Jimmy Looked Cool.

2. Someone already has pointed this out, but isn't it amazing and spine tingling that you can place some of the pictures from the O2 next to old pictures and you see that same image, Jimmy bent over the guitar making his magic, Robert with the mic in his left hand with the right raised to make his point.... I lost my breath when at one point he kicks the stand in the air!!!!

Here's one of mine from the night. Not the greatest of photos but it does look like a classic Zeppelin 'in action' pose!

0592.jpg

Jimmy's looked cool since the day he was born. He was cool when he was a skiffle-playing little kid with a giant guitar and he'll be cool until the day he dies and hundreds of thousands of women from all over the world travel to his funeral to cry their eyes out.

...and those not able to travel to his funeral will cry their eyes out as well. And not just woman. Men too. For the loss of one of the greatest musicians of our time.

Amen.

P.S. Lets hope that is a long, long time from now coz I'm getting choked up at even the thought of losing Jimmy. :(

pagent3.jpg

Jimmy's hair did get a bit messed up during the show but in general the 'Aleister Crowley' silver haired fox look is cool with me. His hair looked great during that BBC News interview he did before the show. Obviously he was concentrating so hard on the music for the show that he neglected to engage a bank of celebrity stylists to keep his barnet from getting unruly onstage. Although given the guitar duties onstage, I'm not sure he could have nipped behind the amps for a set and blowdry anyway while pretending to have trouble changing guitars.

:lol:

The important thing was that at various points Jimmy looked like God and then Satan himself.

To me, when he's workin' that guitar and his white hair is flying around, he looks a bit like a mad scientist. I mean that in a good way -- it's a look that suits him. He's like a rock 'n roll Albert Einstein.

You guys are spot on.

The coolest thing I've seen in awhile is Jimmy with his white hair flying every which way, his shirt untucked, the whiteness of both lighting him up like some kind of angel, sweating as of old, playing the fuck out of his guitar, surrounded by his great band. Gave/gives me chills.

Here's one of mine from the night. Not the greatest of photos but it does look like a classic Zeppelin 'in action' pose!

Thanks. They all stuck together so much, wasn't that the great? A real working band.

Nice post, MCM!

I'm not the one who started the thread about Jimmy's looks. I just think people should be a little less fanboish and see objectively.

But why is it only "objectively" if you say he looked awful? :huh: I don't think it's unobjective to say he still looks great for a 63 year old. And I don't mean that comparing to a 20 years old or how he looked back in the 70s, but compared to other people his age or given the circumstances that he hasn't always lived the "healthiest" life. I personally also think he looks way better and healthier than a few years ago. Of course you can say you didn't like his outfit, looks or whatever as this is a legitimate opinion but why calling people unobjective just because they think he looked great?

The coolest thing I've seen in awhile is Jimmy with his white hair flying every which way, his shirt untucked, the whiteness of both lighting him up like some kind of angel, sweating as of old, playing the fuck out of his guitar, surrounded by his great band. Gave/gives me chills.

Agreed. B)

...and those not able to travel to his funeral will cry their eyes out as well. And not just woman. Men too. For the loss of one of the greatest musicians of our time.

Amen.

P.S. Lets hope that is a long, long time from now coz I'm getting choked up at even the thought of losing Jimmy. :(

pagent3.jpg

That will be a sad day for all of us. :(

Not a meanspirited post. I love Jimmy! But I'm trying to be objective. That shot of Jimmy with the doubleneck is the worst image I've ever seen of him at a moment in the show when he was supposed to look the coolest. Jimmy is supposed to be larger than life but in that image he looks every bit a dishevelled senior citizen struggling to muster the energy to get through the song.

I'm sorry, but you're out to lunch. Have you heard any audio from the show? Jimmy was not struggling the entire night. And he is no SUPPOSED to look like anything. He is a musician and he's supposed to sound great, which he did. Anybody who cares how he looked is barking up the wrong tree.

Just wanted to add that the rest of the band looked cool as hell too. Robert looked in even better shape than he did when I saw him with the Strange Sensation in Vegas and Virginia in '05, as long and cool as ever, and I loved loved loved his leather trousers. And Jonesy had the exact same sweet, slightly trippy smile he had back in the day. Jason...well he's still a baby, but it's great to see so much of his dad in him.

In short...Zeppelin: born cool, cool throughout this life, and cool in all worlds to come.

Oh, yeah. Just what we all want to see Jimmy wearing, an old dragon suit! Sort of like Elvis in his final years? So Jimmy's shirt came untucked while he was rocking the roof off the O2...WTF?? He still looked perfectly hip and as cool as ever! The cut of his jacket and trousers certainly didn't look senior citizen to me. I don't think you have much of a fashion sense.

And as for "visceral reaction". . .Jimmy always gives me a visceral reaction!

Exactly, I guess some people just can't deal with the fact that he is 63 now and that the days of that sort of fashion are over for him now :rolleyes: And I also don't see the problem with his shirt coming untucked; I'm wondering if people who complain about that actually care more about the music or the looks?! <_<

You guys are spot on.

Totally agree.

