Update

Literally Speaking

Haven't been around much since my brother Charles aka Dzldoc passed away and found a few happy bday wishes that I'd like to thank everyone for, its' been a fairly dismal few months since my bro passed and we laid my dad to rest this past weekend, he also succumbed to cancer of a different type but same end result. :(

It's killing me to watch my family die all around me! :blink:

I know a few of ya'll spoke with my dad when my brother was almost gone and might wish to leave an entry in his guest book they created with the obit, here's a link.

http://obits.nola.com/obituaries/nola/obituary.aspx?n=warren-o-lookhoff&pid=152615437

That's rough going for you, LS...so sad for you and your family. My condolences for your brother Charles and your father. May they rest in peace.

And may you see brighter days ahead.

Sad to read that your dad passed, LS. May peace and strength be with you and comfort you.

I run across some Dzldoc posts every now and again and realize how much I miss your brother and his contributions on the forum.

(I've had some sorta similar things going on in my own circle... and it sucks. No, I take that back... it doesn't suck... it SUCKS!!!!)

:(:angry:

There really isn't any other way to describe it cause there really aren't enough proper words available to do it.... properly ! I'll add this... "it hurts like fucking hell " !!! LOS, sorry to hear that your dealing with hell at the moment. Be brave !

So sorry to hear about another loss for you LS. You've had a really tough year. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family and friends during this difficult time. Have faith and be well!

I don't know about you, but in times of stress, sorrow, and darkness, I frequently turn to music for aid and comfort and solace...to soothe my soul and restore my hope. Since it appears by the posts in this thread that quite a few members here, along with Literally Speaking, are going thru turmoil of their own, and since when I tried to send a pm to one member but kept getting "array error" messages, I thought I would offer some musical solace to not only LS, and LakeofShadows, but anyone here who is going through a tough time.

It goes without saying that each of us has our favourite Led Zeppelin songs that we turn to in sad times("Rain Song", "That's the Way", "Tea For One" are just three that I turn to), but I wanted to think outside the box...so if you don't mind, I give you some music that I hope helps in some small way to comfort you.

Since the board only allows three youtube clips per post, I'll have to make several posts. I wish you all peace of mind.

Being in the NYC area and what occurred from the 9/11 attacks it was quite traumatic and depressing during the days and months that followed. This particular song was released around the time and though somber was very uplifting for me and was quite a big hit, probably due to the aftermath of the terror attacks in the U.S.

This is one of the remixes of this song and the version I like most.

Archived