A Gig By Celebs For Celebs

Hi Folks

I trust you all had a great night and what the minions were able to see on the news that evening the band sounded great. I include myself as a non attender

But what a joke really. As BBC reported all the "celebs" were out in force for the reunion of the decade. Just how did all these "non" fans get tickets.. lucky i'd say. Peter Kay, Richard Hammond, that wanker from Oasis, Macartney, the Stones Kate Moss ? Kate Moss. A fan ?? I bet she couldn't sing the words to the Rain Song let alone Stairway, Faithless - yeah the dance group, the list went on and on - was Lily "No Talent" Allen there? Bet you she was

I thought the tickets were through a ballot and a ballot only - obviously not. Jimmy Page has to be congratulated for bringing the band together but i feel it's tickets for the boys and not the real fans - funny I read that the crowd were a little subdued. Is there a reason for this? I think it was the hottest ticket around and it was just "cool" to be there. Just like everything in this country its who you know and if they do tour (albeit in the states) why doesn't JP sell tickets on e-bay cos thats where they will end up. Or give em to his celeb mates and f*** the real fans.

Thankfully i saw the group at Knebworth, Plants Honeydrippers gig in Manchester, Pageys outrider tour and their brilliant Buxton Opera House Alexis Korner benefit show. I don't feel the need to see them again and probably won't be successful in the scrum for tickets

After all these years of yes/no yes/no, as Johnny Rotten said "don't ya feel you'v ever been cheated"

David

Hi Folks

I trust you all had a great night and what the minions were able to see on the news that evening the band sounded great. I include myself as a non attender

But what a joke really. As BBC reported all the "celebs" were out in force for the reunion of the decade. Just how did all these "non" fans get tickets.. lucky i'd say. Peter Kay, Richard Hammond, that wanker from Oasis, Macartney, the Stones Kate Moss ? Kate Moss. A fan ?? I bet she couldn't sing the words to the Rain Song let alone Stairway, Faithless - yeah the dance group, the list went on and on - was Lily "No Talent" Allen there? Bet you she was

I thought the tickets were through a ballot and a ballot only - obviously not. Jimmy Page has to be congratulated for bringing the band together but i feel it's tickets for the boys and not the real fans - funny I read that the crowd were a little subdued. Is there a reason for this? I think it was the hottest ticket around and it was just "cool" to be there. Just like everything in this country its who you know and if they do tour (albeit in the states) why doesn't JP sell tickets on e-bay cos thats where they will end up. Or give em to his celeb mates and f*** the real fans.

Thankfully i saw the group at Knebworth, Plants Honeydrippers gig in Manchester, Pageys outrider tour and their brilliant Buxton Opera House Alexis Korner benefit show. I don't feel the need to see them again and probably won't be successful in the scrum for tickets

After all these years of yes/no yes/no, as Johnny Rotten said "don't ya feel you'v ever been cheated"

David

Yadda, yadda, yadda… Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi Folks

David

A post by a douche for douches.

It was stated well beforehand that they released something like 18,000 or so tickets in the ballot system. The rest (like 2,000-2,500) were reserved for promotions/the band/friends and family/corporate packages. This was out there from the beginning.

A post by a douche for douches.

It was stated well beforehand that they released something like 18,000 or so tickets in the ballot system. The rest (like 2,000-2,500) were reserved for promotions/the band/friends and family/corporate packages. This was out there from the beginning.

Why can't people criticise something without being called names?

It's not an unfair comment.

Many real fans were shut out from the experience so that celebs who are not fans could attend.

People are gutted & seeing the celebs going in just adds to that.

People need to vent their frustration.

Having said that- unfortunately thats how the machine operates.

I don't think anything will ever change it.

And I believe it isn't in Pages power to do anything about it.

Why can't people criticise something without being called names?

It's not an unfair comment.

Many real fans were shut out from the experience so that celebs who are not fans could attend.

People are gutted & seeing the celebs going in just adds to that.

People need to vent their frustration.

Having said that- unfortunately thats how the machine operates.

I don't think anything will ever change it.

And I believe it isn't in Pages power to do anything about it.

Seriously, you think because they are celebs that they aren't zep fans? Dave Grohl would probably put your fandom to shame as big a geek as he is. And you don't think David Gilmour, Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger should have been there? And I'm guessing Paris Hilton had enough disposable income to pay for one of those mondo-expensive package deals that were being sold. Many of those celebs likely paid good money for the ticket, which went to the charity.

