Dave Grohl tells it like it was (for him)

From ROSS HALFIN's website:

Dave Grohl tells it like it is...

Sir,

Just wanted to thank you for being so accommodating to me and my cast of nerds the other night. It was an epic night, to say the least. Arriving at 10 am that morning, sleeping for three hours, heading to the bottle shop for refreshments to take with in the van, pissing like a Clydesdale upon arrival to the gig, and then the mighty Zeppelin.

Highlights:

For Your Life. Maybe my favorite song of the night, except for Kashmir, which was beyond spot on.

The dry ice machine.

Black Dog. Like they never stopped playing it.

Asking Marilyn Manson if I can give him a hickey. "No". Asking his girlfriend if I can give her a hickey. "Sure!" To which Marilyn replied "No".

Not understanding one fucking word that Liam Gallagher said to me.

Steve Gorman. A good guy.

Peter Mench being nice to me. Sign of the apocalypse? Perhaps.

The entire 2 hours that the band performed.

Without sounding like a cunt, I had waited to see that my whole life, and it did not disappoint. Of course, I had always dreamed about being behind that drum set, but the sheer thrill of being there overcame any envy that I may have had. Jason was fucking great. Face it, he had people like me, Chad Smith, and Steve Gorman watching his every move, all night long, and afterwards we all agreed that he played great. Just three jealous drummers, drinking away our life long dreams of one day jamming with the greatest rock band of all time. Fucking pathetic, we were.........

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for including us in everything. It meant the world to me.

Congratulate the boys for me. Hope they take this circus on the road. If there's an opening for drum tech, you know my number.

Dave

Without sounding like a cunt, I had waited to see that my whole life, and it did not disappoint. Of course, I had always dreamed about being behind that drum set, but the sheer thrill of being there overcame any envy that I may have had. Jason was fucking great. Face it, he had people like me, Chad Smith, and Steve Gorman watching his every move, all night long, and afterwards we all agreed that he played great. Just three jealous drummers, drinking away our life long dreams of one day jamming with the greatest rock band of all time. Fucking pathetic, we were.........

He just doesn't quit about wanting to be on the drums. God. Jason answered every question as to whether he was the right guy. Just listen to IMTOD if you don't think so.

Fucking pathetic, is right. :D

From ROSS HALFIN's website:

Dave Grohl tells it like it is...

Sir,

Just wanted to thank you for being so accommodating to me and my cast of nerds the other night. It was an epic night, to say the least. Arriving at 10 am that morning, sleeping for three hours, heading to the bottle shop for refreshments to take with in the van, pissing like a Clydesdale upon arrival to the gig, and then the mighty Zeppelin.

Highlights:

For Your Life. Maybe my favorite song of the night, except for Kashmir, which was beyond spot on.

The dry ice machine.

Black Dog. Like they never stopped playing it.

Asking Marilyn Manson if I can give him a hickey. "No". Asking his girlfriend if I can give her a hickey. "Sure!" To which Marilyn replied "No".

Not understanding one fucking word that Liam Gallagher said to me.

Steve Gorman. A good guy.

Peter Mench being nice to me. Sign of the apocalypse? Perhaps.

The entire 2 hours that the band performed.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for including us in everything. It meant the world to me.

Congratulate the boys for me. Hope they take this circus on the road. If there's an opening for drum tech, you know my number.

Dave

:blahblah:

who cares

I have seen a fair amount of criticism directed towards Dave Grohl, and I really don't understand why. The guy has only ever praised the group (including Jason) and is just a fan like the rest of us. Who here wouldn't give their big toe to play with them!? (in fact, funnily enough I had a dream last night that I was the singer in the reunion, and then with only 5 minutes before we were due on stage I realised that I couldn't sing to save my life!)

He has repeated over and over that he isn't worthy, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't kill several children to drum with them.

Dave Grohl has always been a huge zep fan and like all of us (not that im a musician) would love the idea of being part of such a band, how many of us have dreamed that we could play like bonham, and that we were there beating the drums behind plant/page/jones, i know i have.

And surely the fact that JPJ played on the foo fighters In your honour album means that he has a degree of respect for both Dave Grohl and the foo fighters.

I was sat 2 rows in front of DG and trust me he was shouting singing cheering and clapping like any of us mere mortals :-)

I get that he's a huge fan, and I love him for it. Respect the shit out of the fact that he is a geeky fanboy like me about the live bootlegs. And he's got his own thing he's great at. Well, two things (Nirvana and Foos).

But all this talk of Grohl + Zep is insufferable already! We had like a 10 page thread on the other board about it, can't it just go away now after this show? That's all I ask!

I just don't want to hear someone bragging on about being there when there was no question he was going to be allowed to attend. He didn't have to enter a ballot.

