A Rockstar you dislike?

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Eminem - Two felony charges involving a concealed weapon, demeaning lyrics about women and other minorities and singing about killing his wife. just a gangsta-wanna be. Yea, he's a "good figure"!

And although the 2-Pac (another thug) lyrics are more thought-provoking, the music itself sounds like a million other rap beats. No originality in the music at all. I did think some early hip-hop (LL Cool J comes to mind) had some decent lyrics and interesting music, but it all went downhill form there. I even gave B.o.B a listen recently and he's done some interesting stuff - especially the stuff that sounds more old school.

But a couple gems in a mine of crap won't change my opinion.

Eminem - Two felony charges involving a concealed weapon, demeaning lyrics about women and other minorities and singing about killing his wife. just a gangsta-wanna be. Yea, he's a "good figure"!

And although the 2-Pac (another thug) lyrics are more thought-provoking, the music itself sounds like a million other rap beats. No originality in the music at all. I did think some early hip-hop (LL Cool J comes to mind) had some decent lyrics and interesting music, but it all went downhill form there. I even gave B.o.B a listen recently and he's done some interesting stuff - especially the stuff that sounds more old school.

''Soul of a women was created below''

Those ''Demeaning lyrics towards women''

He did it to take the piss out of people.

And What are you thinking saying tupac is just ''another thug'' is just childish.

He helped raise awarness and although he became thuggish in his laters years he was signed to death row a gangsta rap label.

And what are you talking about a ''couple of gems''

2pac,Wu Tang,NWA,BIG,Dre,Snoop,Nas,Eazy E,Rakim,Ice t etc are nnot just a couple of gems

I don't get why your commenting on originality on a Zeppelin forum considering they took there fair share!

Ok, let's move beyond the Rap, East coast-Wast coast war thang and return to other disgusting and undesirable musicians to bashbiggrin.gif

EVH is a hypocrite and a joke. He should know like every musician there are good days and bad days. When I saw VH in Phoenix in 1984 they sucked bigtime. If you think Jimmy was sub-par 1977-1980 he was friggin Joe Satriani compared to the trainwreck EVH delivered that night. I mean he literally played as if he never picked up a guitar...horrible. I was a hugh EVH fan up until that point. I had a friend who had seen concerts since 1978 and he told me EVH plays like this when wasted and that was the reason for the bad performance. This I agree with and EVH should have known better from his own personal experience. EVH even dissed Hendrix as a sloppy player...WTF??? That was not sloppy playing, that was creativity!

After some research, I'd have to add the Gallagher brothers to my list:

"We're not arrogant, we just believe we're the best band in the world" - Noel Gallagher

"It's hard to be modest at times like this, so I won't even try... you're all shite!" - Noel Gallagher

"There's Elvis and me, I couldn't say which of the two is best" - Liam Gallagher

(on Radiohead's new album) "A thousand year old tree? Go f*ck yourself! You’d have thought he’d have written a song about a modern tree or one that was planted last week. You know what I mean?" - Liam Gallagher

(On Victoria Beckham) "She can't even chew gum and walk in a straight line, let alone write a book" - Liam Gallagher

(at MTV video awards) "Alright, this party's sh*t and we're here to liven it up" - Liam Gallagher.

(On coldplay + Radiohead fans) "I think their fans are boring and ugly and don't look like they're having a good time." - Liam Gallagher

And I used to work security for concerts and KISS was playing one night. After the dress rehersal Gene Simmons walked by and I said "Hello". He turned to me and asked "Hey, what's the legal age to f%#@ someone in this strate without getting in trouble?" I stopped being a KISS fan that day.

Sorry Steve, have to disagree with you bigtime. According to the law in most cases it is considered rape and psychologically speaking it is borderline pedophelia. I don't care what the child looked like she was a child. I also believe Jimmy's relationship with Lori Maddox was both disgusting and disturbing, a 14 year old child and a 28 year old man. It's a shame that if a person has fame and money what they can get away with, however if you are an average Joe, in either circumstance you would be looking at serious jail time.

