Jimmy Looked Cool.

Sort of a mean spirited post. I think the point is that Jimmy is old and he still looks like the effin coolest man on the planet. Your picture proves nothing.

Well said.

This is not the place to ridicule the men of this group--or any other group, for that matter--based on how they've aged.

:blink:

When you get to a certain age, how good you look is more smoke and mirrors than anything else. The video processing effects were definitely a part of that attempt. Unfortunately in the heat of a rock performance, you can't keep up the mirage forever.

A picture is worth a thousand words here. I found this particular image to be heartbreaking to see because you mentally connect this image to his youthful self in The Song Remains the Same:

2102574539efe7a23abbmr6.jpg

If you showed someone this picture back in 1973 they would not think it's Jimmy Page.

:(

>>>Rather subjective there don't you think? We cannot exactly travel back in time now can we?<<<

Here he is just 7 years ago. Much better:

>>>Here he was with his hair died black sir. I like the salt and pepper look on a man better than makng yourself some thing your not, actually grey hair happens to be fasionable right now<<<

bc062401.jpg

He looks a LOT better than Chris Squire though:

>>>Now there you speak the truth<<<

78357803zo5.jpg

He's either morphing into a pelican or is a poster-child for facelifts.

>>>He can be our "poster child," any old day of the year, any time, any nanosecond<<<

You know what, your so right. Your post has changed my life. Up till now I've always believed the guy could play live in concert, as he has done since 1959. But no, you

Pearl, with your fifth post to the official Led Zeppelin site, have shattered all my

illusions about Jimmy. I'm selling off all I got and going to the Spice Girls gig if it's the

last thing I do. And I want you to join me because I bet you've got the best tickets.

:)

Can I join you for the Spice Girls as well? Bet that would be live changing.

Jimmy's hair did get a bit messed up during the show but in general the 'Aleister Crowley' silver haired fox look is cool with me. His hair looked great during that BBC News interview he did before the show. Obviously he was concentrating so hard on the music for the show that he neglected to engage a bank of celebrity stylists to keep his barnet from getting unruly onstage. Although given the guitar duties onstage, I'm not sure he could have nipped behind the amps for a set and blowdry anyway while pretending to have trouble changing guitars.

The important thing was that at various points Jimmy looked like God and then Satan himself.

Sort of a mean spirited post. I think the point is that Jimmy is old and he still looks like the effin coolest man on the planet. Your picture proves nothing.

Not a meanspirited post. I love Jimmy! But I'm trying to be objective. That shot of Jimmy with the doubleneck is the worst image I've ever seen of him at a moment in the show when he was supposed to look the coolest. Jimmy is supposed to be larger than life but in that image he looks every bit a dishevelled senior citizen struggling to muster the energy to get through the song.

Jimmy is supposed to be larger than life but in that image he looks every bit a dishevelled senior citizen struggling to muster the energy to get through the song.

To me, when he's workin' that guitar and his white hair is flying around, he looks a bit like a mad scientist. I mean that in a good way -- it's a look that suits him. He's like a rock 'n roll Albert Einstein.

--

Here he was with his hair died black sir. I like the salt and pepper look on a man better than makng yourself some thing your not, actually grey hair happens to be fasionable right now

--

It's not just the hair, it's the whole package. The pained and exhausted expression on his face and stooped-over posture. The thinned out hair going out in all directions, made to look even thinner with the backlighting. The formal white shirt is what you associate with an old man. Having his sleeves rolled up and the tails pulled out make him looks really unkept, like a senior citizen who is no longer able to properly dress himself. If he at least wore the black shirt with the dragon embroidery he'd have maintained some 'hipness'. If you don't get the same visceral reaction from the picture then you aren't being objective. I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but this is basically the equivalent of the picture of Michael Jackson with the prosthetic nose on the witness stand, only it happened in front of 20,000 people. I would expect on the DVD that they either cut away from him at that moment or put some kind of sillhouette filter on him.

Having his sleeves rolled up and the tails pulled out make him looks really unkept, like a senior citizen who is no longer able to properly dress himself. If he at least wore the black shirt with the dragon embroidery he'd have maintained some 'hipness'. If you don't get the same visceral reaction from the picture then you aren't being objective. I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but this is basically the equivalent of the picture of Michael Jackson with the prosthetic nose on the witness stand, only it happened in front of 20,000 people. I would expect on the DVD that they either cut away from him at that moment or put some kind of sillhouette filter on him.

Oh, yeah. Just what we all want to see Jimmy wearing, an old dragon suit! Sort of like Elvis in his final years? So Jimmy's shirt came untucked while he was rocking the roof off the O2...WTF?? He still looked perfectly hip and as cool as ever! The cut of his jacket and trousers certainly didn't look senior citizen to me. I don't think you have much of a fashion sense.

And as for "visceral reaction". . .Jimmy always gives me a visceral reaction!

Not a meanspirited post. I love Jimmy! But I'm trying to be objective. That shot of Jimmy with the doubleneck is the worst image I've ever seen of him at a moment in the show when he was supposed to look the coolest. Jimmy is supposed to be larger than life but in that image he looks every bit a dishevelled senior citizen struggling to muster the energy to get through the song.

Everyone gets tired. I am guessing you could have done better and have to live up to a reputation like Page has right? Now I guess we are gonna listen to you piss and moan about how old Jimmy looks for a century.

