Robert and Alfie Boe

fsmith9095

• 3 weeks later...

Did you notice that Alfie recorded a song called Over the Hills and Far Away for his latest album? It's not the Zeppelin song though..neither the melody nor the lyrics..I still find it strange though that a completely different song with the same name exists^^ I can't wait to hear the duet with Robert..I think they blend quite well..

Heard about this yesterday. Could be quite interesting. Great that they've recorded "Song To The Siren" as it's my favorite from "Dreamland". They also might do some shows together as well. biggrin.gif

First I would like to start off by saying this is SECOND HAND INFORMATION so I do not know the truth behind it...

There was a woman on twitter a few days ago who was listening to an interview with Alfie Boe on his latest project and she claims that AB said Mel C (Spice Girl I think) and Robert were going to join him as special guests during his concert at the Royal Festival Hall. I checked the website and he is doing a concert there on December 7th. That is all the information I have on this, and, again, I did not hear it myself so it may not be true at all.

Did you notice that Alfie recorded a song called Over the Hills and Far Away for his latest album? It's not the Zeppelin song though..neither the melody nor the lyrics..I still find it strange though that a completely different song with the same name exists^^

That song existed for about 266 years before Zep's song was written.

It's quite likely that Robert borrowed the title when writing Zep's OTHAFA.

Thanks for posting Debs. Not sure if having a former Spice Girl and a Jonas Brother on the album is a good thing, but we'll see in a few weeks.

Mel C is actually quite a talented singer. She was the only professional singer in the Spice Girls and helped teach the others how to vocalize. She can really sing her ass off. Now regarding the Jonas brother...not quite so sure about that, maybe he can sing quite well too away from his boy band.

• 7 months later...

Archived