So for my birthday...

zepps_apprentice

So for my 15th birthday, I have a choice between a DSLR Camera, Sony 1080p Camcorder, and a '51 Telecaster Bass. I can only get one of the 3, they are all relatively the same price, so what do you guys think..?

Get the Bass, the enjoyment you get will last a lifetime and there is always Christmas and your next Birthday for the others.

I myself brought my first guitar at 16 and its still with me, its one of my best buddies, always there when i'm down and ready to bring me up again, get the Bass. ;)

Oh and Happy Birthday ZA. :beer:

Regards, Danny

Get the Bass, the enjoyment you get will last a lifetime and there is always Christmas and your next Birthday for the others.

I myself brought my first guitar at 16 and its still with me, its one of my best buddies, always there when i'm down and ready to bring me up again, get the Bass. ;)

Oh and Happy Birthday ZA. :beer:

Regards, Danny

Thanks! It's not until August 18th but I need to consider my gift request before hand. I got my first bass when I was...12. It was so bad haha, the fretting wore out within 3 months of playing, the pickups made a humming sound whenever the neck was 100% volume but it played. Then last year for my 14th birthday I got a 3-Tone Sunburst Fender Jazz bass and I love it. Still play it every day. So I made the old bass fretless. Now I'm lookin' to complete my "Jonsey Collection" with the Tele' bass. :D

Thanks! It's not until August 18th but I need to consider my gift request before hand. I got my first bass when I was...12. It was so bad haha, the fretting wore out within 3 months of playing, the pickups made a humming sound whenever the neck was 100% volume but it played. Then last year for my 14th birthday I got a 3-Tone Sunburst Fender Jazz bass and I love it. Still play it every day. So I made the old bass fretless. Now I'm lookin' to complete my "Jonsey Collection" with the Tele' bass. :D

Thats a great story ZA, well lets hope that you get what you want and Jonesy will have to up his game with a new kid on the block then? :D

Fingers crossed.

Regards, Danny

PS, If my own sons had shown any musical talent i would have brought them all the instruments that they needed but they didnt, so i brought them all a pick lock. :o;):lol:

PS, If my own sons had shown any musical talent i would have brought them all the instruments that they needed but they didnt, so i brought them all a pick lock. :o;):lol:

:o

I am glad, on so many levels, that I don't live near you.

:mad:

So for my 15th birthday, I have a choice between a DSLR Camera, Sony 1080p Camcorder, and a '51 Telecaster Bass. I can only get one of the 3, they are all relatively the same price, so what do you guys think..?

Hello Young Man!

I agree with Danny, get the Bass!! I remember the photos you posted a while back of you playing and IMHO you have a love for it. Get the camcorder or camara next year. :D

Don't forget the burglar masks ;)

Do you think thats why they keep getting caught? i'm on it right now,

"luv? i need a little favour, could you get out your old Burkas i have had an idea?" :lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, What Zepp do you play ZA?

Get a bass, and kick some ass........the rest will come in time.

If you got talent for music, better use it..............and everything will be fine.

Greetings fom another melodyhead, rock on!

Agreed! Rock on!

Happy Birthday! Anyone who is fluent in guitarspeak should have as many as they can, IMO :) Enjoy your day!

Anything man! Even mandolin and piano! I'm still learning The Song Remains The Same, the Lemon Song (solo), No Quarter, pretty much everything off ITTOD. Other than that I know pretty much everything.

Fantastic, get the double neck you're wasted on bass. :D

Regards, Danny

Dude, this is a no-brainer...GET THE '51 TELE BASS!

You'll look so bad-ass playing it, that your folks will say we've got to record this for posterity, and they'll go ahead and buy the camera and camcorder anyway. Everybody wins! :)

Archived