--

Here he was with his hair died black sir. I like the salt and pepper look on a man better than makng yourself some thing your not, actually grey hair happens to be fasionable right now

--

It's not just the hair, it's the whole package. The pained and exhausted expression on his face and stooped-over posture. The thinned out hair going out in all directions, made to look even thinner with the backlighting. The formal white shirt is what you associate with an old man. Having his sleeves rolled up and the tails pulled out make him looks really unkept, like a senior citizen who is no longer able to properly dress himself. If he at least wore the black shirt with the dragon embroidery he'd have maintained some 'hipness'. If you don't get the same visceral reaction from the picture then you aren't being objective. I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but this is basically the equivalent of the picture of Michael Jackson with the prosthetic nose on the witness stand, only it happened in front of 20,000 people. I would expect on the DVD that they either cut away from him at that moment or put some kind of sillhouette filter on him.

Here's the proper place for women like you. It's called The Bitch Board. Please have fun there, and "I don't mean no disrespect."

http://www.cosmosfactory.org/bitchboard/mainpage.htm

Jimmy's looked cool since the day he was born. He was cool when he was a skiffle-playing little kid with a giant guitar and he'll be cool until the day he dies and hundreds of thousands of women from all over the world travel to his funeral to cry their eyes out.

:D exactly B)

You know what, your so right. Your post has changed my life. Up till now I've always believed the guy could play live in concert, as he has done since 1959. But no, you

Pearl, with your fifth post to the official Led Zeppelin site, have shattered all my

illusions about Jimmy. I'm selling off all I got and going to the Spice Girls gig if it's the

last thing I do. And I want you to join me because I bet you've got the best tickets.

:)

:D

What the heck is happening on this board? Critcising the guys looks? Lets see how you look at 63 years old...you probably wont be playing to thousands of adoring fans. Everyone gets old...deal with it. They still played fantastically.

Yeah,

You said it and inuendos about members of this board. Somebody should file complaints about him before it gets out of hand. He has no right here if he/she and I use "he/she" in caution is gonna attack LZ...

Hmph.

When you get to a certain age, how good you look is more smoke and mirrors than anything else. The video processing effects were definitely a part of that attempt. Unfortunately in the heat of a rock performance, you can't keep up the mirage forever.

A picture is worth a thousand words here. I found this particular image to be heartbreaking to see because you mentally connect this image to his youthful self in The Song Remains the Same:

2102574539efe7a23abbmr6.jpg

If you showed someone this picture back in 1973 they would not think it's Jimmy Page.

:(

Here he is just 7 years ago. Much better:

bc062401.jpg

He looks a LOT better than Chris Squire though:

78357803zo5.jpg

He's either morphing into a pelican or is a poster-child for facelifts.

Oh COME ON! Everyone has unflattering pictures of themselves. You can't pinpoint one and say that this is what the person usually looks like. Jimmy is looking great these days. A fucking lot better than he did in let's say, 1983. I'm 17, and I'd so tap that. B)

There are unflattering pictures of Zep from the 70's too. So what? Big deal. What's with this generation and their fear of growing old? Because that's what it is. Fear talking. My prediction for my generation (those born in the early 70's) is that when the retirement age starts to creep up, we're gonna hear more and more about their suicides from the desperation of not facing up to the fact that they're not "pretty" anymore. And that'll be good for everybody else. God, what failures we've become.

--LG

First post here so please don't crucify me as I beat this dead horse further.

1. I think Mr. Page, the god of all guitars, looks better than he has in years!!!! Spend two hours on stage creating that kind of guitar magic and see if your shirt is still tucked in!! He looks like the elder statesman that he is and I will always put him first on the list above Clapton, Hendrix, Beck, etc...

2. Someone already has pointed this out, but isn't it amazing and spine tingling that you can place some of the pictures from the O2 next to old pictures and you see that same image, Jimmy bent over the guitar making his magic, Robert with the mic in his left hand with the right raised to make his point.... I lost my breath when at one point he kicks the stand in the air!!!!

3. It has literally brought tears to my eyes to hear the reports back from the true fans that were there, and I will forever curse myself for not having a passport!!! (I'm in the US and will take care of that shortly so that "just in case" this will never happen to me again) Thank you to all who have posted their experience of the show and for doing it so quickly!!

4. If you want to bash on the men and the music that are the soundtrack for a lot of my life, go elsewhere!! (can I say that on a first post?)

Oh, yeah. Just what we all want to see Jimmy wearing, an old dragon suit! Sort of like Elvis in his final years? So Jimmy's shirt came untucked while he was rocking the roof off the O2...WTF?? He still looked perfectly hip and as cool as ever! The cut of his jacket and trousers certainly didn't look senior citizen to me. I don't think you have much of a fashion sense.

And as for "visceral reaction". . .Jimmy always gives me a visceral reaction!

Totally agree. I would NOT want to see him wear anything that made him look ridiculous. There's something sexy about a person who's comfortable with himself. Jimmy Page has aged well and still "rocks my world"!

Here's a link to a short blurb about his rehearsal look:

http://men.style.com/news/blog/2007/12/the-band-remain.html

Plant was bored and Jimmy was unable to solo. Give it up. They relied on special effects, a state of the art sound system and tape loops to pull it off. Jimmy was so bad! He cant play but anything he does gets praise. It;s such a joke. Listening to that crap Mon was embarressing!

The 20000 who were actually there would strongly disagree with you. :rolleyes:

Archived