Photography

zepps_apprentice

Very nice work Mariam. I'd like to get a chance to take pics of some buildings with that much heritage. Our history is so infantile compared your sites.

Thank you. I think you are taking your local sites for granted, I mean something that's completely everyday to you can be very exotic and interesting for someone else. Be proud of what you have.

Thank you. I think you are taking your local sites for granted, I mean something that's completely everyday to you can be very exotic and interesting for someone else. Be proud of what you have.

I don't take them for granted I relish them. As a history teacher I just think it would be rewarding to walk and chronicle some of the ancient sites. Your country has done a good job at preservation of significant places.

I don't take them for granted I relish them. As a history teacher I just think it would be rewarding to walk and chronicle some of the ancient sites. Your country has done a good job at preservation of significant places.

Ah, seems I misinterpreted your earlier post :)

^great shot. Beautiful sky.

The large one has lady Liberty with drawn sword on top is the Pennsylvania Monument and the smaller one is to the First Minnesota Infantry.

They are on Cemetery Ridge this was the position of the Union army that Pickett attacked on the final day of the Battle. If you face in the direction of the statues, you can see the long slow sweeping fields that the confederates attempted to cross and attack the North's position. Longstreet lost almost his entire division. Simply outrageous to consider the carnage in that battle. What do the Brits say about Anzac? Lest we never forget.