College Football 2011

Walter

Clemson whupped Auburn :(

but 'Bama whupped N Texas :) (Actually, this one was almost embarassing to watch. I kinda felt sorry for the N Texas team.)

I realize that there is a big rivalry between Alabama and Auburn, but I like, and root for, both teams. When they play each other, I mostly just want a good game. If one team is possibly heading to a bowl game and the other isn't, then I hope the bowl-bound team wins... other than that...

well... ROLL EAGLE and WAR TIDE!!!!!!

B)

• 2 months later...

Virginia just beat Florida State in the craziest, nail-bitingest game ever; go Hoos!!

Yep! There have been a bunch of nailbiters and upsets today. I was even fortunate enough to get to watch at least some of many of them. All in all, it's been a very entertaining day.

HI LAKE! :wave: Long time, no see...thought you might've abandoned us.

What a wacky weekend in college football indeed! #s 2, 4, 5, and 7 go down in defeat...Oregon and Oklahoma practically losing simultaneously!

As a USC fan, our game last night at Oregon was our bowl game. Next year, USC will again be eligible for the bowl games, although scholarship reductions will still be in effect...and that is more important to the health of a college program than a bowl game. Recruiting is EVERYTHING in college sports.

Last night was especially nerve-racking to me. I watched the first half of USC @ Oregon, then had to tivo the rest of the game to go to my godson's high school play.

Even though USC was ahead at halftime, I knew Oregon was a second-half team...the speed at which they play wears defenses out as the game goes on; and bexcause of the scholarship restrictions, USC is really thin on defense.

So I'm nervous about the game, nervous about my godson's performance, nervous about somebody spoiling the end of the game for me...just plain on edge, haha.

But fortune smiled on me...I managed to make it through the night without hearing the score, the play was good, and then, sometime around midnight, I finally got to finish watching the game...and just as I feared, USC's defense was wearing down. Still, we would have won comfortably if Matt Barkley and Marc Tyler don't muff up that handoff exchange near the Duck's goal line.

Apart from that, Barkley played pretty well...maybe his best game of his college career, given the opponent and importance of the game. I hope he comes back for one more year.

The big eye-opener of the game was Marqise Lee...wow, what a future he's got. He's a true freshman, so USC's got him for a few more years. In fact, if I were Barkley, I would come back next year just for the opportunity to throw to Lee and Robert Woods one more season.

USC's season ends next week with the rivalry game with UCLA, and that's that.

As for the BCS, I love the chaos, cause that's the only way we'll get a playoff is if there's chaos.

If form holds the rest of the way, we'll probably get a rematch of LSU vs. Alabama in the title game. Warm up the field goal kickers.

Clemson whupped Auburn :(

but 'Bama whupped N Texas :) (Actually, this one was almost embarassing to watch. I kinda felt sorry for the N Texas team.)

I realize that there is a big rivalry between Alabama and Auburn, but I like, and root for, both teams. When they play each other, I mostly just want a good game. If one team is possibly heading to a bowl game and the other isn't, then I hope the bowl-bound team wins... other than that...

well... ROLL EAGLE and WAR TIDE!!!!!!

B)

This qualifies you as the most magnanimous person in the world, Lakey, as every person from Alabama I've ever met and talked to says there is NO rooting for both teams...it's one or the other.

I'm happy USC put a 50-0 whipping on UCLA; that was GLORIOUS to watch! FIGHT ON!!!

LSU is clearly the best team I've seen in college football this season. I would rather not have to sit through another LSU - Alabama rematch for the title. With the game being in New Orleans, LSU is going to win anyway.

Give Oklahoma St. or maybe even Houston a chance against LSU.

VT vs Clemson tonite for the ACC title!

Good luck Virginia...I'm cheering for VT, too! :cheer:

Other teams I want to win today are:

Houston over Southern Miss.

LSU over Georgia

Wisconsin over Michigan St.

Oklahoma St. over Oklahoma

Texas over Baylor

Boise St. over New Mexico

Good luck Virginia...I'm cheering for VT, too! :cheer:

Other teams I want to win today are:

Houston over Southern Miss.

LSU over Georgia

Wisconsin over Michigan St.

Oklahoma St. over Oklahoma

Texas over Baylor

Boise St. over New Mexico

Thanks Strider!! :) Look out Clemson; here we come!! :

Thanks Strider!! :) Look out Clemson; here we come!! :

Sorry Virginia, there is no Santa Claus in Hokie-land this year! :(

LSU is going to win the BCS championship in what amounts to a "home" game for them at the Superdome in New Orleans. Alabama's only chance is if all the starters for LSU get into trouble between now and next month and suspended for the game.

Lehigh's Mountain Hawks thwarted the Tigers' bid to move on by a late safety. Good luck to the rest of your teams in any post season play. There are no Maryland teams visiting bowls this year. Navy and Terps had sub par seasons. Not even the cold weather DC bowl appearance will happen, like the last few years.

Sorry Virginia, there is no Santa Claus in Hokie-land this year! :(

LSU is going to win the BCS championship in what amounts to a "home" game for them at the Superdome in New Orleans. Alabama's only chance is if all the starters for LSU get into trouble between now and next month and suspended for the game.

Yeah, that was a bummer :( Cheering for UVa vs Auburn now in the Chick-Fil-A bowl.

Archived