You do realize this is how the industry works, right? Artists surround themselves with other artists. All four of those guys have gone to others' concerts the same way (including Plant to both Genesis and Gilmour's solo gig in the last year). Ordinary people get oversensitive in this me-me culture in which we live. How many people have said they "owe" us a concert on this board alone? But face it - life is not fair, it was only a charity concert and not a life-saving operation.

Seriously, you think because they are celebs that they aren't zep fans? Dave Grohl would probably put your fandom to shame as big a geek as he is. And you don't think David Gilmour, Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger should have been there? And I'm guessing Paris Hilton had enough disposable income to pay for one of those mondo-expensive package deals that were being sold. Many of those celebs likely paid good money for the ticket, which went to the charity.

You do realize this is how the industry works, right? Artists surround themselves with other artists. All four of those guys have gone to others' concerts the same way (including Plant to both Genesis and Gilmour's solo gig in the last year). Ordinary people get oversensitive in this me-me culture in which we live. How many people have said they "owe" us a concert on this board alone? But face it - life is not fair, it was only a charity concert and not a life-saving operation.

I never named any names.

you don't need to put words in my mouth.

Of course I would expect the likes of Jagger, McCartney & Gilmour to be there not to mention Roger Taylor who has been a Zep Fan for years.

I have no problem with that.

& I personally have NEVER stated to anyone that Zep OWE us a concert either. I don't believe they do

I never thought this gig would happen.

This thread exposes the REAl need for a world tour by Zep rapiddoooooooooooooooo!! :) :)

Yea,

I'm not holding my breath though (I hope I'm wrong)

I don't expect we'll hear anything from them one way or the other until at least after Christmas.

The need is our desire.

The reality is their age.

I don't want them to go on a two-year world tour where Plant gets bored like he did last time working with Jimmy. That would be a massive disgrace and disappointment to the whole thing. He's already expressed his contempt for playing "faceless basketball arenas" so could you REALLY see him wanting to do a faceless football/soccer stadium tour?

I think as Aquamarine pointed out, unless you you count us as celebs the gig wasnt like that at all, yes there where a lot there but must where just ordinary people having spent a lot of hard earn't cash at a very special gig.

I an't o celebrity just an under paid over worked but very happy youth worker

All the best

Andy

yea,

we know that there were alot of ordinary peeps there, apparently about 18,000

good luck to you. That really wasn't the point.

It's just that there were SOME tickets wasted there on people who really didn't want to hear the band they just wanted to be at an event.

Someone reported some comedian & his wife arriving 40 min late & falling asleep.

then there are all the "Corporate" tickets as well.

I begrudge even two tickets being wasted

If 2 other people could have had them & really enjoyed themseves. They were that precious.

yea,

we know that there were alot of ordinary peeps there, apparently about 18,000

good luck to you. That really wasn't the point.

It's just that there were SOME tickets wasted there on people who really didn't want to hear the band they just wanted to be at an event.

Someone reported some comedian & his wife arriving 40 min late & falling asleep.

then there are all the "Corporate" tickets as well.

I begrudge even two tickets being wasted

If 2 other people could have had them & really enjoyed themseves. They were that precious.

But it wasn't a gig BY celebs FOR celebs. That was a wild overexaggeration.

All right all right. But 2000 friends / family !! It was after all a benefit show and it turned into the biggest gig of the decade - as it would be naturally anyway with Zepp not really doing anything for 27 years etc.

Each ticket holder (allegedly - can someone confirm this) had to have all documents relating to the ticket to get in. Did, lets say Stick Moss - well know dullard and coke junkie with horrendously untalented smack head of an ex boyfriend, have her personalised Ticket ?? Errr no probably not.

Desperate fan who buys a ticket thorough e-bay - "can't come in mate - no proof of purchase"

This is my point.

Also no coincidence that "The Mothership" and "The Song Remains the Same" Live in New York ( and shepparton studios London) was released just before the gig and Commercialmas?

But it wasn't a gig BY celebs FOR celebs. That was a wild overexaggeration.

(looking at the title of this thread)

Point taken.

I only got into this because I was defending someone who IMO wanted to voice their frustration & got it flung back in their face & called names to boot.

Archived