brissie i actually get to see the black crowes... they are going to all the other capital cities in Aus, but not brissie! GAH!

or wolfmother!

lol or Hannah Montana... she seems to be creating a fuck of alotta hype right now :P

absolutely no one.

the Zeppelin didnt need an opener in the 70s and they certainly dont need one in 2008 if they play. Really, whats an opener going to accomplish? Make the show better? Not possible.

I don't think they need support, and let's face it, there probably wouldn't be much love for a support act when Zeppelin are the main attraction!

But if you really push me - I'd have to say the Foo Fighters. At least we know Dave Grohl would be as excited about seeing Zeppelin as the audience ... !

A reformed Bad Company.

If nothing else it would get Paul Rodgers out of Queen....

I Agree!

Your paying a boatload of money to see Zeo play,lets face it they arent spring chickens anymore.I dont know how long they would play.Therefore a "warm up" band would be good.

My choice would be Joe Bonamassa blues oriented,but still can rock,has alot of acoustic numbers,slow and fast, a relative unknown to the general public.A true musician,with a great band.A Led Zep lover himself who plays some dazed and confused that sounds as if it was right off the first album.

But a more realistic band would be Wolfmother as was said earlier.Would be an attraction for the younger audience,and still an appeal to their older fans mostly.

well supposedly what has been comming up is RPs illigetiment son J from Mean Values i haven't heard this sons band, does anyone know if theyd be a good warm up like Sting had his kid for The Polices reunion tour.

Your paying a boatload of money to see Zeo play,lets face it they arent spring chickens anymore.I dont know how long they would play.Therefore a "warm up" band would be good.

My choice would be Joe Bonamassa blues oriented,but still can rock,has alot of acoustic numbers,slow and fast, a relative unknown to the general public.A true musician,with a great band.A Led Zep lover himself who plays some dazed and confused that sounds as if it was right off the first album.

But a more realistic band would be Wolfmother as was said earlier.Would be an attraction for the younger audience,and still an appeal to their older fans mostly.

If they were to use a support act, I think Joe Bonamassa would be a great choice. He does a great version of "Tea For One" from his cd a couple of years ago. Don't remember the name of the release. It's available for legal download at the usual locales.

well supposedly what has been comming up is RPs illigetiment son J from Mean Values i haven't heard this sons band, does anyone know if theyd be a good warm up like Sting had his kid for The Polices reunion tour.
A search for a Mean Venus interview on Rolling Stone dot com turns up only a comment on the LZ Fricke review page. I think it is just a plant from the band. Pretty funny. Must be reading the Church of the Subgenius. Publicity stunt IMHO.

Well, were they to tour (and they probably won't), I say no opening act. Zeppelin has never needed "support". :beer: