A Rockstar you dislike?

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Funnily enough, I find Eric Clapton to be a bit of a toffey nose. Don't hate him but I don't think I'd enjoy meeting the man.

I read the book from the guy who built him a couple of guitars and when they were ready Clapton sent some other guy to pick them up. I mean, wouldn't you want the actual customer to try out the guitar that you just made for him/her just to get some feedback? Is Clapton living in an ivory tower?

I read the book from the guy who built him a couple of guitars and when they were ready Clapton sent some other guy to pick them up. I mean, wouldn't you want the actual customer to try out the guitar that you just made for him/her just to get some feedback? Is Clapton living in an ivory tower?

I don't know the man but rightly or wrongly, that's exactly the impression I have of him. I saw an interview with him ages a go and he came across as a real egotist. Maybe I'm not being fair enough but it realy rubbed me the wrong way and dampened my opinion of the guy

Living in one cost him his son and that is tragic and was traumatic for him as it would be for any parent.

I think he has mellowed a lot over the years.

While I'm not a great fan his blues stuff, he has produced some great rock solos over the years and even the best guitarists pull face melts (even Jimmy Page) and they aren't always pretty!.

John Mellencamp, uber-obnoxious since Day 1. Creem magazine once described him as "Bruce Springsteen for the hearing impaired." :)

EDIT: My apologies... I realize now I already mentioned him before. It's a bit of overkill on my part, as the guy is semi-retired.

What about pop stars we dislike, or is that too easy? I nominate Beyonce, undertalented and way overrated, IMO.

John Mellencamp, uber-obnoxious since Day 1. Creem magazine once described him as "Bruce Springsteen for the hearing impaired." :)

I think he's toned down his "Little Bastard" persona since those days but I can also find him to still be annoying at times. Several years back when he was singing the praises of Leadbelly (and folk music in general) he didn't even bother to spell "fascists" correctly on his guitar. In an attempt to pay homage to Woody Guthrie, he had scribbled "This Machine Kills Fascists" on the side of his acoustic.

Archived