Zeppelin Led

I don't want to inundate Nutrocker's PM facility, but he's put together an excellent compilation of the 1977 No Quarter "boogie" sections.

It cements what we already knew about Led Zeppelin. I highly recommend it.

I don't want to inundate Nutrocker's PM facility, but he's put together an excellent compilation of the 1977 No Quarter "boogie" sections.

It cements what we already knew about Led Zeppelin. I highly recommend it.

Thanks, Jabe...I'd been thinking about compiling all the Boogie Jams together in one go for a while now, and a spot of rain (can't really work when it's raining) allowed me to do so. PM me if you wanna hear the results.

Both versions of Black Dog I've heard from 77, they just go straight into it with no intro.

Thanks for answering my question, MM and Nutrocker, I haven't had the pleasure of listening to those shows. Were they as weak as '75 versions?

That's a mystery right up there with the ol' Caramilk Secret indeed...be nice if someone who actually attended that May 30 show could confirm it or not ;)

The circulating audience recording gives every indication that the band returned to the stage following "Rock And Roll". Considering a) they pretty much kicked ass that night and b ) it was the last night of a four night run it sorta makes sense that they came back and did another encore- "Trampled Under Foot" would be my guess (they last did it as second encore in Houston) but something like "Black Dog" or "Heartbreaker" isn't beyond the scope, either. But still, listen to the audience start to go fuckin' bananas right before the tape cuts out on the recording...just the same, unless an alternate source for the show pops up (soundboard??!!) or the master recording of the circulating AUD source miraculously appears with the missing encore, or somebody who attended the gig comes forward and confirms, we'll never know for sure...but I -among others- am convinced on the basis of the audience recording that they did come back and do another song. The two 'aborted' gigs aside (Tampa and 4-9-77 in Chicago), Tempe is the only '77 show where there were no encores played at all, for a variety of good reasons...

According to The Concert File by Dave Lewis, the band played both Rock And Roll & Trampled Under Foot as encores. Apparently officials from the Soviet embassy were in attendence, and according to Peter Grant there was some interest in Led Zeppelin playing a Russian show; but the plans were shelved after Plants son died.

According to The Concert File by Dave Lewis, the band played both Rock And Roll & Trampled Under Foot as encores. Apparently officials from the Soviet embassy were in attendence, and according to Peter Grant there was some interest in Led Zeppelin playing a Russian show; but the plans were shelved after Plants son died.

Yeah, I read that just the other day actually...it should be mentioned of course that as great as The Concert File is, there are some inaccuracies; Lewis seems to get a bit of his research straight from the recordings with no outside corroboration. With that said, I'd still rather hear exactly what the second encore was on May 30 from someone who was actually at the concert (assuming that they remember). Though I'm pretty sure it would have been "Trampled Under Foot". What I really wanna know, though, is why is it missing on the recording (odd place for the tape to run out- another seven minutes or so and they woulda had the whole show!)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Jimmy started playing with Pickup Switch during the Noise Solo on 6/14 or 6/19/77? It's there on 6/19, but he hadn't started using it yet on 6/13, and since the last portion of 6/14 is missing, I have no way of knowing.

Archived