Official Website differences

• 3 months later...

JPJ has a very cool multimedia page, also. In addition he has a forum...

1227.gif

The John Paul Jones Forum is down...not sure if it's down temporarily or if it's permanently gone. I found out yesterday when I went to the site...

While its true Jimmy Page lives in the past musically, I do believe he is converying to us through his website that he has been involved in much more than just The Yardbirds & Zeppelin. In some strange way he is walking us through his experience; his knowledge of music...yes, of the past!. Aside from "this day" the website is total garbage which just boggles my mind because HE must know its one lame site aside from "this day"

I believe he is a tortured soul; has had massive drug problems, few close friends he can trust, numerous failed relationships and marriages and deep rooted anger towards Plant for not wanting to trot Zeppelin around the globe. Though we all have ideas of what Jimmy could do, its just getting too late. At his age, with his money, the ambition to do anything but Zeppelin is gone. It left at the end of the Page/Plant tours. Guest spots is what were going to see I'm afraid until he punts out. I'd rather see that then Plant making a complete fool of himself with retarded rendentions of Zeppelin classics! I'm off topic I guess. oops!

I believe he is a tortured soul; has had massive drug problems, few close friends he can trust, numerous failed relationships and marriages and deep rooted anger towards Plant for not wanting to trot Zeppelin around the globe. Though we all have ideas of what Jimmy could do, its just getting too late. At his age, with his money, the ambition to do anything but Zeppelin is gone. It left at the end of the Page/Plant tours. Guest spots is what were going to see I'm afraid until he punts out. I'd rather see that then Plant making a complete fool of himself with retarded rendentions of Zeppelin classics! I'm off topic I guess. oops!

"Retarded"? How about "rearranged", just as he and Page did for the Page & Plant Unledded tour. Hell, even Zeppelin themselves never played any of their songs the same way once, much less twice.

Wow, with all due respect, I beg to differ.

I think some people would paint Mr. Page as this depressed, tortured, hermit, dark-lord who lives in a castle pining away for his Zep days.

When HIS life and HIS reality may be very different from that.

It may be that his days are filled with friends, family, travel and whatever else makes up a full life.

Yes, his ambition may be tempered...

But the joy you see in his face during the Donovan, Crowes and Roy Harper gigs show that his love of playing on stage and his stunning ability to play is very intact.

So he may very well have more music in him to share before he "punts out", as you so eloquently put it.

And I have to vehemently disagree about Robert Plant ever musically making a fool of himself or doing anything musically "retarded"! Please!

Wow, with all due respect, I beg to differ.

I think some people would paint Mr. Page as this depressed, tortured, hermit, dark-lord who lives in a castle pining away for his Zep days.

When HIS life and HIS reality may be very different from that.

It may be that his days are filled with friends, family, travel and whatever else makes up a full life.

Yes, his ambition may be tempered...

But the joy you see in his face during the Donovan, Crowes and Roy Harper gigs show that his love of playing on stage and his stunning ability to play is very intact.

So he may very well have more music in him to share before he "punts out", as you so eloquently put it.

And I have to vehemently disagree about Robert Plant ever musically making a fool of himself or doing anything musically "retarded"! Please!

Well done! :goodpost:

I really do need to apologize for my earlier post. It was not well thought out and based on an emotional moment of not neccessarily enjoying the direction Plant has taken. It is his choice of course and he is being creative, innovative and offering us a whole new side of himself. In the end I'll find enjoyment from it as I can't help but be drawn to everything they do! I am a true fan really, but maybe just a bit frustrated since the 02' gig that never materialized into anything more. Anyway, just wanted to say my earlier post was a bit flippant and not a fair assessment of Mr. Plant's talents.

I really do need to apologize for my earlier post. It was not well thought out and based on an emotional moment of not neccessarily enjoying the direction Plant has taken. It is his choice of course and he is being creative, innovative and offering us a whole new side of himself. In the end I'll find enjoyment from it as I can't help but be drawn to everything they do! I am a true fan really, but maybe just a bit frustrated since the 02' gig that never materialized into anything more. Anyway, just wanted to say my earlier post was a bit flippant and not a fair assessment of Mr. Plant's talents.

I appreciate your post and your passion. And it's all good, Mudslider.

We wouldn't be here if we were not fans.

As always , Peace. :hippy:

Archived