Need Help On Blueberry Hill Vinyl

Strider

Okay, I've tried four or five other websites to no avail, and I did a search of this forum to see if there was already a thread on this topic, and again, didn't see anything.

So here goes...I was browsing Amoeba tonight, and found a vinyl copy of "On Blueberry Hill". It was the Trade Mark of Quality edition, blue-green cardboard sleeves, with a paper slip with the song listings and the sheet music transcription for the song "Blueberry Hill".

Now, I still have the Trade Mark of Quality vinyl boot of "On Blueberry Hill" that I bought back in 1972, and it came in coloured vinyl, and reading other sites, it seems that all the first pressings were on coloured vinyl. My copy is deep in storage at the moment.

Upon inspecting this copy at Amoeba tonight, I discovered it was pressed on regular vinyl, with red, yellow, blue and green labels. The Matrix # on the run-out groove is LPVC 8236 A (-B, -C, -D for the other sides).

Unless the websites are wrong, this is a later pressing. But as some sites say some vinyl versions use a better source or sound better than others, my question is if anyone knows anything about this LPVC 8236 version?

It's priced at $30 which is a steal compared to prices I've seen at ebay and discog.com.

I'd post a pic but this site won't let me post photos from my phone.

Appreciate any information you can give me.

i have this one........

103.jpg

not sure really........cuz i may have another earlier copy

and it is TMOQ........but i'm not so sure bout the colour vinyl shit cuz yes.........my copy is in dispose as well :P

but yeh........seeing as yours is from way back when.........and given the fact even SAJ won't touch it with a ten foot yamaguchi

i estimate the value at............

dr-evil.jpg

one hundred trillion dollars :D

pretty sure mine is black...........

which of course is "beautiful"

as i am black myself

these however

are coloured

z10.jpg

30.jpg

course i go back a ways :P

and no..........the coloured ones do not

"sound better".............

try a download ;)

That's the one I saw at Amoeba tonight!

So you don't recall if yours is coloured or black vinyl?

I also have the one beetleron posted.

It's a black vinyl reissue released in USA circa 1987 amidst post-Live Aid resurgence of interest in the band. I bought mine back then for $25-$30.

I also have the one beetleron posted.

It's a black vinyl reissue released in USA circa 1987 amidst post-Live Aid resurgence of interest in the band. I bought mine back then for $25-$30.

Thanks everyone for your input...that answers one part of my question: I now know that the one at Amoeba is the 1987 reissue.

Still to be resolved, though, is whether this 1987 reissue is from the same source as the first TMoQ pressings, or if it is from a different source? Perhaps a better or inferior source?

I've heard many Blueberry Hills over the years...some sound great, some sound muddy. My original viny copy sounds pretty good, from what I remember.

I have the same Blueberry Hill as in Beetleron's pic above, black vinyl. Back in the 80s I kept a record of all my Zep-related boot purchases & it says I bought it at a record convention in July 1984 along with In The Light 1969, Knebworth 1979 Pt. 1, Solo Performances, and Starting Over (a Robert Plant bootleg).

Still to be resolved, though, is whether this 1987 reissue is from the same source as the first TMoQ pressings, or if it is from a different source? Perhaps a better or inferior source?

I'd consult with Robert Godwin's book on Led Zeppelin bootleg releases if I had mine with me. Generally speaking most if not all of the mid-80s reissues were exactly that - just cheap knock-offs of the originals.

I've heard many Blueberry Hills over the years...some sound great, some sound muddy. My original viny copy sounds pretty good, from what I remember.

This was the first Zep boot I ever remember hearing. The same friend that had this one also had Live Over Europe (or something to that effect). To the best of my recollection, the Blueberry Hill boot sounded like absolute shit. Probably a huge reason why I never actively sought out bootleg recordings, no matter how much I may have liked the band (Zep included).

One way to check would be RP's spoken intro before WLL, which is muddy in some versions, or even missing.

My mid-70s TMQ pressing (red & green vinyl) sounded fantastic - very clear, a bit trebly maybe, but not at all muddy. Wish I still had it.

Thanks for the tip, bouillon, I'll use it.

Jahfin, you must have had an inferior source for Blueberry Hill, because mine doesn't sound bad at all.

I find it hard to believe you would consider this to sound like shit:

Communication Breakdown-Good Times, Bad Times-For What It's Worth-I Saw Her Standing There

Out on the Tiles

Since I've Been Loving You

Jahfin, you must have had an inferior source for Blueberry Hill, because mine doesn't sound bad at all.

I was referring to a friends' copy. I don't own it. Not sure if it's any help as to the source but I'm pretty sure this is the artwork from the version I heard:

led-zeppelin-live-on-blueberry-hill-2lp-colored-vinyl-e6fed.jpg

I'm assuming the "Mushroom Records" label is some local North Carolina record shop where your friend bought it?

I have no idea, this is an image of the album I found online. I haven't seen the cover itself since the early 80s.

Thanks for the tip, bouillon, I'll use it.

I find it hard to believe you would consider this to sound like shit:

Communication Breakdown-Good Times, Bad Times-For What It's Worth-I Saw Her Standing There

One of my all time favorite live performances by Led Zeppelin. Just awesome! :bravo:

I also think the sound quality is good too! Although, some versions had poor quality as they were far removed from the source.

Archived