What are you sad about that Led Zeppelin didn't do ?

Yeah, it would have been interesting to see what they would've done with Queen though, in my opinion.

It wasn't as though they were never open to collaborations but for the most part, they always seem to play it close to the chest. I'm not sure what the reasons behind that were (or if there even were any) but it's something I've always admired about them.

• 4 weeks later...

Everything happens for a reason. Whether you want to believe it or not. I too wish I would have been born earlier so I could actually witness some of the things Zeppelin did. But I'm not going to dwell on that for the rest of my life. As of right now, I am so greatful that the three remaining members are in good health.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel that if Led Zeppelin performed at woodstock they would steal the whole festival. Not saying the other groups are subpar, just how the crowd would react.

They should of released more of their acoustic work from headley grange. From what i've heard, Jimmy still hasn't released it all.

The fact that they never collaborated with anyone like Queen or the Grateful Dead

If I were part of a big name act such as Led Zeppelin, The Stones , The Beatles, The Who etc. I would be very careful not to get involved with other acts. I'd try stick to bringing in unknowns.

haha! oh man, I wonder what it would smell like.

I don't know exactly what scents could be used to create it, but It would be a unisex fragrance. Something elegant, mysterious, and sexy. The bottle would be shaped like an obelisk, to give it "Presence". And with the Zoso logo in white against the black bottle.

I also wish there was more live, pro-shot video footage of Led Zeppelin in concert. At least one or two full concert videos from all of their tours. Imagine pro-shot, band authorized, video of Led Zeppelin from the Fillmore West in 1969 all the way up to and including Led Zeppelin's Last Stand in Berlin, Germany on July 7, 1980.

I do have the last two Earl's Court 1975 concerts as well as Seattle 1977 and both Knebworth 1979 concerts on dvd. For a band like Led Zeppelin, that toured the way They did and gave the fans everything They had, I do think that it is sad that these are the only dvd's that are currently available as "Bootleg" (not including the "Song Remains the Same", which most Led Zeppelin fans have seen 100's of times and can be bought at your local Best Buy).

If anyone knows of any other live, full-length "bootleg" dvds that are out there, Please let me know.

That none of the surviving members have came out with their own fragrance. For example: Zoso for men and women. I'd buy it!

That's a cool idea! It could be a unisex fragrance, smelling of Scottish heather, Egyptian incense, cigarettes and 1970's wood paneling (suggesting the interior of a recording studio). Maybe a slight hint of guitar polish too. And Jack Daniels.

I hate the way they fucked up the TSRTS concert(s). I don't want to see a motion picture during Page's best live solo (No Quarter).

Like them or not, the fantasy sequences are a huge part of the original concept for The Song Remains the Same. In some circles, they're even considered groundbreaking in the sense of conceptual filmmaking which came to be de rigueur on MTV years later. Then again, everyone has claimed to invented that idea years prior, including the creators of The Monkees television program. Truth is, no one person perfected the idea prior to MTV but they sure helped to popularize it.

Not sure I'd consider Page's book an autobiography, at least not in the tradition sense because it's essentially a book of photos, not writing. That's where the true insight into his career would come from. Yes, you can still tell a story using only photographs but I wouldn't call that an autobiography.

As for Zeppelin's stance with the press, I actually admired that. We didn't need to know all of the intimate details of their lives. It also helped to create a sense of mystery which has come to be as big a part of their legacy as the music itself. Tons of other artists have learned from that approach as well.

Like them or not, the fantasy sequences are a huge part of the original concept for The Song Remains the Same. In some circles, they're even considered groundbreaking in the sense of conceptual filmmaking which came to be de rigueur on MTV years later. Then again, everyone has claimed to invented that idea years prior, including the creators of The Monkees television program. Truth is, no one person perfected the idea prior to MTV but they sure helped to popularize it.

Maybe you're right but they should've released the raw MSG concerts, without fantasy sequences and other schemes.

Maybe you're right but they should've released the raw MSG concerts, without fantasy sequences and other schemes.

"Schemes"? I don't recall there being any "schemes" in The Song Remains the Same. There's always fans out there that think they know better than the band themselves but they did what they thought was the right thing to do at the time. No, it hasn't aged well and it often causes them to be the subject of ridicule but it's also a huge part of their legacy, for better or for worse.

I don't think their legacy would exacerbate had they released the raw footage of the MSG gigs. OK, those concerts contained some mistakes, but they were too trivial and definitely not a pertinent reason for not releasing them.

Not sure I'd consider Page's book an autobiography, at least not in the tradition sense because it's essentially a book of photos, not writing. That's where the true insight into his career would come from. Yes, you can still tell a story using only photographs but I wouldn't call that an autobiography.

As for Zeppelin's stance with the press, I actually admired that. We didn't need to know all of the intimate details of their lives. It also helped to create a sense of mystery which has come to be as big a part of their legacy as the music itself. Tons of other artists have learned from that approach as well.

I totally get where you're coming from about the press. It's just a little sad that Rolling Stones, of all of the media outlets, pretty much bashed them every chance they could. Keeping their distance from them def. made them more intriguing!

Archived