Robert Plant New Album?

royalrumpus

I can tell you this, it could easily be true. The guy (Robert) is an extremely ambitious musician,and he wants to make some much more . God Bless Him.

I imagine we'll see another Band of Joy record before we see a follow up to Raising Sand. It wasn't that long ago that he expressed a desire to start writing new material with Buddy Miller. Since none of those songs have surfaced in their Band of Joy sets (at least to my knowledge), hopefully they'll appear on the next Plant album.

hey...i think its great, to hear -robert plant with some heavy bluegrass music.... would be more and more cool, especially with no cymbals crashing around him. with that drum sound, american indian or whatever its influence, stuff like -house of cards is really -when the levee breaks heavy in regard.

hey...i think its great, to hear -robert plant with some heavy bluegrass music....

Despite what his detractors on this board have had to say about his last couple records, I still haven't heard anything from Plant that I'd mistake for Bill Monroe or Flatt & Scruggs. When I see the word "bluegrass" I'm thinking more in terms of "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" than the more ol' timey Appalachia-inflected material Plant has delved into.

Despite what his detractors on this board have had to say about his last couple records, I still haven't heard anything from Plant that I'd mistake for Bill Monroe or Flatt & Scruggs. When I see the word "bluegrass" I'm thinking more in terms of "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" than the more ol' timey Appalachia-inflected material Plant has delved into.

I don't hear that either. Even the record he made with Krauss had more of a rootsie bluesy swamp twang than anything else. Percy can make more albums like Band of Joy for the rest of his natural life and I'd be more than happy.

A second Plant/Krauss album is no longer planned. Some initial recording sessions were held in 2009 but they both felt the material was unsuitable and the project was scrapped.

It's posted on here somewhere but I remember reading a more recent interview where he said they didn't rule out giving a follow up to Raising Sand a second shot. Whether that will actually happen or not is anyone's guess.

yeah i guess its an interesting hybrid, and what term i dont know, but still a transition from this big grammy collaboration album with -alison krauss. i mean i dont know how to describe this particular record, because he has -buddy miller playing great on those -low covers, so that in itself is cool. i also was actually thinking how plant gets the right drumming for all his records and bands. i guess i could start a thread on that...from phil collins,cozy powell, ritchie hayward, chris blackwell, michael lee and now these guys...with no cymbal bashing at all, just lumbering solid drumming, but great for the songs.

i was talking to my neighbor who is a big blue grass fan, since 75, and actually he mentioned the -plant and band of joy at merle fest this year. so i said what i thought of the record and the plant/krauss record and the approach and the drumming... he was like, the band of joy at merlefest was phat sounding bluegrass. he thought plant came up with something that is very original and interesting sounding in the bluegrass world.

he also just saw alison krauss and union station and he said they are like like at a -perfect level...that they cant get any better at all. i mean hey, alison krauss' voice is perfect...and i dont want to even say that, but to hear her live is amazing. but from what i understand from this long time fan, is that its up at a level with a -paul mccartney show, what he said. which i guess he is a beatles fan.

Good to hear this about Alison as I will be seeing her and Union Station next month at ACL. Looking forward to it to say the least.

hey cool, enjoy the show. yeah this is coming from a def music fan. i worked for this guy and his wife a few times and he always has music going on in the house. def a music fan and knows what he is talking about, sees tons of shows, and was freaking about alisons and union station place now. he was saying they just cant get any beter....and saying perfection, which music fans dont do alot ya know.

Archived