I agree 100%

After some research, I'd have to add the Gallagher brothers to my list:

"We're not arrogant, we just believe we're the best band in the world" - Noel Gallagher

"It's hard to be modest at times like this, so I won't even try... you're all shite!" - Noel Gallagher

"There's Elvis and me, I couldn't say which of the two is best" - Liam Gallagher

(on Radiohead's new album) "A thousand year old tree? Go f*ck yourself! You’d have thought he’d have written a song about a modern tree or one that was planted last week. You know what I mean?" - Liam Gallagher

(On Victoria Beckham) "She can't even chew gum and walk in a straight line, let alone write a book" - Liam Gallagher

(at MTV video awards) "Alright, this party's sh*t and we're here to liven it up" - Liam Gallagher.

(On coldplay + Radiohead fans) "I think their fans are boring and ugly and don't look like they're having a good time." - Liam Gallagher

And I used to work security for concerts and KISS was playing one night. After the dress rehersal Gene Simmons walked by and I said "Hello". He turned to me and asked "Hey, what's the legal age to f%#@ someone in this strate without getting in trouble?" I stopped being a KISS fan that day.

Again I'd say that shows the difference between Noel just having an bit of an ego(which was somewhat justofed in the mid 90's) and Liam being an asshole who's as thick as two short planks.

Axl Rose - I do not like his voice

Gross but....when I hear Welcome to the Jungle with his I wanna watch you bleed line....it causes me to want to store used tampons in the freezer and whip them at him. Sorry. I know that's gross but I can't even describe in words how offensive I find those words.

Gross but....when I hear Welcome to the Jungle with his I wanna watch you bleed line....it causes me to want to store used tampons in the freezer and whip them at him. Sorry. I know that's gross but I can't even describe in words how offensive I find those words.

When I say "I" dont like his vocie, it's only my opinion, if you like it, it's ok! No offense intended. :)

When I say "I" dont like his vocie, it's only my opinion, if you like it, it's ok! No offense intended. :)

Sorry about that....I meant what I was about to say was gross. I am sorry if I made you feel bad. I don't like his voice either although I do like a couple of songs they do. Civil War and a ballad I can't remember the name of offhand.

Careful. Careful. Music of the 20th and 21st centuries have been created, imitated, and regurgitated. Originality is an extremely hard concept to come by.

Also, it's not a good thing to bash an entire genre of music when one has little knowledge of the said genre. It doesn't make the "complainer" look good at all. I sincerely doubt, hell, I'd bet you really only know a handful, if that, of the musicians in rap/hip-hop considering the vastness of the genre.

As for thuggery, every genre has thugs, from rock to country to blues. It's lazy to call one genre or people in said genre thugs.

Back to the topic at hand, Axl Rose is really up there for me. He takes himself way too seriously. Also, I have a love-hate relationship with Paul McCartney. As much as I love his musical contributions, I just wish he knew how to live without being married; but, then again, maybe I'm biased, wink.gif. Pretty much the usual suspects have been mentioned, though.

Usher - UGGHHH!!!!!! Just UGGHHH!!!

Meat Loaf - ******ZZZZZZZZZZ********

Sting - How can a guy as boring and uncreative as him still be popular? Never understood his appeal. His voice is nothing special either. Just me I guess.

Nickelback - Rock and Roll murders since 1995.

I have more but I think that's good enough for the time being.

Sting - How can a guy as boring and uncreative as him still be popular? Never understood his appeal. His voice is nothing special either. Just me I guess.

Nickelback - Rock and Roll murders since 1995.

Aw, I like Sting. But, then again, when I'm soaking in a bath with candles lit, I'll play him. Dang, I'm not helping his case, am I?

What's with the Nickelback hate? Someone please explain. Not that I'm a fan of theirs. It's just that I've seen it across various message boards. It's quite funny.

What's with the Nickelback hate? Someone please explain. Not that I'm a fan of theirs. It's just that I've seen it across various message boards. It's quite funny.

I don't hate them but I do find them very generic. They, along with several other bands such as Three Doors Down are like the modern day equivalent of REO Speedwagon, Styx, Journey, Kansas, Foreigner, Boston, etc. In fact, they're so generic that not only is it hard to distinguish their songs from those of their peers but their own songs oftentimes sound identical to one another.

I don't hate them but I do find them very generic. They, along with several other bands such as Three Doors Down are like the modern day equivalent of REO Speedwagon, Styx, Journey, Kansas, Foreigner, Boston, etc. In fact, they're so generic that not only is hard to distinguish their songs from those of their peers but their own songs oftentimes sound identical to one another.

Gotcha. I totally agree, especially with modern equivalency of REO Speedwagon, etc. The blinders are off.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived