Up Close And Personal

zepps_apprentice

these pics are wonderful. thanks for posting!

quite afew new ones, for me.

just an idea, how about putting some in the " whose that bloke with percy ..... " thread? and PLEASE, if you do, can you write who the other people are ( i'm a bit thick .... usually i have no idea who they are ! :blink::) )

After a few hours scouring my hard drive I did find this.

Theres a very good reason it's in Black & White...

Thank you so much. I found a carnation on my walk home today. Of the hundreds and hundreds of hours I have walked over the spring and summer months, it is the first time I have found a carnation. I will post a photo of it later on this evening. Thank you so much for taking that much time to try to find a colour photo. That was really nice of you and I definitely wasn't expecting it.

Thank you so much. I found a carnation on my walk home today. Of the hundreds and hundreds of hours I have walked over the spring and summer months, it is the first time I have found a carnation. I will post a photo of it later on this evening. Thank you so much for taking that much time to try to find a colour photo. That was really nice of you and I definitely wasn't expecting it.

Oh it's quite alright I knew I had a copy of it somewhere it was just unfiled in a Misc folder, looking forward to see ing it :)

Oh it's quite alright I knew I had a copy of it somewhere it was just unfiled in a Misc folder, looking forward to see ing it :)

299550_10150336774787681_577387680_8200627_785232981_n.jpg

I think someone put it in my path on purpose obviously, but it was neat to find anyhow, especially considering I bought a porcelain one to give him just minutes previous to finding it.

It's strange that Jimmy is wearing one actually. When some fans bought him a huge bunch of flowers on the first UK Firm show, he thanked them and said he would wear a spray of the gypsophila from it onstage ( which he did) but not one of the carnations because carnations mean death. Remembering how adamant he was about it, I've personally never bought any since.

It's strange that Jimmy is wearing one actually. When some fans bought him a huge bunch of flowers on the first UK Firm show, he thanked them and said he would wear a spray of the gypsophila from it onstage ( which he did) but not one of the carnations because carnations mean death. Remembering how adamant he was about it, I've personally never bought any since.

I have always known carnations to be used for celebrations and even death could mean the end of something that was bad. Here is a positive definition:

"Some historians believe that the name "carnation" comes from "coronation" or "corone" (meaning flower garlands), because it was one of the flowers used in Greek ceremonial crowns. Others think the name has its origin from the Greek carnis (flesh), referring to the original color of the flower, or incarnacyon (incarnation), which refers to the incarnation of God made flesh."

I should add to that, all of the symbolic events that have been happening in my personal life lately have been extremely positive and considering the smile and look of happiness on his face in the photo where he is wearing one, I take it as a very good sign.

Archived