Jimmy Page - Solid Ground 1991-05-29

38 minutes ago, JTM said:

Here' another JP rarity from the whotrader archives. According to the thread I read, Jimmy was in the area for Coverdale / Page rehearsals and joined in for some fun at the local bar.

That's essentially true. Jimmy was staying at David's home in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX (near Lake Tahoe) at the time, working on the C/P album. He also made some other public appearances in and around Crystal Bay & Reno during those sessions.

• 3 years later...
On 8/27/2017 at 10:38 PM, SteveAJones said:

That's essentially true. Jimmy was staying at David's home in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX (near Lake Tahoe) at the time, working on the C/P album. He also made some other public appearances in and around Crystal Bay & Reno during those sessions.

David has since sold his home, so I can now share with the forum it is located in Incline Village.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-coverdale-whitesnake-home/

https://www.inman.com/2019/04/04/whitesnakes-david-coverdale-selling-lake-tahoe-home-for-9-85m/

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2012 at 7:34 AM, kenog said:

http://renebestguitarist.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/jimmy-page-and-solid-groundmay-29-1991.html

Jimmy Page and Solid Ground / May 29, 1991

solid_ground_f.jpg

A band I played in “Solid Ground” played with Jimmy Page at the Crystal Bay Club on May 29, 1991, Funny things happen when you're packing to move; you find a lot of the stuff you thought you lost. Last night after all these years I found part of a recording of the night Jimmy Page played with Solid Ground. I hope to find the rest of the recording. We did have pictures of the show but the keyboardist for the band ripped them off. He also is the one the band suspects boot legged the recording of the show against Jimmy’s wishes, after he specifically told the band that night not to do it. I want Jimmy to know the rest of the band had nothing to do with the boot legged recordings.

Bill Glahn reviewed the recording on his blog in March 1993. He was tough on the band, Thank God he liked my singing "The male vocalist, a very good southern belter, is prone to calling Page “son.” I don't remember calling Jimmy son. It is a southern thing though, y'all know what I mean?

I don't know why the recording is titled "Up In Smoke". Funny thing is, that is what happened to our relationship with the keyboardist, totally burnt to ashes. Reminds me of another situation with a nasty ex band mate.

I do plan on posting these recordings of the show (Not for Profit) on my website. Jimmy was playing my guitar and Debbie McIntyre sang Hang On Sloopy and I sang the rest of the songs. Finding these recordings has led me to see what was out there on the internet about that night. I cannot believe the curiosity and information that has been posted. At the very least I want folks out there to know the story and give credit to where credit is due and mention all the band members who played on that recording with Jimmy Page. Well maybe not all, I will just ignore the damn keyboardist. I have worked with many musicians with pleasant and difficult dispositions. It is only the very worst of those that I refuse to have any association with, and refuse to recall anytime I spent with them, or mention them on my website www.renebest.net. That reminds me, I still have to write a disclosure about my website which I own and control all content, and the person who is spreading bogus lies, that "It's Not Really Rene's Website". In the mean time if anyone feels the need to know about the motives of the person behind the bogus complaints board comments you can cell me @ 775-378-7084

Technically, Robbie Gade's name is Robbie Polomsky 

Musician Robbie “Gade” Polomsky has performed around the lake more than 40 years. During the rock star heyday was joined onstage at venues such as Legends at Incline Village and River Ranch in Tahoe City for impromptu appearances by Neal Schon, Dave Mason and four times by Jimmy Page. He teamed with the former CCR drummer for private shows for Clifford’s affluent friends.

https://www.tahoeonstage.com/genres/rock/magic-window-opens-new-view-of-creedence-artist/