Hi! I'm Honeybrown1976

Honeybrown1976

I'm a newbie living in Los Angeles (I'm a native of Philadelphia, PA, though). I love Led Zep (obviously), especially Percy.

If you're nice to me, fine.

If you're not, whatever.

I can't promise that I'll be a good girl. What's a good girl doing loving LZ or R&R anyway.

Peace!

Hello Honeybrown, welcome to many hours of lunacy. Feel free to behave as good and bad as you can get, even though it ain't possible here to throw a tv set out of a building, or some action like that.

Have a nice time, rock on!

Hello Honeybrown, welcome to many hours of lunacy. Feel free to behave as good and bad as you can get, even though it ain't possible here to throw a tv set out of a building, or some action like that.

Have a nice time, rock on!

Yay! I'm in a holy house of lunatics. I love it. While I can't throw a t.v., I wouldn't mind sliding down a hotel corridor naked in bubbles.

Whoo-hoo!! Born and raised in North Philadelphia; but, my first apartment was right off Grant and on Ashton Road. Good times!

Welcome to the forum Honeybrown - love Philly, so much I've been about seven times!

Welcome to the forum Honeybrown - love Philly, so much I've been about seven times!

Hey, Ronnie, Love!!

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I love my hometown. I have to get back there. I haven't been back since 2005.

Welcome to the Forum, Honeybrown! :wave:

And, as senior member of the Los Angeles branch, welcome to Los Angeles. I'm sure you're jonesin' for a proper Philly Cheesesteak, and while you probably won't find one as good as back home, there are a few good places in LA among the pretenders.

A couple to try are the Great Western Steak & Hoagie Co. on Lincoln Blvd. in Venice, and Philly's Best Bar & Grill on Westwood Blvd. in West LA, just south of Santa Monica Blvd. They even have Philly-specific potato chips and Tastykakes.

Welcome to the Forum, Honeybrown! :wave:

And, as senior member of the Los Angeles branch, welcome to Los Angeles. I'm sure you're jonesin' for a proper Philly Cheesesteak, and while you probably won't find one as good as back home, there are a few good places in LA among the pretenders.

A couple to try are the Great Western Steak & Hoagie Co. on Lincoln Blvd. in Venice, and Philly's Best Bar & Grill on Westwood Blvd. in West LA, just south of Santa Monica Blvd. They even have Philly-specific potato chips and Tastykakes.

Thanks, Strider!!!

I'll gladly take down these tips! Hopefully, we'll meet one day!

A couple more recommendations...

Philly's Best on 107 E. Broadway, #E, in Glendale. I haven't tried them personally yet, but apparently they are run by some actual Philadelphians.

Then there's THE SHACK on 2518 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica. The Shack: Home of Eagles Nest West

It's more of a sports bar atmosphere because THIS is the place where all the Phillies, Eagles and Flyers fans come to watch their teams. I used to work up the street from The Shack, and when the Eagles played New England in the Super Bowl it was hilarious, because across the street from The Shack is Sonny McLean's Irish Pub. Which of course is where all the Boston team fans in LA go to watch the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins. So for that Super Bowl where it was New England vs. Philadelphia, it was like War of the Sports Bars.

A couple more recommendations...

Philly's Best on 107 E. Broadway, #E, in Glendale. I haven't tried them personally yet, but apparently they are run by some actual Philadelphians.

Then there's THE SHACK on 2518 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica. The Shack: Home of Eagles Nest West

It's more of a sports bar atmosphere because THIS is the place where all the Phillies, Eagles and Flyers fans come to watch their teams. I used to work up the street from The Shack, and when the Eagles played New England in the Super Bowl it was hilarious, because across the street from The Shack is Sonny McLean's Irish Pub. Which of course is where all the Boston team fans in LA go to watch the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins. So for that Super Bowl where it was New England vs. Philadelphia, it was like War of the Sports Bars.

There's a Philly Best in San Dimas that I go to every now and then (I live in La Verne). It's actually pretty good. Haha maybe we'll meet up at The Shack!!!!

There's a Philly Best in San Dimas that I go to every now and then (I live in La Verne). It's actually pretty good. Haha maybe we'll meet up at The Shack!!!!

Haha, just be forewarned that I'm a Raider fan...and I'm still steamed we lost Asomugha to your Eagles! :angry:

Haha, just be forewarned that I'm a Raider fan...and I'm still steamed we lost Asomugha to your Eagles! :angry:

Don't tempt me. I'm known to instigate arguments for the sheer joy of them tongue.gif. I'll only hide under my "innocent-ish" face and "I'm just a girl" stance afterwards biggrin.gif.

You still have scoreboard on the Eagles though. 3 Super Bowls to 0, and head-to-head 1-0. :thumbsup:

:lol:

Archived