For The Vets

redrum

This is a clip I put together with the Sony movie program that I dedicated to all the war Vets. I used the song 'Brothers In Arms' by Dire Straits and this is something I've always wanted to do and make my own version of images to the song. I love the original too and I think the animation is great.

Hope you like it.

That is really great Redrum! A very moving thoughtful video, and I love the music.

I was touched as well by the tributes to your brothers and family. Please thank your nephew and others who survive on my behalf for their service. God bless them all. And thanks for sharing that Redrum.

Cheers,:thumbsup:

Brad

Thank you too. I will convey your message to my nephew and brother. :) They always appreciate any thanks for what they went through. It was something I thought I'd do while I have access to the movie program while I'm also working on another movie called 'Libraryville' which is a major project and even after almost 8 months from finishing filming the editing is still only about half way done. There are also original songs included and I will be making a trailer soon. B)

Looking forward to it Redrum. Your contributions here are great!

Cheers,

Brad

veterans-day.jpg

Thanks Brad. :) I'll let you know about the recent project. Our main problem with 'Libraryville' is some sound problems and since I had never worked on making a film before I assumed the other people knew what they were doing but they seemed to get lacadasical about checking the sound and now that I'm doing the editing I can see how very important sound quality is. We also have Sony's 'Sound Forge' which can clean up a lot of it but a film teacher at the high school I was seeking advice from told me that if there's a sound problem he just refilms. But we were unable to do that so we have to make do with what we have. I think it'll work out though. It's a film thought up by a local librarian and is her observations of the qwerky patrons that visit the library on a daily basis. It deals with religion, the environment, gays, and other odd characters but the story revolves around one of the librarians and her abusive boyfriend. The songs are also done professionally with all original songs.

I just finished a book by Paul Fussell titled 'The Boy's Crusade' and he talks about how after D-Day in France and as the Americans began to push the nazi's back and the war dragged on he said there were many desertions and self inflicted wounds by a lot of the kid soldiers just to be able to get away from the hell of combat and many were very cynical about the mission or outcome until they came upon the death camps and that was when they almost all realized that it was worth the blood and sacrifice to end the nazi tyranny. That's why I included a couple pics of the death camp victims in my video.

Yeah sound is the tricky part. Maybe you can just over dub some of the more noticable parts.

I know a guy who worked on an independent film where they shot everything in Europe. Upon returning with the negative film cans, his partner didn't bother to apply for a special security check and just went through the normal check. The xray equipment ended up partially exposing the film in varying patterns which could not be fixed. They ended up losing their shirts on the whole investment.

Man, that had to hurt. It reminds me of when photographer Robert Capa went in with the troops on D-Day and when he sent his film to the lab most of it was ruined by a nervous technician. It's something that can never be retrieved. :(

It was a nasty fight. Many people don't realize that after "D-Day" itself, the push inland was a hard fight that lasted over a month. There were many casualties with included 70,000 French civilians killed from the aerial campaign. Bombing in those days what not very accurate.

Good luck with the film.

Cheers,

Brad

I think it was way worse than most people realize, especially fighting those fanatical bastards. Like the one kid who told his Mother: 'You can't be careful, only lucky'

Thanks. I'm currently uploading the 'God Scene' from our movie to You Yube. I'll post the link soon.

Hi all,

Bro,I hope the film goes well,......

If you ever what to do something on the war in the Pacific read "Flyboys" by James Bradley.

KB

Yeah, it's quite the project and I was designated 'Official Editor' even though I'd never made a movie in my life. :blink:

But I guess they all had confidence in me anyways.

Here's the 'God' scene with part of his song. God runs into Jessica and well....All edited by yours truly. B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hHy9BnMo04

I'll check out that book. I have read 'Flags Of Our Fathers' by him.

Hi all,

Yeah, it's quite the project and I was designated 'Official Editor' even though I'd never made a movie in my life. :blink:

But I guess they all had confidence in me anyways.

Bro,if I may,......keep the shot on the reaction of the person being talked too(Jess&God) in this case.It is not that important,IMHO to see someone delivering a line but the other persons reaction to what is being said.That is the perception of the speaker.

I'll check out that book. I have read 'Flags Of Our Fathers' by him.

or I can mail it you,...be ready! :faint1:

Your Bro,KB

Archived