No Danelectro during Kashmir

To be honest, and you'd have to ask other people who play guitar also but...the Gibson Les Paul is simply amazing! And i thought Kashmir sounded very heavy and awsome coming out of the Les Paul. In this case, im not 100% sure it could have sounded much better had he used a danelectro.

I don't think they had a lot of time for guitar changes, which played into the setlist (Stairway -> TSRTS). BTW, those who were hoping TSRTS would have segued into Rain Song, that would have required retuning the six-string neck. They could have gone from TSRTS into Celebration day (or Carouselambra).

To be honest, and you'd have to ask other people who play guitar also but...the Gibson Les Paul is simply amazing! And i thought Kashmir sounded very heavy and awsome coming out of the Les Paul. In this case, im not 100% sure it could have sounded much better had he used a danelectro.

Did Page ever use a Les Paul in '75?

Stop expecting it to be the same it is 27 years later, sure Plan't s voice was different, some may not like it at first, but you will in the end, the first time I heard his voice in a live bootleg I didn't like it, but now I cannot get enough. If you listen to the sound though it is all the same if not better than before.

That the first thing my Buddy said to me after watching the videos. Wasnt the les paul he used the one that automaticly changes the tunning with a switch or footpedal(im not a guitarist im a bassist, so i dont know how it works). i think the reason it does sound better is because of the les paul and Mr. Baldwin probably has a better keyboard system also. Wasnt it the mellowtron he used in the 70's

Let me guess, he played a Les Paul Custom w/ gold finish? I think he used it at the 90's tour. It sounds decent to me.

I spotted at least 4 to 5 guitars he used that night so i don't think he even need to use that clumsy tuning-changer for dadgad purpose. Besides, i recall he felt that his Cherry red - Les Paul lost it's tone after he did some similiar changes to it so i would think he is less careful about implementing such systems to his guitars, would he.

And to you silly boys, Danelectros are that cheap that chances could be that it is already wrecked beyond repair by time. :D

I spotted at least 4 to 5 guitars he used that night so i don't think he even need to use that clumsy tuning-changer for dadgad purpose.

I think he likes to "brand" songs with particular guitars and he's been using that one with alternate tuning songs like Kashmir and Most High for a long while now.

I think he likes to "brand" songs with particular guitars and he's been using that one with alternate tuning songs like Kashmir and Most High for a long while now.

Correct me if I am wrong, but he has used a Les Paul on Kashmir in the past and I am not speaking to the self tuning model. 75 Tour perhaps. I stopped obsessing years ago, so the details are not as sharp as they were when I was 7-20 something years old. I got into them in 1977ish.

Peace

Correct me if I am wrong, but he has used a Les Paul on Kashmir in the past and I am not speaking to the self tuning model. 75 Tour perhaps. I stopped obsessing years ago, so the details are not as sharp as they were when I was 7-20 something years old. I got into them in 1977ish.

Peace

Well, forget what I said earlier. He used a red Les Paul instead of the gold transperformance. It was an unusual choice to be sure, but he did stay away from single coils all night.

Page played Kashmir with the Les Paul on the '75 tour.

It was '77 when he started using the Danelectro because White Summer/Black Mountainside segued into Kashmir. Man it would have been awesome if they did that at the O2, but with Page's pinky it would have been a bit hard to play White Summer/Black Mountainside.

Edited by tom kid

I always liked the LP for Kashmir in 75. Much heavier sound.

Pb Derigable, theTransperformance self tuning system has a row of buttons (on the top of the guitar body) that switches tunings.

What? so is it possible that the golden les paul's small row of squares are actually not a decoration but the buttons itself?

Not that it matters anything but i'm curious.

What? so is it possible that the golden les paul's small row of squares are actually not a decoration but the buttons itself?

Yeah, he's been using that for Whole Lotta Love for a while, so he can make it go crazy during the freak-out section before the guitar solo. So, yeah, those are buttons that create preset tunings.

The red one used for Kashmir at the O2 has a 'b-string bender', which I'm not sure if he really used. I've only seen vids.

Please don't ask me to explain what the bender is exactly :) It'll come up in a search. :)

Yes, as Rockthing said those are the buttons that go to preset tunings. I've played one before, it's cool to feel the strings change beneath your fingers. There's also a "fine tune" feature that tweaks the guitar into whatever tuning you're on in case the strings stretch out of tune.

I think the red LP with the Parsons White B bender is his old one, but it's hard to tell from the cell footage.

The Danelectro can be a very tempermental instrument (doesn't like to stay in tune).

I bet he just didn't want to take any chances with this once-in-a-life-time gig.

The transperformance was used to great affect on the P/P unledded tour for going from Kashmir to Black Dog and back.

The b-bender is kind of like having a wammy bar but just for one string.

In this way, you can play a chord and then 'bend' one note while the rest of the chord remains intact. It kind of gives a pedal steel feeling.

It can be found on

All of My Love, Ozone Baby and I think Southbound Saurez.

As well as TYG live. Also when he played Layla at the ARMS show.

He used it much more live than on albums. But it was a telecatser with a b-bender.

Edited by Thorzep

I think there was a whammy pedal being used also, which gave me the impression he was using Transperformance (towards the end of the track). The Whammy also was used during Trampled Underfoot (I think)..

There is no such thing as a "Whammy Pedal" however, during Trampled the Wah Wah pedal would have been used.