Photography

zepps_apprentice

On 20.11.2017 at 1:27 PM, chillumpuffer said:

If that is your house Led, it looks fantastic

No, it's not our house. We took a trip to the countryside on saturday and it's just me in front of a typical slate house in my home region.

I liked your pictures from the Peak very much. Never heard of that region.

13 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

No, it's not our house. We took a trip to the countryside on saturday and it's just me in front of a typical slate house in my home region.

I liked your pictures from the Peak very much. Never heard of that region.

For your information Led. It is also the most visited National Park in Europe. The other weekend we had dinner and cocktails in Manchester and went for a walk in our local area on Sunday. I love that we can do this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_District

On 22.11.2017 at 8:24 AM, chillumpuffer said:

For your information Led. It is also the most visited National Park in Europe. The other weekend we had dinner and cocktails in Manchester and went for a walk in our local area on Sunday. I love that we can do this.

It looks like Rohan, very nice. Seems like a great region for hiking. And the Bakewell pudding looks quite tasty.

35 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:

It looks like Rohan, very nice. Seems like a great region for hiking. And the Bakewell pudding looks quite tasty.

It is a wonderful place to live. Bakewell Pud and tart is a speciality. I'm not that keen to be honest but Mrs CP never says no. To give you some sort of feeling. We live in a small peak village but it has excellent trains to Manchester and a bus every half hour which takes straight to Manchester airport. The canal weaves it's way through many villages and I use it often on my bike as I don't drive. This is just across the road from the house. Great region for Hiking? You bet it is. In fact it is THE best in England for it. Makes me want to strap on the boots for a brisk 10 miler this weekend:D. We have friends over on Saturday evening for dinner so it may be just what we need to walk off the excesses !

In a Peak village like the one in the picture you posted last week? Wow, that's fantastic. And a lot of space to breathe, I suppose.

We are cyclists, too. The biggest advantage of living in a big city is that we don't need a car. I use carsharing (is it called car club in the UK?) for 15 years now.

I love cycling along our canal, the River Rhine, but mostly it's a Tour de France feeling with hundreds of other cyclists around ...

Have a nice excessive weekend.

Not the best pic, but I saw my first urban bald eagle ever.  Tried to get closer after I took this, but I spooked him and it took off.  Left that tree and flapped his wings once, and coasted a 1/4 mile to another  tree.  I was damn impressed.    

20171106_110845.jpg

On 22.11.2017 at 9:24 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Over 10 million visitors, wow! There's only 5,5 million people in Finland!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...