And it still hurts that I had to miss this.

Am I Jealous???

O YES. GREEN

I just don't want to hear someone bragging on about being there when there was no question he was going to be allowed to attend. He didn't have to enter a ballot.

Am I Jealous???

O YES. GREEN

So having collaborated with JPJ on the last Foo Fighters album doesn't mean anything? I'm guessing that's who gave him tix, friend.

Oh, give the guy a break already. He offered to be their drum tech on the road... that's pretty humble. And this isn't a press release, it's a thank you e-mail he sent Halfin, who posted it in public. That's hardly Grohl going on and on about wanting to be Zeppelin's drummer in a press release.

I think it's great that he's a fan. I think it's great Paul McCartney was apparently out there playing air guitar! What could be better than accomplished musicians being utter nerds in public because of Zepp?? Makes me proud to be a fan.

I get that he's a huge fan, and I love him for it. Respect the shit out of the fact that he is a geeky fanboy like me about the live bootlegs. And he's got his own thing he's great at. Well, two things (Nirvana and Foos).

But all this talk of Grohl + Zep is insufferable already! We had like a 10 page thread on the other board about it, can't it just go away now after this show? That's all I ask![/size]

Haha!!! Kinda funny.... Ask Solar.

I get what you're saying... but I think he is half joking when he mentions himself and Led Zeppelin. And I would stress Half.

I liked reading his "review". But, I can't ever see Led Zeppelin choosing a different drummer than Jason if they chose to tour as LZ... it just doesn't seem like something they would do.

There is no issue there, it's just a fan who happens to be one of the best drummer out there.

I think I need to find that Ask Solar Thread.

Who the fuck Made those three the drum judges for the show? I got nothing but love for Steve Gorman but seriously, it's pathetic and sounds condescending.

I wish he would go the fuck away, it's just rude and as he himself said pathetic at this point.

Who the fuck Made those three the drum judges for the show? I got nothing but love for Steve Gorman but seriously, it's pathetic and sounds condescending.

I wish he would go the fuck away, it's just rude and as he himself said pathetic at this point.

who DOESNT judge the band at a concert? i always see how the guitar player plays live, me being a guitarist myself. the point is you guys are saying dave grohl, chad smith, and steve gorman aren't aloud to judge a fellow drummer, which im sure is something you do when you see bands live. you cant just think "wow this is amazing" without listening to how he played.

Dave even gave credit to Jason, so i dont see what the problem is.

Am I Jealous???

O YES. GREEN

I feel like you about the part where I just wanted to be there. Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters keep getting better with time and I guess he knows every Led tune and plays them all quite well.

But Jason must be the one on drums to consider it Led Zeppelin. I think Dave Grohl will make a great drum tech. I do love his new disc alot, as well as the 3 previous ones. The Pretender is such a good song.

Just three jealous drummers, drinking away our life long dreams of one day jamming with the greatest rock band of all time.

If there's an opening for drum tech, you know my number.

Dave

The world is a better place knowing Dave Grohl took a piss on the way to the gig and he used Ross Halfin to get in.

Show's over. Go away?

I have seen a fair amount of criticism directed towards Dave Grohl, and I really don't understand why. The guy has only ever praised the group (including Jason) and is just a fan like the rest of us.

No shit, I Love reading this!!!! Grohl is giving credit where it is due, hands down.

I don't think Dave G is that great. He dosen't swing and rock stars don't make the best techs. I think he's trying to kiss ass so he can try to sit in for a number if the tour widens in scope. If he ever plays drums for zep I will, I won't say.

The world is a better place knowing Dave Grohl took a piss on the way to the gig and he used Ross Halfin to get in.

Show's over. Go away?

Dave Grohl is as huge a Zeppelin fan as anyone on this site, if not more. And there's no one in the music biz who gives more props to Zeppelin for their contributions to music overall, and to his own career, than Grohl.

Here's just a sampling of articles where Grohl gives his thoughts on Zeppelin, and pays them nothing but huge respect. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't see how any Zeppelin fan can have a problem with a huge rock star getting on his knees and being as huge and humble a Zep fan as any of us...

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Article 4

And a great interview where Grohl sits down and talks to Robert & Jimmy...

Grohl interviews Page/Plant

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't see how any Zeppelin fan can have a problem with a huge rock star getting on his knees and being as huge and humble a Zep fan as any of us...

Yeah, it beggars belief. People are reading into things that aren't even there when he's said nothing but positive things.

I was sat 2 rows in front of DG and trust me he was shouting singing cheering and clapping like any of us mere mortals :-)

Lucky!

Grohl's a great guy and people shouldnt slate him for just being a big fan and wanting to drum for his favourite band, heck i want to drum for them, but theres obviously hell of alot more of a chance they would ask grohl.

Archived