Great Song Writers

McSeven

When I listen to Zep I have to say even if I was not into them. They are really great song writers. They know how to groove its not like they had a lot of time to hon their craft. They basically had a year to get it together even if they did covers.

I don't know any other band that has that magic. Maybe Pink Floyd/The Beatles/Hendrix/the Doors.

Well, Jimmy had a lot of ideas when he formed the band. It is basically his band.

But that said, he was inspired by the blues.

What is always overlooked is actually his great producer skills.

I can´t understand why he hasn´t produced other bands. Maybe he doesn´t bother.

I don't know any other band that has that magic. Maybe Pink Floyd/The Beatles/Hendrix/the Doors.

Good question. I agree with you on Zep, PF, Beatles for having outstanding song lyrics.

I can't comment about the Doors since I'm not as familair with their song library.

Who I would add to the list of great song writers is: Joni Mitchell and Neil Young.

They both individually have written literally hundreds of songs; many with very poignant lyrics.

These two may be thought of initially as folk rock, but really they both covered several genres of music during their long careers (with Neil Young still going strong)........:) missy

EDIT: How could I have missed listing Jimi Hendrix? Especially since I've been listening to his music a lot lately, yes he definitely is an excellent song writer!

Archived