Happy Birthday Strider!

Electrophile

Been offline for a couple days, elbows-deep in my car doing critically necessary repairs, but glad to wish you a belated Happy Birthday.

Hope it was a good 'un, muh man!
And many, many more.

^^^Belated or not, your wishes are most welcome and appreciated.

Who is older? You or Rick? Just kidding!!! Happy Birthday!!! Since you don't like Budweiser, drink a few (or more) Rolling Rocks. My birthday wish for you is a possible Anaheim Angels versus Saint Louis Cardinals World Series series.

Thanks. I am 53 now, so Rick is older...and I have been known to roll with the Rolling Rock from time to time.

post-1470-0-82918900-1438381200_thumb.jp

I like rolling with palm trees, too...

post-1470-0-95883700-1438381509_thumb.jp

Here there are no trails...you make your own.

post-1470-0-32161400-1438381637_thumb.jp

Look Ddladner...PELICANS!!!

post-1470-0-76624600-1438381739_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-07185700-1438381829_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-89037500-1438381909_thumb.jp

Not sure what type of bird this was...it wasn't a seagull or a pelican. An egret, maybe?

post-1470-0-96293100-1438381998_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-50485600-1438382067_thumb.jp

Millions of years of erosion.

post-1470-0-62779900-1438382499_thumb.jp

The end of the line...as far as I could go without falling in the ocean.

post-1470-0-58744500-1438382946_thumb.jp

Edited by Strider

^^^ Oh let the sun beat down upon my face! :)

Great saltwater therapy, there! Looks like you are still in glorious celebration mode. I don't blame you, and with Blue Moon Friday and the release of the final LZ reissues, I may do some celebrating with you!

Cool pics, and I especially love the pelicans (of course!). That is a great shot you have of them flying as it looks like a time lapse of a single pelican in flight. Love that the black birds (can't tell if they are ducks?) are watching with much envy, just as they should. ;)

The white bird looks like an egret to me.

• 1 year later...

I know that this thread has been dormant for a year now, but a recent turn of events these past couple of days, has made me all the more determined to bring this thread up and surprise Strider, on the occasion of his birthday. 

So, Happy Birthday Strider! :birthday: You're a gem of a person, with a big heart. I hope you got a chance to open the package that I sent you, a while ago. I wish you nothing but happiness, my friend.

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Thanks a million guys. I get to work on my birthday. But there will be celebrating later on. ✌

46 minutes ago, JTM said:

Ah, you've got your own special thread. Happy Birthday Strider.

You can blame Electrophile for that...she's the one who started this thread. ?

29 minutes ago, BledZabbath said:

Happy Belated Birthday Strider!!!!!

You're not belated at all...it's on the 29th, which is today.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Thanks a million guys. I get to work on my birthday. But there will be celebrating later on. ✌

You can blame Electrophile for that...she's the one who started this thread. ?

You're not belated at all...it's on the 29th, which is today.

Now there is a name from the past.  Have not seen her in ages.  Happy B day again Sean!  I am not sure why you call me old timer?  I thought I was younger or about the same?  Well, we will leave that one alone. The thought of it is terrifying to me

And so, I'm on my way to 56. Thank you to all those who helped usher in my double-nickel year. Your birthday wishes are greatly appreciated and I return birthday wishes to all of you equally. That's one thing I miss with the forum design change...it was easier to check the birthdays before.

Special thanks to Kiwi Zep Fan and Ddladner. My Rush collection just about nearly doubled overnight, haha. So much Rush...and Geddy Lee and I share birthdays. Who woulda thunk?

On 7/29/2017 at 9:19 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Now there is a name from the past.  Have not seen her in ages.  Happy B day again Sean!  I am not sure why you call me old timer?  I thought I was younger or about the same?  Well, we will leave that one alone. The thought of it is terrifying to me

C'mon Rick. You know you're older than me. Let's put it this way...you'll be seeing 60 before me. ?

3 minutes ago, Strider said:

And so, I'm on my way to 56. Thank you to all those who helped usher in my double-nickel year. Your birthday wishes are greatly appreciated and I return birthday wishes to all of you equally. That's one thing I miss with the forum design change...it was easier to check the birthdays before.

Special thanks to Kiwi Zep Fan and Ddladner. My Rush collection just about nearly doubled overnight, haha. So much Rush...and Geddy Lee and I share birthdays. Who woulda thunk?

C'mon Rick. You know you're older than me. Let's put it this way...you'll be seeing 60 before me. ?

Yeah yeah yeah