Named & Shamed

Interesting how Dick Hume tries to use his wife to impugn Zep's masculinity. He seems to be suffering some degree of anxiety about "cock rock" and all its "panting" fans. Hmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Did his opinion piece run in the Times print version or simply in its on-line version? My read? He's nothing more than a well-paid troll.

Interesting to see that Dick Hume puts football and Manchester United in his biog. Personally, I would rather eat my own scrotum than watch a football match but then I was in the third row at the O2 and am still on cloud 9 so do not give a shit about the tosser or his airhead wife. If you don't like the music in the first place why waste everyones time by reviewing it.

I think it is very sad when people who were lucky to get tickets for this amazing event, cannot conduct themselves in a proper manner, to be there in the first place was an honour, to have it spoilt by a load of

nutcases, is just awful.

I was standing at the front, 3 foot from the barriers and 10 foot from the speaker stack at the left of the stage.

Although I thought my ears might bleed with the volume a twat of a girl behind me was screaming "I love you Jimmy" and other rubbish so loud I could not hear Robert Plant at times. She also insisted on shouting the words of some of the songs at the same volume. She quietened down in time. I only hope she bit her tongue off.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

To the dick head standing next to me about 20 rows back stage centre who half way through the support acts starts mouthing off about how I am invading his personal space and that I have moved sideways towards him. Correct me if I am wrong but this is a standing crowd of 4000 people packed into a confined area. Personal space is not something you can expect a lot of and movement does tend to occur. Also to his exceedingly large acquaintance from the same side of the pond with the bandana and stars and stripes flag who liked the sound of his own voice far too much and spent the whole time moaning about standing up for so long and how things would be so much better organised at MSG and how things are generally much better in the US.

Well if it’s that bad coming to see an English band in England you know what you can do?

To the dick head standing next to me about 20 rows back stage centre who half way through the support acts starts mouthing off about how I am invading his personal space and that I have moved sideways towards him. Correct me if I am wrong but this is a standing crowd of 4000 people packed into a confined area. Personal space is not something you can expect a lot of and movement does tend to occur. Also to his exceedingly large acquaintance from the same side of the pond with the bandana and stars and stripes flag who liked the sound of his own voice far too much and spent the whole time moaning about standing up for so long and how things would be so much better organised at MSG and how things are generally much better in the US.

Well if it’s that bad coming to see an English band in England you know what you can do?

haha, i was by that guy in the queue :P

Wow - what an interesting thread this has been. :D

Went to the LZ concert in 1975 at Earls Court ( at University at the time) - could not get tickets for the recent event :(

Its been fun reading the comments of those of you that went but my blood pressure started to rise when I read the comments about the number idots who did not even see the whole concert.

I wish I could have had one of their seats.

John

I can remember the first time I got to see Jimmy Page in 1984 when he toured with The Firm. ( I believe that may have been the first time he was on the stage of MSG since Zep last appeared there in 1977 so you can only imagine how LOUD that arena was ! I don't think he was able to say anything for almost 5 minutes it was so loud.. what a show ! ) I just screamed "JIMMY F***ing PAGE" for about an hour. I can understand her excitement because it was probably the first time, and there has always been a mystique associated with Led Zeppelin and all it's members that causes such reactions the first time you see them. This is especially true for people that only heard about Zeppelin shows but never got the chance to see them.

SO, if you were anywhere near me at the MSG appearance of The Firm in 1984.. I am truly sorry if my exuberance caused you any discomfort.

I was right with you doing the same thing at that show! :D my first live Jimmy experience as well...

but back on topic..... I'll give the over drunk the benefit of the doubt, If I was fortunate enough to attend that show, my over excitement may have caused a little "over partying" too...sometimes you just get caught up in the moment....not only that I'm sure there were a few people doing some things that they haven't done in a while and probably don't know their limit anymore

but leaving before the encores? weak

Jimmy played there in '83 for the ARMS concert.

