Belfast 1971

Hello,

I am working on a new Arts and Culture series for BBC1 Northern Ireland and we are making a short film looking at Incredible Gigs and of course, Led Zeppelin premiering Stairway to Heaven tops the poll.

I would love to speak to someone who was there and can reminisce about the performance, and explain how they felt to be part of history.

If this sounds like you please get in touch, preferably if you are based in Northern Ireland.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Mark Ferguson

mark.ferguson@bbc.co.uk

028 903 38121

It might be worth trying to track down Norman Hanna who lived in Belfast and attended and recorded the show.

There is a bit about this on the TBL web site ;

Until recently the only recorded remnant of that Irish visit was their March 6th date at Dublin’s Boxing Stadium. Now in a perfect piece of timing, a very rare recording has emerged of the Belfast Ulster Hall show. It was captured by one Norman Hanna – 20 years old at the time. He smuggled-in a newly purchased Phillips cassette recorder and taped the show some two thirds of the way back with the cassette machine positioned on the floor.

Unsurprisingly this newly discovered tape has been negotiated into the hands of the ever enterprising Japanese label Empress Valley and will probably have emerged by the time you are reading this as a deluxe four CD set containing the Belfast and Dublin shows.

More information here on TBL ;

http://www.tightbutloose.co.uk/tblweb09/?p=9276

Archived