RIVAL SONS, from Los Angeles

Bonzoghost

Here's a link to a review of their headline show in Ft Worth that I saw last May...and some more pics that I took. ..note, this was when some areas of Texas was getting devistated by floods... Jay Buchanan thanked the crowd for coming out despite all the flooding....and took some time to talk about what was going down with the floods. I thought that was pretty cool.

Also, this was one of the first nights the clouds started to clear up...I remember it was like the first time I saw the moon in about 30 days...Tried to get a pic of it, it came out grainy.

Seeing this band outside under the moon was something I'll not forget.

Shoe review:

http://jammagazine.com/concert-reviews/cr201505-burning-bubba-festival-concert-review-billy-bobs-texas-fort-worth-texas-usa-may-30-2015-writer-tim-taylor.aspx

0530152148-1.jpg

0530152154a.jpg

0530152128b-1.jpg

0530152150a.jpg

0530152151d.jpg

Edited by zepscoda

• 2 months later...

So far I believe they've released 3 tracks, "Hollow Bones Part 1", "All That I Want," and "Tied Up." What do you think of them? Hollow Bones Part 1 is kind of weird, but I find myself humming it and liking it more the more I listen to it. "All That I Want" is a ballad that I don't care for at all. Jay appears to be trying to sing outside of his range. The song might sound nice if it was sung by a woman. It's a shame, because Jay has a great deep voice, not as deep as Eric Burdon's, but somewhat similar. As for "Tied Up," as I listened to it today I thought, "sounds familiar. Does it sound like one of their previous tracks?" Then I realized that it sounds almost exactly like the song "Same 'Ol" by The Heavy. I'm kind of shocked. Although Scott does a guitar solo that is unlike anything The Heavy would do, the basic riff is the same. kind of weird...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, Rival Sons are getting a great opportunity tonight to expand their audience. They are opening for Black Sabbath at a sold out Hollywood Bowl tonight. That is 19,000 souls. This will be my first time seeing them in concert. I have heard a lot of forum members rave about them so my expectations are high.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

To my ears.  This is how Rival Sons shore up album rise.  

Before the Fire-B/Pressure and TIme-A/EP-A/Head Down-A+/Great Western Valkyrie-A++/Hollow Bones-B.  

They are a really great band and emulae Zeps live improve Groove.  

• 3 months later...