I was there for that! It was a pretty big deal casue it was basically his first series of performances since the death of John Bonham. He was the last act the come on before everyone came out on stage. Wood, Wyman and Watts from the stones were there (I was in back of the stage and remember Ron Wood climbing over the barrier holding a bottle of Jack in one hand). Joe Cocker, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Kenny Jones who was in the who at the time was there too. Others, so many I can't remember them all. I think most people were there to see Jimmy tho, in my biased opinion. Paul Rodgers was there and sang for Jimmy. Couple of tracks off Death Wish 2 and what was to become a "Firm" song.

I was in section 101 near the back --

- the woman next to me who showed up just as the show was starting and sat the entire time looking bored. I dont think she could see anything, since everyone else stood

- the guy in the suit who didnt have a seat in our section but continued to sneak into rows waiving his cell phone around and trying to high five everyone

- all of the people who took off after Kashmir

- all of the people who stayed for Whole Lotta Love, but left before Rock n roll

- the guy who continued to stand while everyone else sat down during no quarter (oh yeah, that was me!)

To all the people who are getting annoyed about the "ticket wasters" who were present at the02, dont worry, I was there representing all us "real" fans. I stood for the set, maybe 10 rows from the front, absolutley bursting for a piss, but clung on for the full performance!! I headbanged my way through the "heavy" mid section of Dazed And Confused, howled my eyes out throughout No Quarter, attempted to get some jumping going for Ramble On, just freaked out for Black Dog and stood in bewilderment throughout Kashmir. I waited until afterwards and a late bar to have a few beers. I cant believe the people who were drunk - this wasn't just "any old gig" you know!

- the woman next to me who showed up just as the show was starting and sat the entire time looking bored. I dont think she could see anything, since everyone else stood

- the guy in the suit who didnt have a seat in our section but continued to sneak into rows waiving his cell phone around and trying to high five everyone

- all of the people who stayed for Whole Lotta Love, but left before Rock n roll

- the guy who continued to stand while everyone else sat down during no quarter (oh yeah, that was me!)

Wasn't 101 the vip section. I was in the next block and thought that was the case?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Took off before the encores? Millions of people like me would have done just about anything to see our favorite band, and would have stayed for a four hour concert if such a thing were possible.

Wasn't 101 the vip section. I was in the next block and thought that was the case?

yes (at least some of it). i was towards the top of it.

I do think that is why i saw a number of people leave early and a few looked bored.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Took off before the encores? Millions of people like me would have done just about anything to see our favorite band, and would have stayed for a four hour concert if such a thing were possible.

Totally agree; i just dont get it--- for what its worth, i went to the show by myself (i flew in from NYC especially for the show). I was totally focused on the show, stood the entire time, knew every word of every song (but didnt annoy others by singing out loud), showed my appreciation and didnt leave until i was absolutely sure it was over. Ive been going to shows for over 30 years and this was the greatest show ever-- by far.

Some dude behind me, right side row 5ish on the floor, had his hands over his mouth like he was seening a ghost... he kept climbing up the back of this girl from NJ. I'm surprised her husband didn't pop him.

This lady was a whip, she took care of herself.

To our right the Big Unit was getting harassed as were the other celebs sitting in the 'empty seat section'.

Great spot to see it all. At one point I turned around and Paul Rogers and the dude with the big red plume were behind me.

I let them all see my Canadian Flag! Briefly... didn't want to be an ass.

I can remember the first time I got to see Jimmy Page in 1984 when he toured with The Firm. ( I believe that may have been the first time he was on the stage of MSG since Zep last appeared there in 1977 so you can only imagine how LOUD that arena was ! I don't think he was able to say anything for almost 5 minutes it was so loud.. what a show ! ) I just screamed "JIMMY F***ing PAGE" for about an hour. I can understand her excitement because it was probably the first time, and there has always been a mystique associated with Led Zeppelin and all it's members that causes such reactions the first time you see them. This is especially true for people that only heard about Zeppelin shows but never got the chance to see them.

SO, if you were anywhere near me at the MSG appearance of The Firm in 1984.. I am truly sorry if my exuberance caused you any discomfort.

Jimmy Played at the Arms Show in 83 at MSG.

Archived