Named & Shamed

I don't scream through concerts, but I'm not a boisterous person either. I can't believe how stupid some people are. :o Two guys sleeping- I would've slapped them. Naomi Cambell- I would've punched her in the eye. Then I could brag that I seen Zep and punched a model who's suppose to me so mean. I would've been pround of my ancient over sized cellphone if I could've thrown it at her.

Show of a lifetime.............only regrets is that every time I go to a show in London only us Americans want to stand...need to stand because it is very hard to sit through something so incredible....but I don't or I move to a spot where I don't block anyone...but if you ever come to a show in US don't think yelling sit down is gonna work...NO WAY.... saw Cream at RAH everyone sat sedately....same show MSG and everyone was on there feet all 20 thousand and that is what it is all about...the fans and their exhuberance and showing their love and respect for the artists and the music....Thanks for the memory of a lifetime guys....................Rock On

It was the greatest night of my life, seriously. I had a standing ticket so I often had to crane my neck to see between the taller folks in front of me, but the great thing about standing was the feeling of being in the thick of it all!

The "corporate block" in the lower tiers were up and down the steps to the bar and back all night. A lot of them evidently couldn't give a toss about the concert and were only there for the free beer and vol-au-vents. It would have been fairer if the corporate block attendees had been allocated seats in the upper tier so more fans could have had the lower tier seats.

Show of a lifetime.............only regrets is that every time I go to a show in London only us Americans want to stand...need to stand because it is very hard to sit through something so incredible....but I don't or I move to a spot where I don't block anyone...but if you ever come to a show in US don't think yelling sit down is gonna work...NO WAY.... saw Cream at RAH everyone sat sedately....same show MSG and everyone was on there feet all 20 thousand and that is what it is all about...the fans and their exhuberance and showing their love and respect for the artists and the music....Thanks for the memory of a lifetime guys....................Rock On

This is too true... Not to take anything away from music fans outside of the USA, but many bands - Zep included, have always cited the energy of an American crowd as a reason for wanting to tour extensively in The States.. So I guess it is an American thing afterall..

We were behind a woman who danced and waved her arms around for the first part of the gig, and then sat down after about 4 or 5 songs and fell asleep for the remainder of the gig, almost falling down from the top tier when she tried to leave at the end, only just being saved by her "other half" and the person in the row in front. What a waste! I know people who would have paid almost anything to be there. And as for Paris Hilton, why!, I rest my case.

To the 2 sleeping dickheads, I hope you spent £1000 each on your tickets on e-bay, missed your train home, got mugged, kicked out by your wife and are now heading down the solicitors to pick up your divorce papers. That makes me feel a little better having missed the opportunity of a lifetime to allow such true fans as these two to enjoy a night out down the O2 pub.

I don't know about you, but if I saw Naomi Campbell having trouble getting back to her seat, I would have put my arms around her to help her out.

careful, she might belt you with a cell phone or other available electronic device.

I was standing at the front, 3 foot from the barriers and 10 foot from the speaker stack at the left of the stage.

Although I thought my ears might bleed with the volume a twat of a girl behind me was screaming "I love you Jimmy" and other rubbish so loud I could not hear Robert Plant at times. She also insisted on shouting the words of some of the songs at the same volume. She quietened down in time. I only hope she bit her tongue off.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I at one point was able to move down a few rows to get some pics and there wasa woman at the end of the row who was fast asleep leaning against her man. I thought wtf are you sleeping for?

Then she stood up at some point and took a step forward and her leg went into the back of the person in front and it then became quite obvious that she was complertely pissed.

What a waste. :angry: when you consider how many would have wanted her ticket.

Well not quite named, but certainly shamed.

Unbelievable.............

2 guy's in front of me, in Section 413, row H seats 752 & 753. They were in and out of their seats all night to buy 4-packs of beer, of which most was spilled on the floor.

They then fell asleep :blink: during Kashmir and were asleep all the way through the 2 encores. WTF

I hope you are proud of yourselves.

A Suit (looked like a Lawyer or Banker) and some tart walked out, never to return before Stairway near me in section 419 row L. Just think of all the real fans that could not get tickets, makes me sick!

The shame is that the one person who promised that 'real fans' would get tickets may never see this. Sir Marvey Goldfish, promoter of this concert and organiser of the 'Led Zep ticket fiasco' should read this and weep. There are other threads here detailing empty seats and ticketless fans outside. The man and his plan were useless. Be clear -he had no part in Zep being so good. They've been a great live band without his services in the past and would have been good at O2 anyway. He's not chief musical advisor or arranger.Which instrument did he play at O2? It'd be sad to see him avoid criticism because the band were so very good. He wasn't. End of rant.Thank you.

lol at the 2 guys that fell asleep

They must of bean out of their heads :D

I was in the standing area, about 10 rows back from the stage. Twice there was nearly a fight because people coming in from the side and stopping in front of people who had queued to get there.

Near the end I did move to the back, to get a different perspective and be the first to get the tube. The atmosphere was completely different. It was like watching it on TV. Crap. The sound was awful at the back too. Nowhere NEAR as fantastic as being up the front.

And why oh why do people choose to book seats when they could get in the standing area and get up close? Ok, if the tickets had run out and it was seating only, but some of those pics from the seating areas seem like you're 1/2 mile away.

Mark Kermode was stood near me, good on him for not being in the corporates or VIP. Still had to push him to get past him though.

I want to name but not shame my mother in law , Debbie

For pulling the towel heater off the wall in our hotel and smoking in the bathroom :rolleyes:

I think she would have thrown the tv out of the window too, but Zepp were on the news !

Jimmy would have been proud :D

:hysterical:

I was just behind you and I've spent thousands of dollars trying to hunt you down and skin you alive. I've had no leads for the past few years as you must have evaded my justic somehow but now that I've found you by chance on this board, can you please give me your address so I can make the necessary arrangements through my local travel agent?

if you were anywhere near me at the MSG appearance of The Firm in 1984.. I am truly sorry if my exuberance caused you any discomfort.

Archived