Nice to be here

John1972

Hi everyone. I'm John, a 39 year old Led Zeppelin fan from the northeast US. I've been considering joining a fan forum for quite some now now. I guess tonight is the night. I hope I can learn a great deal here. Being 39, I obviously missed out on a lot when it comes to Zeppelin, their tours, and the overall hysteria that followed them during the 1970s. I'm sure there are many here who saw them live. I wasn't able to do that, but have seen the band's three surviving members:

Robert Plant in Portland, Maine, 1990

Page and Plant in Mansfield, Massachusetts, 1998

Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes, also in Mansfield, 2000

John Paul Jones, Orlando Florida, 2000

I also collect Led Zeppelin stuff, as I'm sure many of you do. I don't have too much, but I definitely have more than my family thinks I need! My top three collectibles are:

1975 orange tour shirt

1975 Earl's Court opening night stub

1977 Pontiac Silverdome stub.

I also want to mention that I am not a musician. I'm just a fan. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to making some friends here.

Oops, I guess that post was supposed to go in the "meet and greet" section. I'll get the hang of this eventually.

Yes it does. But welcome John. :D Always good to have new members here! I'm sure they'll move this thread for you.

I made snafus when I first came on here. Like any board, it takes a bit to get familiar with.

Much appreciated, Dave. Wow, they moved it fast. These guys are good. :) I can't believe how many members this place has. This should be fun. I decided I only wanted to pick one forum to join, and I think I made a wise choice.

Hi there John,

Welcome and nice to meet another Zep fan. You came to the right place to learn about the band! There are topics on everything Zep that you can imagine and excellent photos too. If you don't see what you're looking for right away, try the Search feature. Chances are there is a thread for it there.

That is an impressive list of shows you have attended. I got to see one show (Tampa '77) and although it ended up being a rain out/short set, I will treasure the memories forever of seeing the 4 of them on that stage.

Have fun here reading, taking the polls, and posting too. Lots of great people on the board also, if you ever need a question answered. :)

......Missy

Thanks Missy. Tampa '77 huh? I would trade my 4 shows for that rainout in a heartbeat! I checked the setlist moments ago. I guess only three songs were played, and then there was a riot. Still though, you got to see the entire band live. That really rocks.

If it's not in poor taste, I hope you didn't get trampled underfoot. B)

There's an abundance of information here, and it's overwhelmingly awesome. I love the thread where everyone has gathered their favorite youtube clips. Anyway, nice to meet you.

Haha, I usually forget to check this section, but I'm in a welcoming mood today(probably has something to do with the Raiders victory earlier), so welcome to the Zeppelin forum/board, John!

You might've missed Zeppelin in concert, but the shows you have seen by the surviving members ain't too shabby. The fact you saw Jonesy shows impeccable taste on your part.

Enjoy your time here.

Thank you Strider. It's been great reading so far. The Jones show was the best $19.50 I ever spent. I was visiting my parents in Winter Haven , Florida where they were watching Spring Training. I knew Jones was playing at Disney, so naturally I jumped at the chance. It seems like there were only about 200 of us standing inside the house of Blues. I was next to the stage where his lap steel was set up. It was surreal. I was thinking the whole time, $19.50? Am I dreaming?

Anyway, it truly is nice to be here. I thought I knew a lot about the band until I got here!

The House of Blues on Sunset Blvd. is where I saw Jones on the Zooma tour, too...and just like you, Jonesy's work on the steel guitar left an impression.

Be sure to check out the concert timeline...lots of good tidbits of info there by Argentum Astreum and others.

And I highly recommend Blocoboy's Robert Plant Pre-Zep history thread in the Pre/Post Zeppelin section...a wealth of newly discovered info unearthed by Blocoboy there!!! Fascinating reading.

Welcome to Led Zeppelin land! :welcome2:

And a fellow New Englander to boot. I spend time in the summer in Vassalboro, ME. Are you familiar with the comedian Bob Marley?

You will love this forum. Lots of dedicated, friendly fans. Do check out the Other Bands as well. I've developed an appreciation for lots of artists here.

Enjoy yourself.

:)

Hi Planted. Yeah, Bob went to Deering High which is about 20 minutes from me. I've met him a couple times. What a riot! Worcester huh?

"Welcome to Wistah....that'll be a dollar twenty five, Bub." - Tollbooth Willie

Wow, great to meet new friends!

Thanks for the references, Strider. I'll do my best to check that stuff out. I remember right after the Jones show, I found a picture on the web where you can see a sliver of me near the stage. I need to locate that one again.

Hi everyone. I'm John, a 39 year old Led Zeppelin fan from the northeast US. I've been considering joining a fan forum for quite some now now. I guess tonight is the night. I hope I can learn a great deal here. Being 39, I obviously missed out on a lot when it comes to Zeppelin, their tours, and the overall hysteria that followed them during the 1970s. I'm sure there are many here who saw them live. I wasn't able to do that, but have seen the band's three surviving members:

Robert Plant in Portland, Maine, 1990

Page and Plant in Mansfield, Massachusetts, 1998

Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes, also in Mansfield, 2000

John Paul Jones, Orlando Florida, 2000

I also collect Led Zeppelin stuff, as I'm sure many of you do. I don't have too much, but I definitely have more than my family thinks I need! My top three collectibles are:

1975 orange tour shirt

1975 Earl's Court opening night stub

1977 Pontiac Silverdome stub.

I also want to mention that I am not a musician. I'm just a fan. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to making some friends here.

hi there

hope you enjoy yourself, i know you will! it took me hours and hours to get through all the sections when i first joined, and of course that wasn't reading every post, or even every thread! but i found out sooooo much info, and looked at soooooo many links and photos ..... i pretty much just went to work and logged on here every night and read and read and ......

you are lucky to have seen the shows you have. i have only seen jonesy when he toured here with them crooked vultures, and i will say it was a superb concert ( i love that band! ). i was able to get really close to the stage on jonesy's side, i'll never forget it.

cya round! :)

Yeah it was a nice warm July day for the Page / Plant show. It was 1998 and I wasn't really familiar with the Internet at the time. So I wasn't following the tour and I didn't know the setlist. It was a pleasant surprise to hear them open up with Wanton Song. I'd love to hear that show again someday.

should be simple for someone to hook you up with a copy.....or to find one yourself.....as i said it's a really nice soundboard (unless i have my shows mixed up)......back in the day i would have just sent you a copy.........

nice "how Many More times" on that show............would have loved to see that B)

Thanks for the info, beetleron. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Each time I walked to the parking lot after seeing one of the Zeppelin members perform, I always had in the back of my mind, "Maybe I can get this show someday."

How Many More Times was a lot of fun. The only time the crowd rested during the entire show was during the Walking Into Clarksdale material. I happen to like that stuff, but it was painfully obvious what everyone was there for!

Zoso1960......a reproduction Object is high on my to-do list. That's great that you have one. I have a friend in England who can sculpt just about anything. He has a life sized Frankenstein in his man cave. I always hint to him about having him make me one. But I'd truly rather have the real reproduction one like yours. Someday. I don't have many books, but I do have copies of Creem, Hit Parader and similar magazines from the 70s and 80s. I also have patches, pins, shirts, and 5 different glass carnival mirrors. I really like the mirrors. They're not terribly expensive to get, and they are a nice blast from the past.

Archived