Photography

zepps_apprentice

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

IMG_7401.thumb.jpg.e0888ff3b4719087b345d530f86368f7.jpg

Close-ups are so cool. I've been looking at electron microscope pics on You Tube. Stunning how clear they are with lots of depth of field.

This guy was in my shower. I just let him live there.

DADDY LONG LEGS-1.jpg

On 10/19/2020 at 7:11 AM, redrum said:

Close-ups are so cool. I've been looking at electron microscope pics on You Tube. Stunning how clear they are with lots of depth of field.

This guy was in my shower. I just let him live there.

DADDY LONG LEGS-1.jpg

Do you guys also call these guys "Daddy Long Legs"? or is that an Aussie thing?

9 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Do you guys also call these guys "Daddy Long Legs"? or is that an Aussie thing?

Yep. 'Daddy Long Legs.' I know you have some nasty ones down there too. I know a guy in Perth.

Saw this one at a birthday party.

SPIDER.JPG

On 10/23/2020 at 4:33 AM, redrum said:

Yep. 'Daddy Long Legs.' I know you have some nasty ones down there too. I know a guy in Perth.

Saw this one at a birthday party.

SPIDER.JPG

Fucking hell mate, that ain't no Daddy Long Legs. LOL.... that's a frikin' NIGHTMARE. The daddy longlegs we get you can let walk all over you as they are just spindly little things (can be quite big, but just tiny) as per - 

DADDY LONG LEGS-1.jpg

AFAIK it is the definition of a DLL that it is the above. Nothing more.

Now other Australian spiders on the other hand......

Spider Identification Chart • Distribution • Venom Toxicity • First Aid

I have had close encounters with Funnel-webs, Mouse Spiders, Wolf Spiders (they are skittish and jump) the Garden Orb, Huntsmens (had one crawl up between my legs while I was driving home from work one day - a great story), Trap-doors, St Andres Cross - which are very common - but harmless, and of course red-backs. None bit me. You see them and you deal with them. They were much worse in NSW. QLD seems to be far better. (Wolf Spiders are a pest though)

On 10/24/2020 at 2:39 AM, rm2551 said:

Fucking hell mate, that ain't no Daddy Long Legs. LOL.... that's a frikin' NIGHTMARE. The daddy longlegs we get you can let walk all over you as they are just spindly little things (can be quite big, but just tiny) as per - 

DADDY LONG LEGS-1.jpg

AFAIK it is the definition of a DLL that it is the above. Nothing more.

Now other Australian spiders on the other hand......

Spider Identification Chart • Distribution • Venom Toxicity • First Aid

I have had close encounters with Funnel-webs, Mouse Spiders, Wolf Spiders (they are skittish and jump) the Garden Orb, Huntsmens (had one crawl up between my legs while I was driving home from work one day - a great story), Trap-doors, St Andres Cross - which are very common - but harmless, and of course red-backs. None bit me. You see them and you deal with them. They were much worse in NSW. QLD seems to be far better. (Wolf Spiders are a pest though)

Spider Man can kiss my ass. 😄 To me, they're all 8 legged monsters. The red back looks like a black widow. I had a black widow take up residence in one of my saddlebags. Very lucky I wasn't bitten. They are nasty. We also have the brown recluse. Had a friend bitten by one in the south and man, it's awful to look at the wound. The black widow has the red hour glass on the belly.

Latrodectus - Wikipedia

Pin on our amazing body

14 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Yeah, I agree they are monsters. I have been lucky, but I fricking HATE them. Some friends of ours are all about "let them live". Fuck that, As soon as I see one I reach for my thong and squash that fucker.

image.png.0776c57ae01233bf9a2edf7628bae36a.png

Me too. No one asked you into my house. SPLAT!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...