Photography

zepps_apprentice

Thank you Pagefan55.

Don't know why you can't see my photos WLL4LZ.

Anyway, here's couple of pics from our capital city Helsinki. First the most famous landmark, Helsinki Cathedral:

PA310003_zps6e40a5ed.jpg

Another famous landmark, the Uspenski Cathedral:

PA310014_zps5d507c32.jpg

Inside the Uspenski Cathedral:

PA310018_zps1079b131.jpg

^ Knew I was missing something good - what beautiful photos Marlam!

For some reason I can't see your last few photos when I use my mobile(which I nearly always use) but can see them now on my laptop.

The last 2 bring back good memories from when I visited Helsinki quite a few years ago now - many hours wandering around the city - spending time at the cathedrals taking photos from every angle. Not religious but love churches - especially the inside of Orthodox ones - so beautiful. Think we jumped on trams (?) - people were lovely.

^ Knew I was missing something good - what beautiful photos Marlam!

For some reason I can't see your last few photos when I use my mobile(which I nearly always use) but can see them now on my laptop.

The last 2 bring back good memories from when I visited Helsinki quite a few years ago now - many hours wandering around the city - spending time at the cathedrals taking photos from every angle. Not religious but love churches - especially the inside of Orthodox ones - so beautiful. Think we jumped on trams (?) - people were lovely.

Thank you. Did you visit Suomenlinna fortress? I've always wanted to go there but never had time. Perhaps next year.

G20 here next week

post-27314-0-85970100-1415398068_thumb.j

'Did you hear that?! Our Prime Minister says he's going to shirtfront* Putin at the G20 next week!'

post-27314-0-17591000-1415398137.jpeg

*Shirtfront: Old Australian slang for high tackle/block in Australian rules football.

So proud (not)

Marlam, if you don't mind sharing, what brand and or model camera do you use? My camera went bouncing down a set of cement stairs like a Slinky. I would like to buy a new one without going too crazy on the price. I'd like one that is good for taking photos at concerts - cell phones take horrible photos under the bright lights of a show. But it also has to be a model that is allowed into a concert venue.

I've got a few photos taken with my cell phone that I'd like to share. Somehow I was able to get a doe to pose for me :-).

post-19941-0-55763500-1415553483_thumb.j

post-19941-0-62427400-1415553496_thumb.j

post-19941-0-47785600-1415553522_thumb.j

post-19941-0-93132200-1415553545_thumb.j