New Albums Being Released in 2012

Jahfin

KISS's last album: Monster due for release in Feb.

large.jpg

This album is gonna rock!

Even though they were one of the bands I grew up listening to in the 70s, it's become increasingly difficult to take anything they do these days seriously. Especially since Simmons and Stanley have two members out there parading around in makeup made famous by Ace Frehley and Peter Criss as though they can be so easily replaced. As for this being their "last" album. That may well be true but I just looked up several articles about Monster and none of them refer to it as Kiss' last record.

Here's one for starters, the new one from Nada Surf which is due to be released on January 24th.

nadasurf_tsaita.jpg

This should be a good album, looking forward to it.

On a separate note, this is the place where they're announcing the Mermaid Avenue Deluxe box set, scheduled for March 2012 on Nonesuch records.

http://www.woody100....newreleases.htm

Even though they were one of the bands I grew up listening to in the 70s, it's become increasingly difficult to take anything they do these days seriously. Especially since Simmons and Stanley have two members out there parading around in makeup made famous by Ace Frehley and Peter Criss as though can be so easily replaced. As for this being their "last" album. That may well be true but I just looked up several articles about Monster and none of them refer to it as Kiss' last record.

Gene and Paul gave a quote to Classic Rock that it is their last

• 2 weeks later...
New DVD from Talking Heads featuring live performances from 75-83 plus one from 2002 when they were inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. It's due for release on November 21st. You can read more about it here. talkingheads-227x300.jpg

Thanks, I'll probably get this....

i saw them on the Speaking In Tongues tour (Lowell Mass) ...great live band... when the show started, the 1st song was David Byrne solo. The 2nd song was DB and Jerry Harrison, 3rd was with Tina Weymouth Chris Franz etc.... and on and on till around the 6th or 7th song there was this amazing full band, percussionists, backing singers, keyboard players, guitar player... excellent idea... Part way through the show there was a power failure, a generator went or something... so they played the last 1/2 of the show with the house lights on... That was a real cool effect...

• 2 weeks later...

Jahfin, liked the Nada Surf and will look for that as well:-)

Thanks. I was a bit of a latecomer to their work. I remember when "Popular" was all over MTV back in the 90s but I never really paid them much attention until years later when a friend of mine kept talking them up. Not long afterwards I heard one of their songs on XM's new music channel and was immediately taken with it. Almost immediately after that I sought out the album it came from, which was their newest record at the time called The Weight Is A Gift. I've been a fan ever since but still have a bit of catching up to do when it comes to their back catalog. Back to the future, here's another cut from their upcoming new record:

• 4 weeks later...

Kevn Kinney (of Drivin' n' Cryin') A Good Country Mile (2/21)

Kenny Roby (formerly of Six String Drag) is currently recording a new album which he hopes to have out by early Spring.

Bonnie Raitt's Slipstream is due in April. More on that from Rolling Stone here.

Looks like Van Halen's new record will be out on 2/27, at least according to the artwork included in this article. The first single (and video) should be out sometime this month.

A new Son Volt record is also in the works.

Thin Lizzy will release a new box set in June that will be culled from 150 previously unheard tapes. More on that here from The Belfast Telegraph.

44297e3947e999021c02e4a6e27c2ce3.jpg

New Nanci Griffith album out on April 10th in the U.S., February 20th in the U.K.

Details on the new Andrew Bird record, Break It Yourself, which is due for release on March 6th, courtesy of Paste.

The new Kathleen Edwards album, Voyageur (due January 17th) is being streamed by NPR as part of their First Listen series.

Rolling Stone reports on the new Avett Brothers album.

The previously unreleased Doors song "She Smells So Nice".

A Church That Fits Our Needs, the new one from Lost in the Trees which is due on March 20th:

"Turning Me On" from the new Jay Gonzalez (keyboardist and sometime guitarist for the Drive-By Truckers) album Mess of Happiness which is out now:

"Hell, No (I'm Not Alright)" from the previously mentioned new Nanci Griffith record Intersection which is coming out on April 10th.

39857381.png?e=1326306993&authkey=1326306993_d099621410480eb01528ace902da21a6

Samantha Crain released a new single today called A Simple Jungle that includes the songs "It's Simple" b/w "A Cadwell Jungle". If you download the single from her website it also includes "The Dam Song" (Live).

In that case I`ll get both CDs :)

Jim James, Will Johnson, Jay Farrar and Anders Park have also announced a tour in support of the New Multitudes record:

03/06 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore

03/07 Los Angeles, CA Music Box

03/09 Portland, OR Crystal Ballroom

03/10 Seattle, WA Showbox

03/12 Alexandria, VA The Birchmere

03/13 Philadelphia, PA Union Transfer

03/14 New York, NY Webster Hall

03/16 Boston, MA Paradise

Archived