I'm sorry, but you're out to lunch. Have you heard any audio from the show? Jimmy was not struggling the entire night. And he is no SUPPOSED to look like anything. He is a musician and he's supposed to sound great, which he did. Anybody who cares how he looked is barking up the wrong tree.

Couldn't agree more. While I think he looked absolutely great, I wouldn't care so much if he looked awful because it's the music I care about after all, that's what it's all about. And they don't owe us to look great either :rolleyes:

Please don't talk and think about THIS now...

I wish and hope that they all will live for a very long time, I could not imagine how it would be if one of them would die... don't even want to think about it, it would be like loosing a family member or a really good friend........

I'm just saying that it will have a profound effect on a great many people.

Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer. :mellow:

Plant was bored and Jimmy was unable to solo. Give it up. They relied on special effects, a state of the art sound system and tape loops to pull it off. Jimmy was so bad! He cant play but anything he does gets praise. It;s such a joke. Listening to that crap Mon was embarressing!

Well, it is very easy to tell that you are a brain dead idiot! if you feel that way what the F__K are you doing here? You should be at a Barry Manilow site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen.

pagent3.jpg

Awe man, that is one awesome image, old Pagey gritting his teeth like he has the world on a string. Where did this git go that were trashing Pagey?

WHY I OUTTA ;-)

He looks a LOT better than Chris Squire though:

78357803zo5.jpg

He's either morphing into a pelican or is a poster-child for facelifts.

I think he looks like he's fixing to die the same way that Elvis Did?

Chris Squire that is

Just to bring this thread back into context, this is the original VHS box of The Song Remains the Same. This is the copy I had when I was a teenager. The iconography of this still is burned into my memory banks. That's a guitar hero pose if ever there was one. TSRTS was not the greatest moviemaking in the world, but it managed to capture such an iconic moment in time:

51803S9X2ZL._AA280_.jpg

That's why this picture disturbed me so much:

2102574539efe7a23abbmr6.jpg

It's no knock on Jimmy or the performance other than I would have wished somehow during the planning stages that they could have avoided using the splitscreen or maybe he had picked a darker or more "hip" shirt rather than a button down dress shirt. Really there was a perfect storm of bad decisionmaking at work to produce this frail-looking image. And this isn't just some random unimportant moment in the set. It had to happen at the most anticipated moment in the show--the moment where you're saying to yourself "Okay, this is Led Zeppelin circa 2007 doing Stairway. How does the whole package compare?". I don't claim that he looked anywhere near this bad throughout.

• 1 month later...
Oh COME ON! Everyone has unflattering pictures of themselves. You can't pinpoint one and say that this is what the person usually looks like. Jimmy is looking great these days. A fucking lot better than he did in let's say, 1983. I'm 17, and I'd so tap that. B)

You said it. GO JIMMY PAGE. I hope when he makes a guest appearace we turn him loose on you :D Army of "axes" :duel: and all....

B)

Shad :unsure: w

You leave Page alone..what's his name mossdredge?

I thought Jimmy looked better than he has since the eighties! I love the grey hair; nothing looks more goulish to me than old folks with the dye job-it works better for Robert since he's died blonde.

I think the band sounded better than they have sounded (on stage anyway) since the pre 77 days--ESPECIALLY JIMMY-HE RIPPED IT UP!!!!...LOVED IT!!

I thought Jimmy looked better than he has since the eighties! I love the grey hair; nothing looks more goulish to me than old folks with the dye job-it works better for Robert since he's died blonde.

I think the band sounded better than they have sounded (on stage anyway) since the pre 77 days--ESPECIALLY JIMMY-HE RIPPED IT UP!!!!...LOVED IT!!

Yeah,

Give me the "salt n pepper" look any day. It's like a badge of honour. He should get a medal for all the miserable crap people just insist on putting him through just to prove they are someone. To me, it just proves your just jealous and want a piece of the Custard Pie and dont wanna admit it. So you use cheap swipes and senseless accusations on the name of Led Zeppelin?

:hysterical: Why are we here? To attack Led Zeppelin!

That's the most oxymoronic thing I have ever witnessed.

More sad than funny really.

Regards,

Shad :unsure: w

"YeaaaaAHHHHHHH BASH."

<sp edt>

PS "Ohhhhhh, it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood, wonderful day in the neighborhood." :D:banana::cheer::whistling:

or maybe he had picked a darker or more "hip" shirt rather than a button down dress shirt. Really there was a perfect storm of bad decisionmaking at work

Thank fcuk you were not invloved in any of the decision making. Reading through this thread the words "hip" and suggestion of a dragon print on the shirt for a 63 year old man makes me shudder.

As the authority on looking cool, I can tell you that Jimmy Page looked the mutts nuts.

You've merely picked one picture from the performance where the guy looks a little dishevelled.

I think he looks fantastic just the way he is; a combination of elegance, style and cool!

Yeah,

Page is the bees knees, the cats meow, the guitar god of rock and roll, he is cultured, suave, softspoken, sophisticated. He had engineered things you and all your moshhead cousins and cousins cousins couldnt come up with in a mellinium. Now go invent another toothbrush for gods sake, something productive.

Shad :lol: w

>>>>And the beat goes on>>>>>and the beat goes on, "Jimmy on one, on one again, SIR."

:hysterical:

Archived