Led Zeppelin film disscusion

ledzepfilm

• 4 months later...

Re: Bath 1970

Article from the Singapore Straits Times, Sept. 5, 1970:

What a lesson from one blues festival!

...He [Vernon Cornelius] returned from the Bath Blues Festival in Britain armed with evidence of what actually happened. His evidence was recorded in 12 "live" tapes of several top groups like Led Zeppelin, Canned Heat and Keef Hartley; and nine reels of movie film showing the festival in living colour...

Not clear how much is of Zep or whether it's already in circulation.

Vernon Cornelius was a member of the Singapore band the Quests, and had supported the Yardbirds when they played in Singapore. Maybe he had continued his connections with Jimmy and had privileged access and could get away with filming extensively...

http://newspapers.nl...=led%2czeppelin

Update:

Date: February 27th

Film Type: color 8mm film

Filmer: Clive Coulson (?)

Length: 16 minutes, 20 seconds

Venue: Showgrounds

Songs Filmed: Immigrant Song, Heartbreaker, Black Dog, Since I've Been Loving You, Celebration Day, Stairway to Heaven, Going to California, That's the Way, Tangerine, Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, Dazed and Confused, What Is and What Should Never Be, Moby Dick, Rock and Roll, Whole Lotta Love

Some places to find it: Youtube, LZ DVD

Notes: Shot by a roadie for the bands personal archive

• 5 months later...

Nothing new ?

If anything, pro shot or otherwise had come out there would have been a thread, probably in this forum and the news forum. Nothing has come out unfortunately, and as the years pass it looks less likely that more will come out.

Nothing has come out unfortunately, and as the years pass it looks less likely that more will come out.

Yes, the fact there hasn't been a follow-up to the incredibly successful Led Zeppelin DVD release (2003) says it all, really. Even so, I do hope Jimmy's hand-held camera films from Japan '71-'72 are liberated one day. Robert had a hand-held video recorder on him when he was offstage during the 1990 North American tour.

Okay, while looking for some antiques I found a private auction coming up soon with 4 different films of Zeppelin. Two 16mm films and two 8mm films.

I'm not sure what is on the films but they sure look interesting, I'll give an update as soon as I get some more info.

Here is the description:

Led Zeppelin, Lot of 4 Different Films Lot consists of (4) different color and black/white silent films includes (2) 16mm masters plus (2) different color and black/white in super 8mm. Scarce Zeppelin material

LedZeppelinfilms.jpg

Okay, while looking for some antiques I found a private auction coming up soon with 4 different films of Zeppelin. Two 16mm films and two 8mm films.

I'm not sure what is on the films but they sure look interesting, I'll give an update as soon as I get some more info.

Here is the description:

Led Zeppelin, Lot of 4 Different Films Lot consists of (4) different color and black/white silent films includes (2) 16mm masters plus (2) different color and black/white in super 8mm. Scarce Zeppelin material

LedZeppelinfilms.jpg

Seems too good to be true. Probably something that's already out there and easy to get yer hands on. But good, nontheless :/

• 4 months later...

Bumping since Strider noted out that this thread exists...here is a list of TV/Semi Professional/Professional Films of Led Zeppelin. Also, I'd like to hear more about that Central Park 69 footage...

When: 1969

What: Music video for "Communication Breakdown".

Type: Black and White Television Footage

When: March 17th 1969

What: Darnmarks Radio, Stockholm, Sweden

Type: Black and White television footage

When: March 25th 1969

What: Supershow. Middlesex, England

Type: Colored television footage

When: March 27th 1969

What: Beat Club, Germany

When: June 19th 1969

What: Paris, France

Type: 16mm colored footage for television

When: August 31st 1969

What: Texas International Pop Festival, Dallas, Texas

Type: 16mm footage

When: January 9th 1970

What: Royal Albert Hall, London, England

Type: 35mm Film

When: June 22nd 1970

What: Laugardalsholl Hall, Reykjavik, Finland

When: February 27th 1972

Where: Showground, Sydney, Australia

Type: Black and White 16mm Footage

When: May 27th 1972

Where: R.A.I. Amsterdam, Holland

When: May 5th 1973

Where:Tampa Stadium, Tampa, Florida

Type: 16mm colored television footage

When: June 2nd 1973

Where: Kezar Stadium, San Francisco, California

Type: 16mm colored television footage

When: July 27th 28th 29th 1973 and unknown 1974 Shepperton, England

Where: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York

Type: 16mm (Or 35mm? ssellers said 16mm but I've also heard 35mm) colored footage

When: February 7th 1975

Where: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York

Type: 16mm Colored Television Footage

When: May 24th 25th 1975

Where: Earls Court, London, England

Type: Videotape

When: July 17th 1977

Where: Kingdome, Seattle, Washington

When: August 4th 11th 1979

Where: Knebworth Festival, Stevenage, England

Someone just uploaded a snippet from Atlanta Pop Festival and an alternate angle of Sydney 72 on Youtube.

No shit. You see the two threads below this titled NEW FILM: Sydney, Australia and NEW FILM: Atlanta Pop? What do you think those are?

Archived