A Rockstar you dislike?

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

I'd like to know why you think Ted is tacky and low class. You know, his first manager ripped him off. Despite all those sold out tours and gold albums in the 70s Ted was flat broke going into the 80s. Ted worked his ass off to recover from that and has played more than 6,000 shows. He's a got a beautiful home and a loving family. He's loyal to his friends. I don't get why you'd disparage him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BomWbtXWbA8

I don't know anything about his financial status or his family or his house. I don't like the way he speaks disrespectfully of other artists and public figures.

I'd like to know why you think Ted is tacky and low class. You know, his first manager ripped him off. Despite all those sold out tours and gold albums in the 70s Ted was flat broke going into the 80s. Ted worked his ass off to recover from that and has played more than 6,000 shows. He's a got a beautiful home and a loving family. He's loyal to his friends. I don't get why you'd disparage him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BomWbtXWbA8

I agree with you Steve that Nugent is a great guitarist and one hell of a showman. On the other hand I completely disagree with his fascist political stance, his misogynistic attitude toward women, and his utter lack of respect for anyone who does not share his views 100%. If that does not scream low class I really have no concept of what does. Bottom line, I would see him in concert because I love and respect his talent, but outside the arena I would not give him the time of day.

As far as Nugent goes, I think a lot of people also have a problem with the fact that when he was 30, he had a relationship with a 17 year old and went so far as to have himself assigned her legal guardian to make it kosher. Pretty creepy. Like many extreme right-wingers, his rhetoric about morality and his own behavior don't quite jive.

And regardless of your politics, it's classless to say something like this: "Obama's a piece of shit, and I told him to suck on my machine gun."

As far as Nugent goes, I think a lot of people also have a problem with the fact that when he was 30, he had a relationship with a 17 year old and went so far as to have himself assigned her legal guardian to make it kosher. Pretty creepy. Like many extreme right-wingers, his rhetoric about morality and his own behavior don't quite jive.

Especially if you consider 'legal guardian' gives the impression of a father figure. Not kosher at all. 13 years isn't that huge an age difference however. I know someone who at 16 got married to a 36 year old and they are still together decades later. The difference being they got married with her parents blessing.

As far as Nugent goes, I think a lot of people also have a problem with the fact that when he was 30, he had a relationship with a 17 year old and went so far as to have himself assigned her legal guardian to make it kosher. Pretty creepy.

Well, anyone who knew Pele Massa back then would understand why Ted had to have her. :P Besides, Pele's parents gave them their blessing and consent. I think they were thrilled she didn't end up with some drug-infested maggot.

Especially if you consider 'legal guardian' gives the impression of a father figure. Not kosher at all. 13 years isn't that huge an age difference however. I know someone who at 16 got married to a 36 year old and they are still together decades later. The difference being they got married with her parents blessing.

Well I guess I'm happy it worked out for them, but really, why would a 36 year old (man I assume) want to marry a 16 year old girl (assumed again)? The parents gave their blessing on this? Where exactly was this?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Ted Nugent - average guitarist, low class individual

I don't agree with his politics but his first record (without the Amboy Dukes) I beleive it was 1974 rocked. Stranglehold amazing, and every other song on that record. He lost me with Cat Scratch fever.

And regardless of your politics, it's classless to say something like this: "Obama's a piece of shit, and I told him to suck on my machine gun."

Remeber Jimmy had a fling with a 14 year old Lori M. He obviously didn't become her gaurdian and then marry her, but none-the less...It was the 70's and the groupie thing was what it was. Don't get me wrong I love Jimmy.

Well I guess I'm happy it worked out for them, but really, why would a 36 year old (man I assume) want to marry a 16 year old girl (assumed again)? The parents gave their blessing on this? Where exactly was this?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

They were and still are very much in love. Age is a funny thing. Maturity is more of an issue when it comes to something like marriage. It was in Canada.

I agree with you Steve that Nugent is a great guitarist and one hell of a showman. On the other hand I completely disagree with his fascist political stance, his misogynistic attitude toward women, and his utter lack of respect for anyone who does not share his views 100%. If that does not scream low class I really have no concept of what does. Bottom line, I would see him in concert because I love and respect his talent, but outside the arena I would not give him the time of day.

Totally summed up what I was trying to say. thank-you.

Well, anyone who knew Pele Massa back then would understand why Ted had to have her. :P Besides, Pele's parents gave them their blessing and consent. I think they were thrilled she didn't end up with some drug-infested maggot.

Yes, Pele's parents were the model of good parenting letting their underage daughter's middle aged boyfriend be her legal guardian so that he could legally fuck her without fear of criminal charges. Such a swell guy.

And he made Nancy Reagan proud since he was able to say no to drugs and alcohol. You are right that some rock stars can be such maggots. They don't adopt their underage girlfriend and they abuse drugs and alcohol such as smack and Jack Daniels.

Sorry Steve, have to disagree with you bigtime. According to the law in most cases it is considered rape and psychologically speaking it is borderline pedophelia. I don't care what the child looked like she was a child. I also believe Jimmy's relationship with Lori Maddox was both disgusting and disturbing, a 14 year old child and a 28 year old man. It's a shame that if a person has fame and money what they can get away with, however if you are an average Joe, in either circumstance you would be looking at serious jail time.

One last point, if your 14 or 16 year old daughter were being banged by some famous musician twice her age would YOU be ok with that? Exactly how much money are your children worth? If it were my daughter I would put her into treatment and have the musician locked up, if that did not work I would go to the MSM, pitch a fit and ruin the dirtbags career.

Sorry Steve, have to disagree with you bigtime. According to the law in most cases it is considered rape and psychologically speaking it is borderline pedophelia. I don't care what the child looked like she was a child. I also believe Jimmy's relationship with Lori Maddox was both disgusting and disturbing, a 14 year old child and a 28 year old man. It's a shame that if a person has fame and money what they can get away with, however if you are an average Joe, in either circumstance you would be looking at serious jail time.

Agreed. Steve's rationale for a 30 year old adopting a 17 year old so he can legally bang her appears to be:

1) Ted couldn't help it because she was hot, so it's OK.

2) Her parents didn't mind her being an underage groupie, so it's OK.

3) If she was going to be an underage groupie, at least it was for someone who didn't do drugs. Nugent being the lesser of evils, it's OK.

Yes, Pele's parents were the model of good parenting letting their underage daughter's middle aged boyfriend be her legal guardian so that he could legally fuck her without fear of criminal charges. Such a swell guy.

And he made Nancy Reagan proud since he was able to say no to drugs and alcohol. You are right that some rock stars can be such maggots. They don't adopt their underage girlfriend and they abuse drugs and alcohol such as smack and Jack Daniels.

Well said.

Some of us girls know what it's like to be "in love" with an older man; its a crazy, heady experience that most are not ready for. When I was 13, I fell "in luuuvve" with a 20 year old guy. I lied to him about my age, but because I was 13 and thought I knew it all, I slipped up; and he found out. He dumped me on the spot. It hurt like hell, and I was angry with him for it. Yet, as an adult, I can respect him for caring enough about himself and me to tell me to take a hike.

How some people can try to spin such sick behavior like Nugent's is beyond me. We have laws for a freaking reason....especially when there are fools out there who shirk their responsibilities as parents.

Very True like I said before I love Jimmy, but this has always bothered me. Unfortunately it wasn't just Jimmy & Ted I think it was more common than we realize which doesn't make it okay. Chuck Berry back in the day and I'm sure others did the same. I would strongly hope that this is not something tolerated today but I'm probably wrong.

Archived