Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Page= King

Last Zeppelin Song You Ever Play

65 members have voted

1. 1. Last Zeppelin Song you Ever Play

• Achillies Last Stand
    • Since I've Been Loving You
    • Stairway to Heaven
    • Dazed and Confused
    • When The Levee Breaks
    • Black Dog
    • Rock and Roll
    • Kashmir
    • The Song Remains The Same
    • Trampled Underfoot
    • Heartbreaker
    • In My Time of Dying

Say the world did actually end in 2012... And you could play one last Zeppelin song (listen to a song or physically play one on an instrument) before I don't know we all drop dead, what would it be?

I picked Achilles Last Stand because I think that's just as appropiate along with IMTOD but I would love to go out with a bang with something like Rock and Roll or the Immigrant Song as well

Edited by Jimmy Page= King

Tough question for me to answer.

On a side note, Kashmir was the last song I listened to in the previous century. An excellent choice to salute the end of the 1900's.

In My Time of Dying................I'd spark up a fat one for old times sake, hug and kiss my wife and children and wait for the end to come.

"Meet me, Jesus, meet me. Meet me in the middle of the air

If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair"

I agree that "Stairway to Heaven" would seem the obvious and very appropriate choice, however, I would have to say that My choice would be the very Under-rated and Classic Led Zeppelin song, "In the Light". The song and its lyrics are so Atmospheric and so Positive. "In the Light You Will Find the Road..." and "Everybody Needs the Light..." Simply Led Zeppelin at It's Best!!!

I agree that "Stairway to Heaven" would seem the obvious and very appropriate choice, however, I would have to say that My choice would be the very Under-rated and Classic Led Zeppelin song, "In the Light". The song and its lyrics are so Atmospheric and so Positive. "In the Light You Will Find the Road..." and "Everybody Needs the Light..." Simply Led Zeppelin at It's Best!!!

In the Light is one of Zeppelin's finest moments and a great song in general. Good choice to "go out" on!

And wouldn't it be nice if we all had that pleasure of picking a song to hear before we go....Hah!

The Rain Song is another good one. Very calming and soothing if you like. Much less intense than Achilles (my pick) and many of the other choice's in the option poll.

Edited by Rock Historian

Chose Achilles Last Stand, although I also had In My Time of Dying and Kashmir in mind... all three are highly appropriate for the occasion... and I love all three... :unsure:

If the world was actually ending I would kidnap the Page, Plant and Jones and make them play it. What could you do about it? We'd all be dead anyways. Gonna send me to corpse jail? They'd probably never talk to me in Rock And Roll Heaven but It'd be worth it.

"Rock and Roll" is my all-time favorite song PERIOD! It along with IMTOD and Stairway are in my will to be played at my funeral.

Risky choice! I've voted for Stairway because that's the tune I would ultimately hum in my head (or sing out loud).

But if I'm gonna die in a badass way, then blast some Kashmir for me!

Absolutely In my Time of Dying. Not only is it amazing, but its also about dying. Lol. Imagine that.

Also: funeral song! Heh.